Using a large scholarship to leverage a waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CanIBeAnonymous

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I've just been very fortunate to receive a substantial scholarship from the school I'm currently PTE'd with (~40k/year). However, I'm also on the waitlist for my top choice.

I love this WL'd school TREMENDOUSLY, for the school, the location, the curriculum, the people, etc. Cost is a huge factor, but this WL'd school is also my local state school so the tuition is already somewhat cheaper, and I'd also be able to live rent-free with my fiance so the actual CoA of my state school with no scholarship isn't that much more than my current A after scholarship.

I sent my state school a LoI earlier this month, would it be worth it to send another to mention the scholarship? Would they even care? If I should, any tips?

Happy for all advice!