USMLE WORLD for Step 2 question on Redo-ing incorrects

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daseib

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all, wanted to know if anyone knows a way to redo missed questions on USMLE World step 2 CK (wait for it...) so as to not having to keep redoing the same questions again and again.

For example, say i missed 67 questions in cardio and 61 questions in preventative med.... but i want to take a block of 46 with each topic mixed in the block.... that means that out of a possible 128 questions i will get 46. So after that i want to do a 2nd block of 46 to redo some of the other 82 that i have already missed once (but not redone) and not have to repeat any of the prior redone 46. So, is there a way to keep out the first redo block of 46 or will they be mixed in? (they only allow a max of 46 at a time or i would just do a big block of 128 with many bathroom breaks in between!)

I hope i havent confused you all as much as i have confused myself in typing this!!! I basically do not want to have to do 46 in cardio alone and then another 46 and another 46 hoping that by the end of 4 blocks that i have hit all 67 missed cardio questions- it will be such a waste of time! Maybe I am missing something that is staring me right in the face since i have been up since 7 studying for this beast!
thanks all

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah... I know what you mean. Kaplan QBank is the same way. I can't help you, though. Just wanted to share in your frustration.

This isn't the most helpful post because I really don't know how to do it (I don't think you can, at least on the Step 1 bank) but can you unmark all the questions from that subject and then start marking only the questions you miss from the questions you are redoing? Then you could just make blocks using marked questions. It's not ideal, but at least then you wouldn't have to answer some questions 3 or 4 times before you redo every question.

Members don't see this ad :)
heres my trick which worked fairly well. Mark ALL questions you do (its obviously harder to do if you've already gone through a large chunk of the question bank). Then when you're done, continue only with the marked questions. You however lose the ability to cover only the questions that you thought were challenging and had a good point but it allows for a second run through.

edit: sorry, i thought you wanted to redo all questions. i think its a little harder to only pick the incorrect ones and then going back to get it to weed out the others in a random order. But i still think marking the questions during your review is the best way to approach that. if you only mark your incorrect ones, the second time around when you attempt them, they get unmarked and thus removed from the pool of marked questions

Last edited:
If I am understanding you correctly, then you should just do this...

just create as many tests as you have Q's remaining to do. all at one time. you suspend each test after you create it, then go create another test...then suspend it. If you do it this way, you will get tests that have 46 Q, 46Q, 36Q. All questions that you have done once and missed. Then you can just go back in and do the tests at your leisure.

If I am understanding you correctly, then you should just do this...

just create as many tests as you have Q's remaining to do. all at one time. you suspend each test after you create it, then go create another test...then suspend it. If you do it this way, you will get tests that have 46 Q, 46Q, 36Q. All questions that you have done once and missed. Then you can just go back in and do the tests at your leisure.

I haven't tried this, but if it's true...then I have underestimated your sneakiness.