USMLE Transcript question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funkymonkey0987

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have started my application and intend to submit on or before September 15 (I understand that all applications are time-stamped as Sept 15 regardless of when you submit).
Regarding the transcript from USMLE, I have already authorized and assigned to the schools. If I was to submit on September 15, would my application be delayed waiting for the transcript to be sent? Would this process be faster if I submitted my application earlier to have the transcript sent sooner or does that not matter at all? I already have results back for Step 1, Step 2 CK and CS.

tl;dr-- will my application be delayed to programs if I submit September 15 and the USMLE transcript is not sent until later?

I could not find the answer to this specific question on the ERAS user guide, I apologize if it was somewhere and I just missed it! Thank you for reading this, I appreciate any help.

Members don't see this ad.

No. Your app is available to programs as soon as you submit (or 9/15, whichever is later). Your USMLE transcript will be available almost immediately. Nothing to worry about here.

Reactions: 1 user