Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

using old EK books

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by WWU_Viking, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Hi,

I have never posted here. I just completed two years at a CC and will be at a university for three full years. (I plan to take two excess summer quarters just to have more grades and take interesting classes). Im applying to med schools my very last undergrad year.

I want to start studying for the mcat now. I am not taking it until the summer of the year before I apply (second undergrad year at the university).

I am thinking of buying an old (2001) edition of EK1001 book for. It is fairly cheap online. (5$!!!). What do you think about studying out of old editions? Good idea? Bad idea?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. xylem29

Dental Student
    That's really old - by the time you take the MCAT, even the 6th edition of EK would be an old edition right? I don't know how much the MCAT will change by then, but I'm not sure if 2001 will be a good idea, if you can get it for free that's more like it but if you have to pay, you might as well buy a more recent edition with updated content, corrected errata, and possibly some tips for CBT conditions.

4. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer HunterGatherer
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician