Using M.D LOR for D.O School Application (LECOM Bradenton)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bionista

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I did a search but didn't see anything specific for my question.

I will be applying to MD schools as well as LECOM Bradenton and I currently have an MD LOR but do not have a DO LOR.
I have shadowed 2 MDs pretty extensively and also worked in a Chiropractic office for 2 years. My question is for LECOM Bradenton specifically; Their site says that a DO letter of rec. is recommended so I am wondering if it would be alright to use my MD LOR? Has anyone done this or know if it's acceptable?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

It's acceptable, however you need to be prepared to answer the question of why osteopathic medicine and how is it different than allopathic....Both MDs and DOs conduct the interviews if that makes you feel better about it

Reactions: 1 users
I had only an MD letter and I was accepted to LECOM-B. As the previous poster wrote, be able to articulate why DO and you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's acceptable, however you need to be prepared to answer the question of why osteopathic medicine and how is it different than allopathic....Both MDs and DOs conduct the interviews if that makes you feel better about it
That's good to know, thank you for the reply!

I applied MD and DO and was accepted with only MD letters. Like others have said, you can almost guarantee a question about what makes DO's special/different to you.

Reactions: 1 user
I had only an MD letter and was accepted to LECOM-B. They also never asked me why DO.

Best of luck.

Weird, I was asked why DO in both the group and mini interview