Useful anesthesia electronic or pocket reference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliDreamin4Life

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for a useful resource I can download on phone (preferably) or carry in pocket for day to day anesthesia practice (attending level)? Are you guys using anything you like? What's your go to day to day reference for various anesthesia considerations? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Essence of Anesthesia Practice. Buy the physical book, register on expertconsult.com and download the multiplatform beautiful Inkling ebook that comes with it. Jaffe for the stuff not included here.

Alternative: Kindle version of the Oxford Anesthesia handbooks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ASRA Coags app. Can look up random and common meds and see recommendations for neuraxial and peripheral blocks

ASRA Coags is useful. I used gasguide app when I first started CA1 year, but honestly you’ll memorize all the doses of drugs and everything so quickly that it probably doesn’t matter. I personally found typing a few notes about common drug doses and infusions, and case specific things as you go along into your phone is the most useful thing to do. You might also ask seniors in your program if they have something like this they could share. The Stanford emergency manual is a good quick reference as well.

Reactions: 1 users
ASRA coags is the only app on my phone related to anesthesia that I will occasionally use. Only other resource is the occasional need to grab a book of pediatric syndromes if somebody has something odd.

Oxford drugs in anesthesia and intensive care app is the only consistent things I've used.
I don't think I've ever actually read a text book.
Ceaccp from the bia is a montly set of online tutorials going bqck 18 years that have every topic under the sun summarised with mcqs. That's my go to

Oxford drugs in anesthesia and intensive care app is the only consistent things I've used.
I don't think I've ever actually read a text book.
Ceaccp from the bia is a montly set of online tutorials going bqck 18 years that have every topic under the sun summarised with mcqs. That's my go to
Can you get that electronically?

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile app