USMLE World Scores and Step II Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmh14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Probably been discussed before, but can't find a recent thread....

I'm just curious about what scores people were getting on USMLE World, and then how you ended up doing on Step 2.

All you have to do is post two numbers...... :)

Thanks folks, and good luck with everything!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats airplaneboy. If you don't mind me asking, how did you do on shelf exams? I'm asking b/c I had a similar step 1 score as you and I also plan to take a year off and will have ~ 1 month to study. Thanks.

hey Jpinsky and coastie...how'd you guys end up doing? i'm studyin now, and i feel like i am at the same level as you guys, so it'd be good to know how it all turned out for you...

As for me, I got a 99 on step 1 and just took the nbme (part 3, b/c i clicked on the wrong one by accident), and i got a projected score of 192. what the heck? someone prescribe me a ssri. was it just me but are these nbme things harder than world?! if i have to hear about one more agammaglobuniemia/chediack-higashi/pompes disease..ahh! i knew i shouldn't have burned my first aid for step 1 book!

any hope to turn the 192 inside out to match my step 1?

WOOHOO!!! I took the exam on Aug. 5th and got my scores back today.

Step 1: 207
NBME 1: 227 (2 wks before)
NBME 2: 229 (1 wk before)
Step 2: 237

I am absolutely stoked! I suck at these exams. But it all worked out. About 3 weeks of straight studying + moving back to the states from Australia. Before that I studied after I got home from the hospital for about a month. UW was going well for the first half. I worked up from 52%-ish at the beginning to about 60% total about 60% through all of UW. I then started getting scores in the 70's with a couple in the 80%s which brought my cumulative up to 65%. I couldn't believe it. THEN, in the last 30% of UW, I started getting scores in low 50's with one 45% and a 38% :eek: . Talk about humbling. Anyway, finished off getting scores in the low 60's with an avg of 62% at the end of it all. I read Crush and FA before I started UW. I tried to do some B&W while doing UW but only got a third thru it. Not really my style. A few days before the exam I started doing some sections in UW that I did really bad in. I think it probably helped. Plus, I couldn't think of what else to do. I hope this helps for those of us who really aren't good at these exams. I am notorious for this but it worked out. Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
WOOHOO!!! I took the exam on Aug. 5th and got my scores back today.

Step 1: 207
NBME 1: 227 (2 wks before)
NBME 2: 229 (1 wk before)
Step 2: 237

That's awesome. Don't you feel totally vindicated? I had very similar scores to yours on both exams. I was like, "YES! I KNEW I wasn't an idiot!"

I started screaming and running around my house like a maniac when I got my scores. I think the neighbors thought I was being attacked. ;)

Anyone take it on August 7th and get their scores back? Also, when I check my account on the USMLE site it says that the "actual score report" was 8/30/2006. Does that mean that my scores were sent out?

Anyone take it on August 7th and get their scores back? Also, when I check my account on the USMLE site it says that the "actual score report" was 8/30/2006. Does that mean that my scores were sent out?

If it says actual score report and a date, that means it was released. Check your mail, and if you're really anxious, which you undoubtedly are, call your school, they should have it. Good luck!

sscooterguy

hey Jpinsky and coastie...how'd you guys end up doing? i'm studyin now, and i feel like i am at the same level as you guys, so it'd be good to know how it all turned out for you...

As for me, I got a 99 on step 1 and just took the nbme (part 3, b/c i clicked on the wrong one by accident), and i got a projected score of 192. what the heck? someone prescribe me a ssri. was it just me but are these nbme things harder than world?! if i have to hear about one more agammaglobuniemia/chediack-higashi/pompes disease..ahh! i knew i shouldn't have burned my first aid for step 1 book!

any hope to turn the 192 inside out to match my step 1?

I'll let you know in 2 weeks when i get my scores back.....feel decent about it even though i only got a 204 NBME pred 1 week before exam.....my advice as of now (could change when scores come back): NBME exams are WORTHLESS for step 2.....i felt as if i knew nothing on the nbme practice.....the real thing i felt was much more straightforward and i felt like i was confident about 75% of questions. We'll see. When do you take it? If you got a 99 on step I and you were breathing throughout year 3.....you will come close to that on step 2 if you study.....dont sweat the NBMEs. good luck.

