Step I USMLE Help! I used all resources but still feel the question is like alien language

Started by ShowMaker
Tags Tags
usmle 1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ShowMaker

New Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
I have been preparing for USMLE Step 1 for 5 months now.

I have completed First Aid 4 times, NBME x 8, Pathoma x 1, UWorld x 1, Goljan x 1. Sketchy Micro, Brenner's

I have improved from 48% to 70%. But I still feel a lot of the questions are not covered in those resources.

What should I do to improve the Pathology? Especially the histology part of the pathology.

I have learned those key word in patho-histology findings in FA and Goljan. But I still feel a lot of questions I'm seeing are like alien language, things that are not covered in above
 
If you're studying for 5 months and things are still foreign to you that means you're studying wrong. No one needs 5 months to study for STEP1. First off you have too many resources so cut it back to FA, Uworld and the NBMEs. If you know those resources back and forth then you should be fine. Also with Uworld you should be taking time to actually read the answers and explanations not just memorizing answers. The test as much as it tests knowledge also tests reasoning. You're not gonna know everything but as long as you can reason it to 1 or 2 possible right answers you have a good chance of choosing the correct answer.