• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Using 2017 AATBS EPPP study prep books?

Forensic234

Nov 19, 2018
Hello,

I've begun studying for the EPPP and borrowed study prep books from a colleague. They are the 2017 version from the Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences (AATBS). I plan on purchasing a test package from either AATBS or Psychprep when I get closer to the test date.

My questions are:

Are the 2017 books too outdated considering the test was updated in 2018? (Note that the 2018 update states "much of the content remains the same")
Is studying the test prep books and taking online tests enough?

I may be freaking myself out a bit after googling the EPPP and seeing the amount of debate on what you need to do to avoid failing

Thank you for any advice, tips, and/or reassurance!

BuckeyeLove

Forensic Psychologist
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2014
B1G Country
  1. Psychologist
I legit just took practice tests over and over ( I did this for my board certification as well). No way you're going to retain all of that content verbatim. Regarding the older versions, I think youll be fine. Most of the questions I had on the eppp were on old outdated stuff anyway (especially the IO stuff)

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.