USMLE - Official 2017 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jesus1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there's no thread for the 2017 Step 2 CK, I figured I'd go ahead and create one. Happy new year in Step 2 CK land.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Okay, I have a weird question...

My step 1 score report was available till September 6th.

It went away and... SHOWED UP AGAIN TODAY and will be available till May 2018.

Why did it happen? Does it mean anything? Like a Step 2 CK failure, so they put it up or something?
Chillax. You got 243s on UWSAs. You will get +/-5 points of that.

I came out feeling destroyed. Maybe worse than you felt. Turned out fine. Not because I did fine, but because I did alright compared to others. So if you scores 243s on UWSAs then you are alittle above average and will score accordingly.

Reactions: 1 users
I am scared s**tless right now. I got off early from my REI rotation today and have been trying to keep my mind occupied but that hasn't worked. I would have worked on my ERAS stuff but I finished all that stuff like 2 weeks ago so I literally have nothing to do. This is complete torture.

I am scared s**tless right now. I got off early from my REI rotation today and have been trying to keep my mind occupied but that hasn't worked. I would have worked on my ERAS stuff but I finished all that stuff like 2 weeks ago so I literally have nothing to do. This is complete torture.

I am just tryin to not think about it. Eventhough my last two practice exams
were between 235-243. I am scared nevertheless. Eventhough they say 9am-11am usually EST, I got my CS scores by 7:30 am .

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy hour + quesadillas my friend.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I am just tryin to not think about it. Eventhough my last two practice exams
were between 235-243. I am scared nevertheless. Eventhough they say 9am-11am usually EST, I got my CS scores by 7:30 am .

Man, those are pretty solid assessment scores. I actually received my CS score at 4:20pm EST; needless to say I was shocked they would send out the score that late.

Last time FMGs got their scores earlier than everyone else. American grads got theirs at or before 11am EST

I know, right?
It obviously had to happen 1 day before I get my scores. Like I'm not freaked out enough :/
Joanna same thing has happened with me! After seeing your post, I thought let me just check mine and now even my step 1 score report has appeared and it expires in July 2018.. I'm petrified now!!!

Joanna same thing has happened with me! After seeing your post, I thought let me just check mine and now even my step 1 score report has appeared and it expires in July 2018.. I'm petrified now!!!

When did you take Step 1?

Chillax. You got 243s on UWSAs. You will get +/-5 points of that.

I came out feeling destroyed. Maybe worse than you felt. Turned out fine. Not because I did fine, but because I did alright compared to others. So if you scores 243s on UWSAs then you are alittle above average and will score accordingly.

How did you feel the curve was like compared to UWSA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know, right? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. Got results on May 18th and it looks like they made my report available till May 2018.

This is so weird.
I initially thought the score report remains available for 6 months. The score report appearing today is just scary. Let's hope it means nothing!

I initially thought the score report remains available for 6 months. The score report appearing today is just scary. Let's hope it means nothing!

Mine was avail till September 6th. It went away and came back. WTF
Maybe it's because we are IMGs? I don't know.

Guys when i upload my PS to eras it's less than a page is that ok? I have almost 700 words 4000 characters. Is that too short? I don't have much guidance from my school nor upper classmen or colleagues and would appreciate the help please. I read online 700 words is good and on word the length is slightly more than a page but when I preview it on eras there's a lot of empty space under the PS and it doesn't fill the whole page!!!! It's 5 paragraphs. I said what I needed to say. Is it going to be okay?

Guys when i upload my PS to eras it's less than a page is that ok? I have almost 700 words 4000 characters. Is that too short? I don't have much guidance from my school nor upper classmen or colleagues and would appreciate the help please. I read online 700 words is good and on word the length is slightly more than a page but when I preview it on eras there's a lot of empty space under the PS and it doesn't fill the whole page!!!! It's 5 paragraphs. I said what I needed to say. Is it going to be okay?

Mine was 600 words and I feel totally fine about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What time are we expecting scores to come out again?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Usually for the most part between 9am-11am EST but for few it came out later in the afternoon but that's not common. So expect it anytime in the next 2 hrs.

I was hoping that atleast someone would start getting their scores by now.. this is a little strange.

My friends who got their scores during late spring ended up receiving their scores around 10:50am so just have to be patient.

I think the people who hear early usually get their score through their school? But I could be wrong. We also have a much smaller sample size this week.

This is my theory based of what i have seen and read about in different forums. When the permit disappears the sunday before the Wed score release that means you should be expecting it that week but again there may be exceptions but haven't seen one unless their permit disappeared before the Sunday.

I want to know but at the same time I don't want to know. I'm scared to death. Tossed and turned all night.

Reactions: 4 users
I didn't receive yet. I'm a bit surprised cuz I had got my step1 and CS score before 9 AM EST!!

Dont worry, but i know it sucks to keep refreshing the page. Not a great feeling. As i mentioned earlier some of my friends got it around 10:53 and 10:58 am haha they all remembered the time when the email notification was sent. So wouldn't worry too much. And moreover, no one here has gotten it yet .

Dont worry, but i know it sucks to keep refreshing the page. Not a great feeling. As i mentioned earlier some of my friends got it around 10:53 and 10:58 am haha they all remembered the time when the email notification was sent. So wouldn't worry too much. And moreover, no one here has gotten it yet .
Hmmm true.. may be we just need to wait a bit longer. I'm gonna get another cup of coffee, need a little de-stress:):)ha ha..

Reactions: 2 users