USMLE World, QBook, and Kaplan Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Just Applied

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whatsup Everyone,

I have been trying to do a search on this topic and have not found anything substantial. I am currently reading a few books for the Shelf exams but not relatively through. The last 4 weeks before the exam I am hitting the questions hard on World, QBank and QBook. This strategy really helped me for the step 1. I want to continue doing this for the rest of third year.

Has anyone else ever tried this and failed miserably? Or is it a pretty good way to go about these shelf exams?

-K

Members don't see this ad.

Whatsup Everyone,

I have been trying to do a search on this topic and have not found anything substantial. I am currently reading a few books for the Shelf exams but not relatively through. The last 4 weeks before the exam I am hitting the questions hard on World, QBank and QBook. This strategy really helped me for the step 1. I want to continue doing this for the rest of third year.

Has anyone else ever tried this and failed miserably? Or is it a pretty good way to go about these shelf exams?

-K

I used World and QBook for the Peds shelf, and it was def more reflective of the questions than Pretest, for sure. Im currently employing the same strategy for OB, lets see how it goes...

I used World and QBook for the Peds shelf, and it was def more reflective of the questions than Pretest, for sure. Im currently employing the same strategy for OB, lets see how it goes...

I didn't know this was an option for shelf exams. I'll have to remember that next semester when I have the peds and medicine shelves. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've used USMLEWorld for fam med and psych, has been excellent so far for me.

I used USMLE World for Step II and Kaplan's Step 2 Qbook for surgery and it worked very well. Plan on using them all year now.

M