use early decision or apply to all schools earlier?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

joemateo14

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone. i'm trying to figure out what would be the option: to use early decision on one of the programs i'm applying to and wait until they make a decision, or to apply to all of the programs (currently at 9 :boom:) as early as possible. i know the earlier you apply the better, and your early decision program has until september 24 to make a decision, so i'm assuming i wouldn't be able to apply anywhere else until around that time.

any input is appreciated! 🙂
 
Apply to all schools. I'm starting in September after 2 years of applying. The first time I applied, I did early decision and when I didn't get into the ED school, I had the worst luck with schools "missing" some of my materials or putting my application on hold (for no reason) which led me to be wait listed instead of accepted my first year as told by the schools. Do yourself a favor and apply to multiple at once in the beginning.
 
Thanks for the advice! I think it's a tough call because we don't know how "effective" ED actually is and if it varies program to program. Now that I hear about your experience I think it's best to apply all at once, as soon as I can.

Thanks and I'm glad everything turned out well for you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad