USIMG interview/rejection thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not an IMG, but thought I would tell you guys I got TWO emails from Cleveland Clinic telling me I suck. TWO. Thanks, and thanks again. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Cleveland clinic via email and ERAS, told me to go forget myself.

"Thanks but no thanks" from UF. I cried.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. Submitted my application 9/18/05.
So far...
Interviews: JHU, Mayo Rochester
Rejections: CCF

Application send: 9/26/05

Wayne in Detroit send a nice appology letter, to many applicants.....at that point my LoR´s weren´t uploaded.......

Hypnomania said:
Hi all. Submitted my application 9/18/05.
So far...
Interviews: JHU, Mayo Rochester
Rejections: CCF

You received invites from JHU and Mayo, but not from CCF? :confused: What's up with that? This whole interview selection process strikes me as a little weird/random.

ear-ache said:
You received invites from JHU and Mayo, but not from CCF? :confused: What's up with that? This whole interview selection process strikes me as a little weird/random.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed about CCF but feel lucky to have interviews from JHU and Mayo.

Got an invite from University of Florida today.

I seem to have developed OCD and can't stop checking ERAS every 30 mins.

I'm starting to feel just a tad better now....keep 'em coming! I hope the rest of you have good news to share!!

usmlequestion said:
Application send: 9/26/05

Wayne in Detroit send a nice appology letter, to many applicants.....at that point my LoR´s weren´t uploaded.......

Same here...no worries!

Got my first invite for gas...UMass 9/29 via email! Took Step 2 yesterday...so hopefully, more will be on the way!!

veetz said:
Got my first invite for gas...UMass 9/29 via email! Took Step 2 yesterday...so hopefully, more will be on the way!!

Congrats on your interview and on taking the step 2! More interviews will be coming tomorrow and especially in the next 2 weeks! Good luck!

Received an invite from them today 10/01 via snail mail, no ERAS message. So far, NYMC, Rochester, Wayne State, and medical college of georgia anesthesia and UCONN and UTMB Galveston prelim med. Good luck to all!!

Members don't see this ad :)
-Invites :oops: : JHU, Mayo, U of Florida, Wayne State, U of New Mexico
-Rejections :( : CCF, Medical College of Georgia

-Acknowledgement letters from Mt. Sinai and Temple.

To my surprise, I checked my email today (10/02) and saw the invitation to interview there in Chicago. No ERAS message, just email.

-Jackson Memorial 10/03/05

No gas invite yet, I am starting to get worried, send application last week.......is it me?

Have ECFMG Certificate, Scores 205/207 (I know...), Research, Publications, lot´s of real US Experience, great Lor´s, Deans Letter etc, finished medschool in upper 1/3 of class........?????

I don't know what the deal is, but your not alone. I'm a usimg with a step one of 228 and research. I applied in the second week of sept and have 0 interviews + 3 rejections.

Anesthesia invite via email/ERAS 10/5. For those of you who haven't received invites yet, the vast majority of IMGs are in the same boat unfortunately. Not to worry though because a lot of my friends (IMGs) who applied last year told me that they started hearing from the majority of programs in middle/late october and throughout november. Hang in there guys/gals!! Good luck!

UTHSCSA and MCOW via email/ERAS 10/7.

Wayne State
UTHSCSA
MCOW
MCOG
U of Rochester
NYMC
MU of Ohio
Cook County

Rejections - CCF, UTSW, Vanderbilt.... :(

driverabu said:
UTHSCSA and MCOW via email/ERAS 10/7.

Wayne State
UTHSCSA
MCOW
MCOG
U of Rochester
NYMC
MU of Ohio
Cook County

Way to go Driver!!! You're kicking arse...keep it up!

:cool:

veetz said:
Way to go Driver!!! You're kicking arse...keep it up!

:cool:

Thanks and I hope you are faring well so far. We still have plenty of time to hear from programs and hopefully we will have the opportunity to meet on the interview trail. Good luck to you all and please post any good news (or bad) on here so that we all know what to expect and when!

Not an IMG, but got rejected from U Pitt this week, wasn't really interested in going there, but still, OUCH!

Beck928 said:
Not an IMG, but got rejected from U Pitt this week, wasn't really interested in going there, but still, OUCH!
Yeah me too. Who needs em anyway?? :(

Prelim Invite: UMDNJ, Wilson General, Mercy (Bronx-per USPS)

Anesthesia: NY Medical College (USPS)

Rejection: Wayne, Rush

veetz said:
Advocate Illinois Masonic 10/10 via ERAS

Congrats buddy, they told me to get lost today. Good luck!

