Using EK's books in combination with a Kaplan or TPR classroom course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liberaeas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, another question that concerns me:

I bought the five-volume Examkrackers review books to study over winter break. I plan on taking a classroom course as well, and only Kaplan and TPR are offered in my area. I have noticed reading the EK books that they are highly critical of other "commercial" test-prep companies' stratigies, and they repeatedly point out why they don't work. (For example, in the verbal section, skimming the passage, or reading the questions first). I assume that they're talking about Kaplan and TPR, and so I'm wondering if it's going to hurt me to use the EK books as supplemental study guides during the ten weeks of a kaplan or TPR classroom course, for example, by giving conflicting stratigies for the verbal section.

Anyone with experience using this combination please respond.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

im trying to find a balance between using kaplan's online and EKs set and 10001 questions, i wish there was a scheduel that meshed these two together :D.

Ok For Verbal don't use Princeton or Kaplan's strategies. Use Exam Kracker's strategies.

However, for the sciences and for practice tests I like Princeton Review a lot because they give you soooooo much practice material. Also though they give you more information, I think they do that to help you really review what you may have forgotten from the courses and so it is good to know the material they give because sometimes you need detailed info to understand the intracacies of the basics with a proper understanding.

However, will you need every detail on the real MCAT??? NO.

The main thing though is not to just memorize but rather to understand clearly as well.