Useless Anatomy Factoid Take 2...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Old_Mil

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No doubt I got this idiotic question wrong on an Anatomy exam somewhere along the line...which two joints contain tendons?

Knee and shoulder?

Members don't see this ad.

No doubt I got this idiotic question wrong on an Anatomy exam somewhere along the line...which two joints contain tendons?

Knee and shoulder?

Hmm, I probably would think hip joint for one of them - ligamentum capitis femoris passes through the joint capsule I believe. Is that what you're asking?

250px-Gray342.png

Hmm, I probably would think hip joint for one of them - ligamentum capitis femoris passes through the joint capsule I believe. Is that what you're asking?

250px-Gray342.png

That's a ligament (bone to bone). The closest I can come to figuring it out after looking at Netters is the Rectus Tendon that joins the patella as part of the knee and the subscapularis tendon within the shoulder.

Of course, since these are the obvious answers, I'm sure they are incorrect.

I hated anatomy when I was taking it, I hate it even more now when it rears its ugly head and interferes with the practice of medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a ligament (bone to bone). The closest I can come to figuring it out after looking at Netters is the Rectus Tendon that joins the patella as part of the knee and the subscapularis tendon within the shoulder.

I hated anatomy when I was taking it, I hate it even more now when it rears its ugly head and interferes with the practice of medicine.

Duh, sorry, it's been a long week.

"Contain" tendons? As in, tendons that cross the joint?

I'm not sure I like the question.

Amen brother.