Hi Quinn,

So my shelf percentiles were...psych 47, medicine 79, OB 86, surgery 99, peds 53. Studying hard for shelfs helps in that it makes studying for Step 2 more like a review. There were questions on some topics that I hadn't covered during the year (optho, EM) that came up on my exam. But USMLE World does a good job of covering those. It sounds like you should do good on Step 2 as well. Enjoy your year off and good luck.

hey guys i'm studying for the exam now and s/p horrible experience with nbme exam (192!), i am a little bit worried! for those of you who took the exam, what do you think is more defining/characteristic of the actual type of q's on the real exam: the nbme or UW? to me, nbme seemed less straightfoward that i was hoping for/a LOT of guesswork involved. please help!! i keep hearing that UW is soo helpful, but i'm still too cautious to put all my faith in it! is it too good to be true?

hey guys i'm studying for the exam now and s/p horrible experience with nbme exam (192!), i am a little bit worried! for those of you who took the exam, what do you think is more defining/characteristic of the actual type of q's on the real exam: the nbme or UW? to me, nbme seemed less straightfoward that i was hoping for/a LOT of guesswork involved. please help!! i keep hearing that UW is soo helpful, but i'm still too cautious to put all my faith in it! is it too good to be true?

Honestly, I thought NBME was much more like the exam than UW. That said, UW was very helpful but sort of different from the real deal. My NBMEs were 10 and 8 points below my real score 2.5 and 1 week before, respectively. If you are pretty close to the exam, then I would decide what to do based on what score you need. Good luck.

Hi all,

This site was sometimes helpful as to how to gage things... don't know if this is any help to anyone but...

Usmle world ave 57% mostly tutor/non timed
Kaplan ave 66%
my USMLE step 1 218
my USMLE step 2 216 (just got the results today)

The actual test was very much like the shelf exams... far more so than UW or Kaplan, both of which are decent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looked at this thread a lot so here is my experience:

step I = 229
step II = 246

USMLE World = 65% all untimed, tutor mode
NBME 1 = 241 - 2 wk out
NBME 2 = 243 - 1 wk out
NBME 3 = 239 - .5 wk out

Studied for 4 weeks while on a rotation (part time) and 2 weeks full-time. Did not use any books, just USMLE World. Studied hard and did well on all my shelf exams.

Actual NBME tests were much easier (especialy 1 and 2) than the real thing. My test was probably harder than USMLE World. Felt like when I first started going through USMLE World and I didnt know that much. I knew I had a hard version of the test from the beginning sections. So dont feel too ****ty if you got/get the hard test... it is curved fair.

Well, this forum was tremendously helpful when I was studying....so here's my info.

Step 1 223
Step 2 239

NBME 1 1wk before test 229
UW 59% one time through

UW was awesome, and though people bash it, First Aid to me was money. After my test, I neurotically looked up answers to questions, and sure enough- the answer was ALWAYS in First Aid.

Thanks to everyone who's posted...good luck in the Match!:thumbup:

I knew I had a hard version of the test from the beginning sections. So dont feel too ****ty if you got/get the hard test... it is curved fair.
The USMLE website does give the range of 60-70% of Qs correct needed to pass, so for a relatively difficult exam like yours, it might have been closer to 60%...so I guess you are right in that there is such a thing as a "curve".

Found out my score today, pretty pumped. As always, advice on this site was helpful.

Step 1: 251
Step 2: 256

Studied for 3 weeks. Did ~1100 UW ?s w/an average of ~72%. Those ?s were the single best thing I did. I also used B&W which I read about 3 times over the course of 3rd year, thought it was a great reference. Can't emphasize how important I think it is to read during the entire year leading up to the test, not just cramming in the month before.

Good luck to everyone still to take it. Good luck to my fellow 4th years applying to residencies.

The USMLE website does give the range of 60-70% of Qs correct needed to pass, so for a relatively difficult exam like yours, it might have been closer to 60%...so I guess you are right in that there is such a thing as a "curve".

