Use phone during brake

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by flossit, May 19, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. flossit

flossit 2+ Year Member

Jan 30, 2015
    anyone knows if i can use phone during the brake?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. I-hate-alginate

I-hate-alginate La Dolce Vita

Mar 28, 2017
    Haha there is a huge misunderstanding when it comes to DAT preparation. Just because you are studying, it doesn't mean you can't do any other activity or not use your phone. I was on my phone more than I studied and that was during my "DAT preparation".

4. Dr. Li

Dr. Li

Jul 22, 2016
    i think what he means is the 15 min optional break when you take the real DAT.

I-hate-alginate likes this.
  5. I-hate-alginate

Mar 28, 2017
    I still wonder how I got 20 on the RC haha. I couldn't use my phone during break. They told me that I can't use any electronics.

6. I-hate-alginate

Mar 28, 2017
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I apologize.

7. flossit

flossit 2+ Year Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Got it thanks!

8. joker16z

joker16z

Mar 16, 2017
    I took the DAT two weeks ago and during my 30 minute break, they told me I was free to do whatever I wanted during my break (bathroom, eat, use phone, walk outside, etc.) I of course left my phone in my car just to be on the extra safe side. As I was leaving the testing center (after completing the full exam) some guy (taking another exam) grabbed his phone from his locker and they saw it. He told them he was just checking his emails during his break. They made him give them extra information so I'm assuming they were documenting his cheating (intentionally or unintentionally).

TL;DR My testing center allowed phone usage but there's nothing you're really going to learn and retain in that short 30 minutes.

9. BioTic

BioTic

Dec 31, 2015
    I realize you made a mistake but the fact that you even thought that's what he meant I'm laughing.

10. FeralisExtremum

FeralisExtremum SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor 7+ Year Member

May 17, 2008
    I don't see how cheating would be a concern here. If you're using your phone during the break, you've already taken the science section and can't go back to change it. Moving forward you would be taking the PAT, RC, and QR sections (which you wouldn't have seen yet). Use of your phone during the break would provide zero benefit towards the test itself.

11. I-hate-alginate

Mar 28, 2017
    Okay... lol.

12. MendiT13

MendiT13

May 13, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    I took my DAT a week ago, and they don't allow access to your phone or study material during the break.