You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step III USMLE Step 3 score after 1/16/17
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just looked at the site and now it says 5/25... I took mine early March and no results
That was an older bulletin I think. The most recent bulletin says 5/10.
And this delay is definitely adding on to my anxiety. I just want the score already so I can apply to vacant residency positions and have a job again.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This morning I checked my FSMB and it changed from active status to expired as below:
No link to reapply. And permit no longer accessible on candidate website. According to lots of other forums maybe I passed if no link? I hope so, that would also mean maybe the score is coming a week early - so maybe May 3? Also, the status changed one day before my eligibility was actually over.
- Status:
Expired - Name:
-------- - Submit Date:
Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - Eligibility Start Date:
Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - Eligibility Expiration Date:
Sunday, April 30, 2017
No link to reapply. And permit no longer accessible on candidate website. According to lots of other forums maybe I passed if no link? I hope so, that would also mean maybe the score is coming a week early - so maybe May 3? Also, the status changed one day before my eligibility was actually over.
This morning I checked my FSMB and it changed from active status to expired as below:
Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience.
- Status:
Expired- Name:
--------- Submit Date:
Wednesday, February 01, 2017- Eligibility Start Date:
Wednesday, February 01, 2017- Eligibility Expiration Date:
Sunday, April 30, 2017
No link to reapply. And permit no longer accessible on candidate website. According to lots of other forums maybe I passed if no link? I hope so, that would also mean maybe the score is coming a week early - so maybe May 3? Also, the status changed one day before my eligibility was actually over.
Just checked, and I've got the same thing. Fingers crossed, buddy!
Mine says the same thing (no link to reapply). I've seen other boards with rumors that this is a "trick" to see if you passed, but have you seen anyone posting who had a link to reapply and found out they failed? (just nervous and would be great if the "trick" were true!)
This morning I checked my FSMB and it changed from active status to expired as below:
Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience.
- Status:
Expired- Name:
--------- Submit Date:
Wednesday, February 01, 2017- Eligibility Start Date:
Wednesday, February 01, 2017- Eligibility Expiration Date:
Sunday, April 30, 2017
No link to reapply. And permit no longer accessible on candidate website. According to lots of other forums maybe I passed if no link? I hope so, that would also mean maybe the score is coming a week early - so maybe May 3? Also, the status changed one day before my eligibility was actually over.
I got the same thing and don't have a link to reapply! The trick was working in December so hopefully nothing has changed lol
Mine says the same thing (no link to reapply). I've seen other boards with rumors that this is a "trick" to see if you passed, but have you seen anyone posting who had a link to reapply and found out they failed? (just nervous and would be great if the "trick" were true!)
Yea I've read on these forums of people who have had the link and did not pass.
Yea I've read on these forums of people who have had the link and did not pass.
All I found was one person who failed it, re-took it and passed but got mixed up about seeing the link or something. Either way, I hope it's real. I'm done with this anxiety.
All I found was one person who failed it, re-took it and passed but got mixed up about seeing the link or something. Either way, I hope it's real. I'm done with this anxiety.
This is the only person I've after scouring a few past years posts of someone who claimed they didn't have a link but still failed.
Attachments
I took mine early April and it still says approved? anyone else?
I took mine early April and it still says approved? anyone else?
Took mine april 12 and 13
Took my exam april 7 and 9. It still says APPROVED, no link for reapply so far.I took mine early April and it still says approved? anyone else?
Ok cool , yeah I guess some people just have to wait . Man just want to be done with this and never think about usmle again.
Hi Guys, I enter today FSMB website and it change to expired. No link to reapply and permit not longer available. Let's hope for the best!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is the only person I've after scouring a few past years posts of someone who claimed they didn't have a link but still failed.
Yes I also found this posting. I have been searching the USMLE Forum boards as well, there were some people in early 2016 that did have a link and failed (at least 2 people). If anyone for the current cycle (since Jan 2017) received the expired message and also a link let us know. (Possibly no one gets a link now)
Yup mine expired and no link. Does this mean results this week ?
My status is expired. No link in the one, it just shows my eligibility period, and my extension. No other information contained on the page.
Yup mine expired and no link. Does this mean results this week ?
Yea I think so. There was a 2015 thread on USMLE forum and said 12 am Wednesday morning people were getting scores if the permit was gone on the nbme site and you status was expired on the fsmb site
In fsmb website! Instead of approved it should say expired.I do not see a link for the permit...where are you checking for status showing expired?? i do not see expired. :\
glad it'll be 5/3 now. So on a forum at usmle-forum.com there is a girl claiming she knows someone who took it late March this year and she has the link to reapply ---- so anyway.
glad it'll be 5/3 now. So on a forum at usmle-forum.com there is a girl claiming she knows someone who took it late March this year and she has the link to reapply ---- so anyway.
Do you have a link? I couldn't find it on the site.
Available Services
Check Exam Status Track the progress of your registration, starting with the date we receive your application and ending with your score report date.
Register for Practice Exam Applicants with an active permit for Step 3 can register for a test session at a test center.
View Personal Info Check the information we have in our records for you, e.g. your name, address. If the information is not current, links to forms or emails are provided for making the changes.