I thought it said 50-60% was "competitive". I thought this was a bit of an overstatement with my personal thought being overall avg on UW 50% you can be pretty assured you passed and 60% being 215-225. Just my thoughts but I was pretty sure they didn't say 60-70% to pass.

I still have 7 weeks to go and on UW, I'm consistenly getting 57% on 46 q untimed mode. I got 57% on the last 6 full exams of 46q's. I know I have alot of time to go before I take the exam, but are my scores a little on the low side compared to others with decent CK scores? Some of the questions are really challenging, I hope I can improve to a consistent 65%.

I thought it said 50-60% was "competitive". I thought this was a bit of an overstatement with my personal thought being overall avg on UW 50% you can be pretty assured you passed and 60% being 215-225. Just my thoughts but I was pretty sure they didn't say 60-70% to pass.
The 60-70% I was referring to is for the actual USMLE exam, as stated on usmle.org.

You are correct that UW says 50-60% on it's Qbank is competitive, though I'd personally have to disagree that 50% will assure one of passing...I had a 50% avg on UW last yr and ended up w/ a 179 on the exam, which is not quite passing.

Got scores back today...

Step 1: 243
UW: 64% (did the whole thing, mainly in timed mode)
Step 2: 253

I studied for about eleven or 12 honest days (10-12 hours/d) during the end of a vacation month. I read all the UW answers after each block and took notes from them, compiling a 50+ page Word document. I read Crush once and read through about 2/3 of my UW notes before I ran out of time. I bought Qbook but didn't have time to use it. I came close to pushing back my exam...but I'm glad I didn't!

I thought UW was pretty darn similar to the scope of questions asked on the exam, except for the fact that UW uses many more "buzzwords" than the real thing. But overall very similar in difficulty, length, etc. I've heard some people say that the real thing had longer prompts than UW, but that wasn't the case for me.

I'm not sure what, if anything, Crush added. Wouldn't say it was bad...I think maybe it would be good to read through right before you start UW, just to get general concepts back into your head.

I think the biggest help for me was just being in the routine of sitting in front of a computer and cranking out hundreds of questions a day. Test day was just like another "day at the office," except I had to sign out with someone to go use the bathroom.

Scores are in...I really enjoyed the comments on usmleworld v. kaplan so here's my breakdown:
Step 1- studied using first aid and kaplan qbank, nbme 1 was 205, nbme 2 was 220, actual step one was 205
Step 2- studied using usmleworld and first aid, plus a few Blueprints (psych, medicine, obs/gyn, peds) and a review book available in Canada- Toronto Notes- which is used for preparing for the Canadian medical licensing exam (mainly the surgery portion is what I studied). nbme 1 was 213, usmleworld once through all questions untimed was 57%. actual step two was 237

I got about 55% on UW once through and I used that First Aid really plus a lot of hand written notes by me.

I was averaging low 200s on the NBME practice exams and I ended up getting a 216 on STEP II.

I'm not too excited about that....I did work hard and thought I'd do better, especially after doing well on my medicine shelf -- which was in March. ARGH!

At any rate, good luck to all. UW is pretty good.

I found this forum really useful when I was studying to gauge my USMLE World score/performance, so I'll add my scores for people to use:

USMLE World - 66%
Step 2 score - 261
Books used - First Aid, Step 2 Secrets

Good luck, everybody.

Took CK on 08/21, reported on 09/13, arrived in mail on 09/18.

USMLE 1 230
COMLEX 1 645 94%

USMLE 2 256
COMLEX 2 took the day after CK, not back yet.

UW 61% Last few blocks I was getting in the 70's. Near the end, I was still getting some scores in the 40's and 50's. Terrifying! Did the whole thing once. 1/3 untimed, 2/3 tutor mode, mostly blocks of 46. I liked tutor mode much better because I could go faster. I took notes in a word document as I did UW. Ended up with ~30 single-spaced pages which I reviewed twice before the test. VERY high-yield. UW was definitely the best resource.

NBME #2 (chose that one randomly) one week before the test: 239.