Hey guys, I need some words of wisdom here before I drop another paycheck applying to programs.
Background: USIMG, graduated in 2004, currently a PGY2 in ObGyn, Step1 230, Step 2 209 (ouch! :oops: ), applied to 54 programs already, willing to take PGY1 position. My rec letters were uploaded on 9/29, completing my application.
SO FAR ZERO INTERVIEWS. REJECTION ONLY FROM CLEVELAND CLINIC (no rec letters uploaded at the time). As you can imagine I am in some sort of purgatory having no idea of what's going to happen. Is it too soon to be getting responses? How long should I wait? Any theories and/or comments welcome! Thanks!

driverabu said:
Congrats buddy, they told me to get lost today. Good luck!

Thanks man...you've done very well yourself--I'm impressed AND inspired :) Btw, when you interviewing at NYMC if at all?

NewGuyBob said:
Hey guys, I need some words of wisdom here before I drop another paycheck applying to programs.
Background: USIMG, graduated in 2004, currently a PGY2 in ObGyn, Step1 230, Step 2 209 (ouch! :oops: ), applied to 54 programs already, willing to take PGY1 position. My rec letters were uploaded on 9/29, completing my application.
SO FAR ZERO INTERVIEWS. REJECTION ONLY FROM CLEVELAND CLINIC (no rec letters uploaded at the time). As you can imagine I am in some sort of purgatory having no idea of what's going to happen. Is it too soon to be getting responses? How long should I wait? Any theories and/or comments welcome! Thanks!

In my humble opinion, I'd just be patient...you definitely have the credentials...just a matter of time till they start rolling in...good luck!

veetz said:
Thanks man...you've done very well yourself--I'm impressed AND inspired :) Btw, when you interviewing at NYMC if at all?

I will be interviewing at NYMC on 11/12 how about you? I'm trying to schedule as many of the northern programs during november and early dec to try and avoid any snowstorms. We'll see how well that works out!?

NewGuyBob said:

I agree with veetz, as hard as it is to remain calm during this process, it is still early in the game. Many programs that I am aware of have not started offering interviews to IMGs yet. Your credentials are definitely well above average, not to mention that you are already doing a US residency in a specialty that is not the easiest to get into being an IMG and all. Keep your head up and programs will start responding within the next few weeks. Good luck and keep the faith!!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I'll try not to loose it. I'll keep you posted with any new developments.

driverabu said:
I will be interviewing at NYMC on 11/12 how about you? I'm trying to schedule as many of the northern programs during november and early dec to try and avoid any snowstorms. We'll see how well that works out!?

I'll be there 11/12 too! If you need a place to crash or a ride from the airport, let me know--I live about 45 min-hr from NYMC.

Anesthesia invite via e-mail/ERAS 10/12.

usmlequestion said:
Prelim Invite: UMDNJ, Wilson General, Mercy (Bronx-per USPS)

Anesthesia: NY Medical College (USPS)

Rejection: Wayne, Rush

10/ 12 St. Lukes Roosevelt und Advocate in Chicago for Anesthesia!!!!! keep en comming.

Congrats to all you guys that are having success. I wish I was in your shoes. I have no idea what is going on cause I applied a month ago with above average scores and significant research and have 0 interviews. I must have put something ridiculous on my application.

redlined said:
Congrats to all you guys that are having success. I wish I was in your shoes. I have no idea what is going on cause I applied a month ago with above average scores and significant research and have 0 interviews. I must have put something ridiculous on my application.

Still early...your time is coming!! Hang in there...

usmlequestion said:
10/ 12 St. Lukes Roosevelt und Advocate in Chicago for Anesthesia!!!!! keep en comming.

Congrats!! When you plan on interviewing at NYMC and Advocate?

veetz said:
Med. College of Wisconsin via ERAS 10/12

So far...

UMass
NYMC
Illinois Masonic
MCOW

Congrats on MCOW when are you planning on interviewing? I still haven't called them to make reservations. I also got UMass today and Oklahoma prelim med.

veetz said:
Still early...your time is coming!! Hang in there...

Congrats on MCOW. I'm sure you have a ton more coming your way!

At last! Invitation from Cook County. I chose Nov. 19. They only have two interview dates. The last time I came across something like this they had "group interviews" (nerve wrecking!). Anybody knows how's the process at CC?

NewGuyBob said:
At last! Invitation from Cook County. I chose Nov. 19. They only have two interview dates. The last time I came across something like this they had "group interviews" (nerve wrecking!). Anybody knows how's the process at CC?

Congratulations on your first of many interviews!! I am interviewing there on Oct. 29th so I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck!

guys ..just out of curiosity. from what i've heard CCH only tks foreign medical students . I've yet to hear of a US grad at CCH (i recall a poster on a previous thread saying this as well). Is this true? have u heard of any of ur friends/etc at US schools getting a position at cook?

thanks