Using DAT DESTROYER as sole material for Gchem/Ochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oae

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey peeps,

So I have gone through Destroyer GChem and Ochem a few times.

I feel as though I thoroughly understand everything.

Is this enough to do stellar on the DAT, or are there still some shortcomings in the Destroyer?

if so, then whats a good supplement to fill in the gaps?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should be solid as far as the exam goes. If you do have extra time, I would go ahead and just skim through Kaplan. Although you probably don't need it, if you have time I would give it a read just to make sure you have covered everything. I think it might help with the "big picture."

I mean destroyer REALLY shines with Orgo and GC.... Biology is "okay" and I didn't find its QR that helpful.

If you have mastered both Orgo and GC from destroyer, I'd say your in good shape. Althought I also found the Orgo and GC questions from topscore to being great as well ESSPECIALLY after mastering the destroyer.

while destroyer is a great source of information and questions you want to be able to get your hands on everything possible im not saying destroyer won't be sufficient but i personally used kaplan subject tests and review book to compliment destroyer i did kaplan stuff first and then moved on to destroyer ur best bet is to do probably the same and topscore! best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I used DAT destroyer and my orgnanic chem textbook from 2nd year

solomon and fryhe organic chem 9th edition
fantastic textbook

I think you should be solid as far as the exam goes. If you do have extra time, I would go ahead and just skim through Kaplan. Although you probably don't need it, if you have time I would give it a read just to make sure you have covered everything. I think it might help with the "big picture."

Great tip. I do have some extra Kaplan material I could go through including there online practice exams. Thank you

I mean destroyer REALLY shines with Orgo and GC.... Biology is "okay" and I didn't find its QR that helpful.

If you have mastered both Orgo and GC from destroyer, I'd say your in good shape. Althought I also found the Orgo and GC questions from topscore to being great as well ESSPECIALLY after mastering the destroyer.

Topscore sounds great. If I have time after I go through Kaplan online Practice Exams, then Ill cough up the $50 bucks for Top Score. Thanks.

while destroyer is a great source of information and questions you want to be able to get your hands on everything possible im not saying destroyer won't be sufficient but i personally used kaplan subject tests and review book to compliment destroyer i did kaplan stuff first and then moved on to destroyer ur best bet is to do probably the same and topscore! best of luck

There seems to be a general consensus among all of you that Destroyer foundation is pretty solid.

Definitely going to go through some other material as you suggested.

I used DAT destroyer and my orgnanic chem textbook from 2nd year

solomon and fryhe organic chem 9th edition
fantastic textbook

Although I think studying with a textbook would be very thorough and comprehensive, I would NEVER do it.

using a textbook is just WAY too inefficient, and information over-load.

I could understand though if it helped you understand the material better.