USMLE exam for IMG and US graduates different?

Started by dixon476
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dixon476

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

Recently I was told by a friend in USA, that the USMLE exams for US graduates are not conducted in Prometric centers. Is this true? Is the exam for US graduates lasting 8 hours in a single day at their universities? Or the exam is conducted on 2 days?

Sincerely,

Dr.Dixon
 
141 viewers and no reply ! I wonder whether I made a mistake by starting the thread in the Canada section. Should I re-post it in the US section of the forum ?

Sincerely,

Dixon
 
Um you were misinformed.

Everyone takes it at a prometric center (AMG/IMG/XMG etc.). In the same exact format. Nothing different.

CS is taken at the 5 centres in the US of A.

Step 3 is only administered at prometric sites within the USA.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Um you were misinformed.

Everyone takes it at a prometric center (AMG/IMG/XMG etc.). In the same exact format. Nothing different.

CS is taken at the 5 centres in the US of A.

Step 3 is only administered at prometric sites within the USA.

My friend was speaking about Step 1 USMLE.