USMLE 150 question CD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brendang

aka the retina geek
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
with my exam on friday, i'd like to feel as though i'm in the consolidation phase of my studying... i went through the USMLE practice CD (the one with the 3 blocks of 50 questions) and would like to know if these are well-representative of the actual USMLE questions... i got a 41, 42 and 42... where does that put me? i'd like to start chilling out a bit before the test so if anyone could help curb some of my anxieties, i'd be much appreciated...

wish me luck,
-b.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are doing well. I think i got an 89% or so a few days before the exam (to judge, i got about 2 sd's above the mean on the online released exams). I think you should try and focus on clinical presentations of diseases rather than the pathophys for the last few days. i will post my full experience on the long experience thread in the next day or so (i took it yesterday and am a little worn-out from the experience and the drinking).

for theposter above (grandmasterb).. could you tell me what the mean and standard deviation for those 3 sets of 50 questions were? i didnt do too hot on them, roughly 63% and i'm takin the test on friday, startin to freak out if 60% is a pass rate on the real test and i'm just right on the fence.

hey j-side. don't freak out. the test isnt detail oriented, it requires a clear head and focus more than anything else (my suggestion is to cover up the answer choices with your laminated board or your hand to avoid getting confused (i thought this was really helpful). this way you can come up with an answer before you read the answer choices. i am not sure what the sd etc is for the 150 questions, i was referring to the 200 question tests the nbme released online this year (for 45$ each).

Originally posted by brendang
with my exam on friday, i'd like to feel as though i'm in the consolidation phase of my studying... i went through the USMLE practice CD (the one with the 3 blocks of 50 questions) and would like to know if these are well-representative of the actual USMLE questions... i got a 41, 42 and 42... where does that put me? i'd like to start chilling out a bit before the test so if anyone could help curb some of my anxieties, i'd be much appreciated...

wish me luck,
-b.

I found the practice questions to be much easier than the real thing. The level of difficulty wasn't representative of the real exam, but the style of the questions were.