ddssmile

5+ Year Member
May 28, 2009
Status
Dentist
hi,
my sister is planning to take usmle step 1 in june/july.how much time is needed to prepare for exam?she has enrolled online for usmle course for 2 months.is that helpful.advice needed.thanks

tideleonheart

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm sure if you browse this forum for a few minutes, you'll start seeing the huge variety in the ways people study. Some people study for 2-3 weeks, some people study for 2-3 months. The way you study is dependent on so many factors, and there is NO 1-size-fits-all. I'm sure if your sister is in a US med school, they will prepare her well and you don't need to worry about anything.

ddssmile

5+ Year Member
May 28, 2009
Status
Dentist
my sister is in India,just finished med school.She is planning to come to US in Sep.She wants to take step 1 in july.

Phur

7+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It really depends on a person's background. I have friends who could probably pull 260 before they're even done with classes, while others who will study for months and barely pass. It's highly individualized. Have her do a practice exam and then go from there. No one here knows how well she was prepared.

ddssmile

5+ Year Member
May 28, 2009
Status
Dentist
she has some materials to study,but really confused from where to start.doing practice exams would be a great start i guess