USMLE Cancelled, COMLEX Still on, take the loss?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osteosaur

I eat the whole patient
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Found out my USMLE was cancelled today, like many people in my class, with nothing available in the region until August. I'm pretty bummed. Just started to really hit 80s in UWorld and was doing a lot better on the last NBME and UWSA2 I just took.

I've still got COMLEX in 3 weeks. I guess my question is: Do I reschedule for august and plan to take it during rotations? Or do I just, I don't know, truck on with just a COMLEX score? I just can't imagine preparing well or continuing to study this stuff all through rotations. Its eating me up pretty bad now. No guarantee as far as I know that my school will give time off from rotations to prepare.

I'm sure a lot of folks are going through this now. I haven't really heard much about what other DO students are planning to do in this situation. I'm not really set on a specialty yet.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I rescheduled my USMLE for August and figured out a plan to continue studying until then. I also built in days off to save my mental sanity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using SDN mobile

Are you guys checking Prometric every day?

I know this was a week+ ago, but check every day. Seriously. I ended up rescheduling both of my tests after my COMLEX got cancelled, I moved it to August, I moved it again to early June, and I’m finally settled the week after I was supposed to take it originally, and I bumped USMLE back one week to my same week as my COMLEX.

It looks like everybody is cancelling and moving their tests all the time down here. Every time I log on I see something different. Most times it’s nothing available, but I’d say about every third day I logged on I’d see one or two random spots open, and eventually with enough persistence I got dates that I wanted.

Hopefully those don’t get cancelled.

Found out my USMLE was cancelled today, like many people in my class, with nothing available in the region until August. I'm pretty bummed. Just started to really hit 80s in UWorld and was doing a lot better on the last NBME and UWSA2 I just took.

I've still got COMLEX in 3 weeks. I guess my question is: Do I reschedule for august and plan to take it during rotations? Or do I just, I don't know, truck on with just a COMLEX score? I just can't imagine preparing well or continuing to study this stuff all through rotations. Its eating me up pretty bad now. No guarantee as far as I know that my school will give time off from rotations to prepare.

I'm sure a lot of folks are going through this now. I haven't really heard much about what other DO students are planning to do in this situation. I'm not really set on a specialty yet.
Same exact thing happened to me. I took the loss. The NBME refunded the exam fee. I spoke to a few of my profs about it and they said that residency program directors are better able to interpret a COMLEX score compared to previous years. Also, there's always step 2 you can take. For me, it was nice seeing that $600 back in the bank.

Appreciate the support from everyone. Funnily enough, I found an earlier date for USMLE and my COMLEX got bumped into rotations (school is willing to give flex time for COMLEX).

I was able to get my USMLE date fixed by aggressively checking prometric. I am just taking a vacation now and will brush up 2 weeks before. I am not dying on this hill.

Same exact thing happened to me. I took the loss. The NBME refunded the exam fee. I spoke to a few of my profs about it and they said that residency program directors are better able to interpret a COMLEX score compared to previous years. Also, there's always step 2 you can take. For me, it was nice seeing that $600 back in the bank.

I would have done the same. I am okay with primary care and I just want to move on from this nonsense.