using UWORLD as a guide to reading FA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zenith0000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can i use the number of questions that UWORLD asks on a particular topic to guide me as i go through FA on which topics I should devote more time to? It's because so many folks say memorize FA...well i don't have the brain to do that so I was thinking of knowing those that are frequently tested on UWORLD cold. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Can i use the number of questions that UWORLD asks on a particular topic to guide me as i go through FA on which topics I should devote more time to? It's because so many folks say memorize FA...well i don't have the brain to do that so I was thinking of knowing those that are frequently tested on UWORLD cold. What do you guys think? Thanks.

I would say the more you know the better..... try memorizing F/A as best as you can - with multiple reads through it. Reason is that yes some topics are tested more than others.. and your exam might just be that one that tests everything else rather than the super high yield. Don't set yourself up for that trap. I like this Goljan's saying "the more you read, the higher your score"...

I mean coming from fresh start, you probably know about 30% of FA to start, your first pass through it, may bump it up to 50-60%... your second pass plus questions may bump your knowledge up to 70-80%..... 3rd and 4th time with UWORLD may bump it up 90%... and you are ready for the exam.

Whatever works... try not to take to many short-cuts - the only tried and proven short-cuts so far for this exam have been FA + UWORLD (thoroughly).... so making a hyper short-cut from the short-cut would start to bring your grades lower. I'm sorry, I'm a little wordy.

you can use Uworld to fill in the gaps per FA chapter, it does tend to explain many of the one liners in FA.