Print Name Change Form Change your name in FSMB records.
Change Contact Info Change your address, phone number and email address.
Change Password Change your password for accessing this system.
That is what I see on my FSMB candidate site...
That is what I see on my FSMB candidate site...
sorry I put hyphen in it : Anyone status change - USMLE Forum
When I log into fsmb it says my status is complete. I am not seeing a link to reapply but am I looking in the wrong spot? Nothing says expired either....Fsmb.org right? Sorry I'm just so confused....I click check exam status and it says complete but gives me no other info..... I just want to make sure I'm going to the right website.... if someone could help me I would be so grateful.... thanks
I am seeing what exudate is seeing. I click on check exam status. It says complete. No reapply link. But nothing is labelled as expired either. Please help me better understand this.....
1. Log into step 3 candidate website:
https://apps.nbme.org/fsmbexamstatus/prod/jsp/login.jsp
If your scheduling permit is still there, you won't get results this week. You have to wait until it disappears
2. If permit is gone, log into fsmb website: Federation of State Medical Boards
Then click home at the top. Should bring you to a page that has a heading saying licensure. Click USMLE under that heading. You should then see links to "register, obtain, apply, etc". Click the picture that says USMLE. Should come to a page asking for a username and password. Type in whatever you used to register. It says application status. This is where you either see expired or approved. Expired and no link is supposed to mean pass. If it says approved, this doesn't mean anything. You have to wait until it says expired to not see or see a link to reapply
Hope this helps
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May not mean that for sure. Does your status say "expired" now? Where is the link listed?Thanks for your help. I have a link to reapply so that prob means I failed unfortunately
May not mean that for sure. Does your status say "expired" now? Where is the link listed?
It says expired. And the link is at the bottom and it lets me go all the way through and pay. I don't see why it would give me the option to do that unless I failed
Don't give up hope. I have searched many forums over the last few days and it seems that some people have no link and fail and some people have had a link and passed. So the "trick" is not 100% accurate. After all my research on the "trick", I'm not sure that it really works (some people have also directly contacted the FSMB about it -- and they say it doesn't)It says expired. And the link is at the bottom and it lets me go all the way through and pay. I don't see why it would give me the option to do that unless I failed
I've only found one instance that someone claimed the trick didn't work. There are many more claims of having a link and failing.
And FSMB when you call them literally will tell you nothing. I have called them twice leading up to these results. I didn't ask about the link thing, because no **** they're not gonna tell you about that true or false. But I called them yesterday and they wouldn't even tell me that the score was coming out tomorrow. Literally she was like a robot just saying " just look for the email to say when scores are available "
And FSMB when you call them literally will tell you nothing. I have called them twice leading up to these results. I didn't ask about the link thing, because no **** they're not gonna tell you about that true or false. But I called them yesterday and they wouldn't even tell me that the score was coming out tomorrow. Literally she was like a robot just saying " just look for the email to say when scores are available "
@Alexa248 sorry if the trick turns out to be true for you. what dates did you take the exam?
I've only found one instance that someone claimed the trick didn't work. There are many more claims of having a link and failing.
Yea I think that lostin_space dude was trolling because he has posted a lot about the test in other non step 3 forums. Almost as if he is looking for attention. There are many cases of saying the trick does work but just wait for midnight tonight to know for sure
Yea I think that lostin_space dude was trolling because he has posted a lot about the test in other non step 3 forums. Almost as if he is looking for attention. There are many cases of saying the trick does work but just wait for midnight tonight to know for sure
yea seems to be at theme on here some @stewartln4
@Alexa248 I hate to ask you to do this but for future SDN peeps, could you screen shot what your page looks like with the link? Just so people will quit acting so confused maybe if they see what it might appear like.
@Alexa248 I hate to ask you to do this but for future SDN peeps, could you screen shot what your page looks like with the link? Just so people will quit acting so confused maybe if they see what it might appear like.
yea seems to be at theme on here some @stewartln4
@Alexa248 I hate to ask you to do this but for future SDN peeps, could you screen shot what your page looks like with the link? Just so people will quit acting so confused maybe if they see what it might appear like.
Yea I just went back and tried to find anywhere it didn't work. It's been working up until December 2016 so I don't see why it would change now. Hope it all just works out in our favor. I CANNOT take that test again
Are we talking 12 AM eastern?
Also which website do they get posted to? The nbme one?
Also which website do they get posted to? The nbme one?
I would bet it will be 12, noon on 5/3. And should be posted to the NMBE page.Are we talking 12 AM eastern?
Also which website do they get posted to? The nbme one?
I would bet it will be 12, noon on 5/3. And should be posted to the NMBE page.
No, 12 am midnight eastern standard time. It's 11 pm here CST or 12 EST and my score report is there. The trick works!!!! I passed!!!! Goodbye USMLE forever
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I passed goodbye USMLE!!!
I'm so happy... The trick works!!!!
I'm so happy... The trick works!!!!
The trick worked! I passed! Adios USMLE!!!!
I passed as well!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!! I'm working nights currently - I"ve already pre-planned mimosas for my morning breakfast. Bye bye USMLE forever!! I've been wanting to type that for so long! ha
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 242
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 821