USMLE 220 decent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryanbeckworth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After reading a number of posts, I've begun to wonder if my score is going to be good enough for me second-tier programs. I am not interested in top-level programs, so my score being too low for them is not troubling. I am probably middle of my class, with above-average (if not very good) letters of rec. and no research experience.

TIA,

RB

Members don't see this ad.

Ryan:

I had a score that was around that and I was able to interview at pretty much any program around. Make sure your application is well rounded and that you have some good letters of rec. But that shouldn't keep you out of anywhere.

Good Luck

Ca. Dreamin'

It's anesthesia... in spite of what you've seen in this forum, it's simply not terribly competitive as long as you are geographically flexible and have MD behind your name. Check the IMG % for each specialty in the 2001, 2,& 3 matches! Relax, you've got a 220 which is good... Apply where you want to go, not to where you can get in. Have a couple of sure things and see what happens.

I also was wondering what my chances were....I got a 215 on step 1. I did in the upper quartile of my class for the 1st two years. do i need research and other extra-currics to be able to be competitive for a spot?

I know this question has been rehashed over and over, but any help would be great, particularly what else i should be doing in my 3rd year.

Thanks =)