USIMG interview/rejection thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ThinkFast007 said:
guys ..just out of curiosity. from what i've heard CCH only tks foreign medical students . I've yet to hear of a US grad at CCH (i recall a poster on a previous thread saying this as well). Is this true? have u heard of any of ur friends/etc at US schools getting a position at cook?

thanks

I've never heard of that. Frankly, I don't know of one US hospital that will go out on a limb and accept only FMGs. While the majority of the residents are FMGs mixed with USIMGs, there are several US grads that are currently in training there.

Members don't see this ad.

driverabu said:
I've never heard of that. Frankly, I don't know of one US hospital that will go out on a limb and accept only FMGs. While the majority of the residents are FMGs mixed with USIMGs, there are several US grads that are currently in training there.

I believe St. Barnabas in New Jersey filled all of its anes positions last year with students from one of the Carribean schools...think all of them were offered outside the match as they didn't interview anybody.

I rotated through St.Barnabas and can tell you that in the past they have only taken people who have rotated through the program

Members don't see this ad :)
ABU

u may be right. but thats just what i heard about CCH and yes, heard that about st. barn too.

not to downplay them or anything, but i was just curious cuz i havent seen many ppl get an interview invite on the other thread from CCH.

laterz

Invites: JHU, Mayo Rochester, U. of Florida, Jackson Memorial, U. of New Mexico, Wayne State, Medical U. of Ohio, Medical College of Wisconsin, St. Luke's Roosevelt
Rejections: CCF, Medical College of Georgia, Advocate Illinois

Prelim med invites: Harbor Hospital (MD), Salem Hospital (MA), Nassau Medical Center (NY)
Prelim med rejections: Flushing Hospital (NY)

driverabu said:

Actually it's TRUE that's there's only FMG's there. i rotated thru cook county and i was shocked. i couldn't find one US grad (including DO's)...they're all FMG's! but i don't think it's because they only want FMG's, i think it's that US grads just match other places. so good luck to everyone that wants to go to cook county. by the way there's only 2 categorical spots and no advanced. :thumbdown:

Got the boot from them today......10 gas invites, 4 rejections and 67 more to go!!

Hi there. Just wanted to update you guys.
To sum it up:
invite- Cook County
rejections- CCF, Rush, Illinois Advocate Masonic,Thomas Jeferson
Hope the rejections stop soon :mad:

Got booted from Cinci today also.
So far 0 invites + 4 rejects

Offer: Boston medical center :)
F-U: Cincinatti

Apparently, ohio schools don't like IMG's. Maybe if we dress up like a klansman, or a gang member we would have a fighting chance.
In case you don't know what I'm alluding to, check out he news in ohio since sat. Specifically toledo.

redlined said:
Got booted from Cinci today also.
So far 0 invites + 4 rejects

Guess Cinci has no love for us!! Keep your head up guys/gals...its all gonna work out one way or another:)

veetz said:
Guess Cinci has no love for us!! Keep your head up guys/gals...its all gonna work out one way or another:)

when you guys are saying you're getting rejections, are you getting emails/letters that say "no" or are you just not getting interviews while others are? i only ask this because i too and reading about people getting interviews at places i applied, but i havent heard anything from them yet. i just wanted some clarification.

ps- do you have a link to the toledo story?

In my case, the four rejections I've had, have been via email + ERAS meesage board. They simply say that at this point they are not granting me an interview.:mad: They wish me good luck though :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Medical College of Georgia turned me down today via email + ERAS.
Guess I'll just keep trucking...

USC and SLR only so far...

Rejections: Albert Einstein, Cleve Clinic, Harbor UCLA (they say they don't sponsor ANY visas!)

lvspro said:
Offer: Boston medical center :)
F-U: Cincinatti

Apparently, ohio schools don't like IMG's. Maybe if we dress up like a klansman, or a gang member we would have a fighting chance.
In case you don't know what I'm alluding to, check out he news in ohio since sat. Specifically toledo.

not an IMG here....but LVSPRO, that was pretty hilarious! i'm glad some ppl still have their humor in these trying times :laugh: seriously though, i didnt know that klansman/nazis existed or atleast had a presence in ohio. I've heard indiana and the south but never made the connection w/ohio. i was shocked at what i read/saw from CNN.

Rejection from University of Florida.
Count:
1 invitation, 6 rejections, 50+ unknown

Invite: Henry Ford Detroit :)
Rejects:U-Chicago

RUNNING TALLY
Interviews: WSU, UCLA-H, BMC, HFHS, WPA, SUNY-Buffalo, unnamed

Rejections:Cinci, CCF, Einstein, U-Chicago, Stanford, UCol, UFlor, U-Miami, Loyola, BID, St Eliz, UMich, Al Einst, UOkla, Utah, VMMC

Waitlist: TJeffU, UPitt

just to confirm my neuroticism I applied to some more programs today. I have a total of over 90 apps for trans yr, and anes. I'm no too sure why I did it, I just did it.

Congratulations on all of you who have been receiving invites. For those of you who have not fared as well YET, hang in there because many more are coming after 11/01.

I just took my CS yesterday...what a freakin' relief!! I got 2 prelim rejections today from UTMB (Austin branch) and Methodist in Houston. Invite from WVU for transitional, prelim med invite at Texas Tech, rejection from U of Chicago and invite from Henry Ford. So far I have

Prelim med interviews
UCONN – 01/10/05
UTMB – 11/29/05
Oklahoma - ?
Texas Tech - ?

Transitional interviews
WVU - ?

Anesthesiology interviews
University of Rochester - 11/04
Wayne State – 11/09
New York Medical College – 11/12
Medical College of Georgia – 12/07
Cook County – 10/29
Medical University of Ohio – 11/14
Medical College of Wisconsin – 12/13 (afternoon)
UTHSCSA – 12/03 (afternoon)
UAMS – 12/01
UMass – 01/04
Henry Ford - ?

Gas rejections - CCF, Vanderbilt, U of Chicago, U of Cinci, and UTSW
Prelim med rejections - Baylor (dallas), tech (amarillo), UTMB (austin), methodist in houston.

Good luck to you all!

Any of my fellow IMG'rs heard anything past couple days?

redlined said:
Any of my fellow IMG'rs heard anything past couple days?

Nothing since wednesday....

invites this week-- boston medical center, george washington, henry ford, and drexel

previous-- university of florida, wayne state/detroit medical center, univ of new mexico, medical college of georgia, medical university of ohio, medical college of wisconsin

keeping my fingers crossed for you redlined, my fellow classmate :)

Hey driverabu, veetz and phenobarbidoll - I PM'd you guys, help me out!

NewGuyBob said:
Hey driverabu, veetz and phenobarbidoll - I PM'd you guys, help me out![/QUOTE/]

Easy to say, but I wouldn't start to worry until mid November...they're coming!!

driverabu, veetz and phenobarbidoll
Thanks for the words guys!

NewGuyBob said:
Rejection from University of Florida.
Count:
1 invitation, 6 rejections, 50+ unknown

Hey man, relax. I know for a fact that a lot of people have'nt even started offfering interviews yet. I think nov 1, when the deans letter comes out there will be a rush of activity.
Good luck man.

NewGuyBob said:
driverabu, veetz and phenobarbidoll
Thanks for the words guys!

No problem man. We are all in this together! Best of luck to you and everybody else!

Rejections from Utah, and Wisconsin.
1 invitation, 8 rejections....

Rejection UT Galveston...
1 invitation, 9 rejections

hermione said:
Congrats!!! When are you going??

Thanks Hermione. I scheduled for dec 3rd. In the meanwhile, I was looking up homes in the area, and apparently Buffalo isn't the gem of NY... tons of foreclosures.
Anyhow, what about you?

lvspro said:
Thanks Hermione. I scheduled for dec 3rd. In the meanwhile, I was looking up homes in the area, and apparently Buffalo isn't the gem of NY... tons of foreclosures.
Anyhow, what about you?

Buffalo does sort of suck, cold and snowy. But what can you do?? It IS cheap to live there. 11/12 for me. Good luck to you!

hermione said:
Buffalo does sort of suck, cold and snowy. But what can you do?? It IS cheap to live there. 11/12 for me. Good luck to you!

Ditto.

toughlife said:
I got rejected from a med prelim post at henry ford in Detroit and I go to a top ten allo school. :laugh:

I got dinged by Hawaii for prelim, they said they got too many apps already. Oh well, :smuggrin: they don't have anesthesia there anyway. And I burn easy. :laugh:

SUNY Buffalo today via email. Got the boot from Baystate and UTMB...OUCH!!!! Any rejection from Texas is going to really sting! Also, got an invite for prelim med at Texas Tech and UF in Jacksonville.

any invites from shreveport, uthsc(san antonio), utmb, w.virginia(morgantown), univ of virginia etc??

Rejection from Wayne state...
Invitation from Suny Buffalo.
2 invitations, 10 rejections
UT at San Antonio told me they are not inviting anybody else at the moment
so, 2 invitations, 10 rejections, 1 "rejection"

also Univ. of Mich is not offering any more interviews at the moment...for what I hear.
So that would be: 2 interview, 10 rejections, 2 "rejections"

NewGuyBob said:
also Univ. of Mich is not offering any more interviews at the moment...for what I hear.
So that would be: 2 interview, 10 rejections, 2 "rejections"

Damn!! I'm so pissed about this. Actually, I think it's just that reality hurts. I knew that UMich prolly wasn't gonna offer invites to IMG's, but I applied anyway hoping that I could score a "dream" residency. Oh well, I guess it's off to the middle of Detroit somewhere. :mad: :thumbdown:

wrong forum...

wrong forum...

Also....NM is not sending out any more invites.

Anesthesiology:
UMass
NYMC
Illinois Masonic
MCW

Prelim Med:
UMass
SLU
MCW
U of Oklahoma

Just got Step 2 CK results last week, so hopefully more to come after Nov. 1--best wishes everyone!!

Rejection from UNC for prelim med. Hey lvspro, did wake notify you via e- or snailmail? Thanks and good luck to you all!