Read USMLE secrets twice, albeit half-heartedly. Read through B&W once, but it's a little dense to actually "read". Works best if you use it throughout the year.

Reviewed a few pages of high-yield stuff I had made for Step I

I had a weird dream a couple nights ago that I got a 235. In my dream, the scores were sent out in a weird way-- you had to report to your high school chemistry lab, and there was a 100mL flask with your name on it. Inside was some liquid and a test strip from a rapid strep kit floating in it. The two lines on the strip appeared at score levels marked on the flask. One guy only had one line, and he was worried, but it turned out he scored the same on both. I think I need to lay off the crack pipe. ;)

Very happy with my new and improved Step 2 score!

I had a weird dream a couple nights ago that I got a 235. In my dream, the scores were sent out in a weird way-- you had to report to your high school chemistry lab, and there was a 100mL flask with your name on it. Inside was some liquid and a test strip from a rapid strep kit floating in it. The two lines on the strip appeared at score levels marked on the flask. One guy only had one line, and he was worried, but it turned out he scored the same on both.

Very happy with my new and improved Step 2 score!

Dude, lay off the 'shrooms.:)

Nice job!!!

I had a weird dream a couple nights ago that I got a 235. In my dream, the scores were sent out in a weird way-- you had to report to your high school chemistry lab, and there was a 100mL flask with your name on it. Inside was some liquid and a test strip from a rapid strep kit floating in it. The two lines on the strip appeared at score levels marked on the flask. One guy only had one line, and he was worried, but it turned out he scored the same on both. I think I need to lay off the crack pipe. ;)

Something tells me you're a high strung person.

Took it 8/16. Score released 9/13, received score today 9/18 in mail.

Step 1: 187/76
Step 2: 232/94

I am super happy of course.

I studied for 23 days. Completed UW in 15 days with a score of 55% in timed/random mode. Read all answers, took notes and reviewed those almost daily. Read Crush twice and B/W twice. Then for the 5 days prior to the test, I reviewed many (~500) of marked/"extremely high yield" questions. Felt pretty confident during the first few blocks and then got hit hard in the middle blocks. I think reviewing old answers/explanations to high yield questions helped a lot and refreshed my memory since I finished the Qbank early. Did average on the shelf exams.

Thanks for the advice and good luck to those taking it soon!

Hey all, I took my exam a couple of days ago, but i've been too scared to write about it. here it goes:
first off, thanks to all who have helped out in this forum ..and to those i annoyed with my relentless q's!
I thought the exam was A LOT like usmle world.there were some q's that were straight out of there, and i mean A LOT!!! i thought the level of difficulty was very comparable to UWORLD, and not too much like the esoteric q's of the nbme. for the most part, the exam was very straightforward. the difficulty of the exam lies in the answer choices: i've seen this posted before by other test takers, and i have to agree that it is very difficult to eliminate choices on the real exam. that is, you REALLY have to know your stuff, b/c unlike UW where you definitely can rule out the wrong answer choices, it's not really possible on the real exam. i had a lot of bread and butter questions, and hardly any "out there" q's. i think the nbme exams tended to ask about rare diseases and in a way that no one could decipher what they're trying to ask. "i.e. a kid has a rash + fever + purple feet,,,what is the worst possible complication of this disease in the next 2 months?"...what the hell is that? as for the real thing, it gave you a CLEAR CUT description of what they wanted you to know, and then proceeded to ask you questions with MULTIPLE correct answers, but you had to pick the best choice. i also had a lot of psych, cardio, pulm on my exam, and a lot of step 1/pathophys crap...(what is the mechanism of disease process). NEURO!! neuro was big on this exam/where is the lesion crap.
overall, i'd say it went ok. there was a lot of guessing involved, b/c after all, many answer choices could have been correct, and it was hard to pick the best one. i've read here that having a more difficult exam can be in your favor in terms of the "curve" that people talk about...i hope that's not true b/c i walked out of that exam thinking it was do-able (vs my step 1 expeerience = walked out of there with my ass handed to me/no idea what just hit me). so, with that all said, here are my stats:
STEP 1: 246/99 (i'm not smart, i just studied very hard during the Basic Sc courses)
nbme for step 2CK (exam number 3/picked it by accident): 192 predicted !!
UsmleWorld: first 30% ALL tutor mode (avg around 56%), and then did 70% strictly in timed, random 46q mode. The last 450 or so q's were b/z 70 and 85%. Final UW avg: 64%, no repeats.
Step 2Ck predictor: according to my last 6 UW random, 46q sets which avg'd to 72%, i got a predicted 239.
Step 2ck: TBA! i'll let you know. i don't think i broke any records on this exam, nor do i honestly think I even broke my step 1 score (esp since i didn't study nearly as diligently during my 3rd yr). it's been a few days and i really don't know what to think anymore, but i keep telling myself that it's over and will not have to deal with another exam for a long, long, long time...
best of luck to all test takers, and all those on the interview trail.
I will keep you posted,
foodcoma

Hey food-

I've been using Kaplan materials and UW solely. I have been doing these UW questions. Do you think the content tested in UW was similar to the content in ur exam? I was thinking of going over UW answers and explanations and hopefully that will help me get an avg score. Not shooting for a great score.

Well, sounds like u improved. Congrats with getting it over with. GLuck.

Thait,
I cannot recommend a better source that UW. Honestly, I'm one of those people that relies very heavily on reading (I used Kaplan books and first aid only), and have confidence that the more you read, the more you know, and the better you will do. At least that is what happened on step 1. Step 1 is ALL proportional to the amount you read. However, i found step 2 to be an exam that makes you read between the lines and make associations between symptoms and disease processes that you can NEVER find in a book. For example, I had a question with a 30pack yr smoker, shortness of breath, etc. (makes you think of COPD right?)...well then they went on to say that their CXR had bilateral infiltrates and decreased chest expansion = restrictive disease/idiopathic fibrosis...it was a very subtle point, but these review books would not have taught you it. You have to believe me and have faith in what other people here are also posting: UW is the best resource for this exam. I thought that exam was manageable (which I neverrrrrrrr everrrr think about exams/actually makes me frightened that i thought this!) solely b/c of the UW questions. If i had to do it again, I would do world even a second time thru. There were quite a few q's where i was beating my head against the wall to remember what the answer on UW was since they were identical questions!! when i mean identical, i mean IDENTICAL!! also, doing uw gives you a better sense of instincts which comes very handy when you're like : uhhh what the HECK ARE THEY ASKING/TRYING TO DECIDED B/W 2 CHOICES (which was essentially the reason i guessed sooooo much). ok i don't know if what i'm saying is even making any sense..i'm soo burned out ...
please dont go by exactly what i say, but take everything you hear in stride. i may not end up doing well on this exam and i'll be hitting myself over and over again, Lesch-Nyhan mode. (self-mutilation, if you didn'tt get it).

OK, my turn has finally come.

UW - 30 blocks of 46 Qs, all timed, unused...
overall = 64%

Step 2 CK score = 221/90

I studied all the explanations thoroughly and took notes on my incorrect and marked answers. This and the Kaplan materials were my main resources. Even w/ the 64% on UW, I was still afraid I might fail the exam, because each previous attempt was always F, F, F... Not this time!

congrats, goldengate- had you taken it 3 times prior? well done- at least its over. and, great score.

polo

Took step-II yesterday. USMLEWorld was very similar in question length and type of questions asked, "next study", "likely pathogen", etc. I thought the answer choices yesterday were much friendlier. In U-world you'd have three similar answers but with the real thing there were a lot of q's where only one, maybe two answers, made the most sense. I wouldn't say it's an easy exam though. I felt pretty strong in the beginning but left the test center a bit dazed. I'll post a follow-up with what I used when my score comes back.

Got my Step-2 score back over the weekend. Took the exam on 8-12, score received 9-16.

Did about 70% of USMLE-World with an average around 62%. Also used Kaplan Q-book, Boards & Wards, Secrets with some Blueprints peds & ob/gyn thrown in.

Step-2: 236/96...I'll take it. Good luck everyone.

just got an email from my dean.... (took exam 9/1)

245/99

I am so incredibly happy. studied for about 4 weeks. mainly first aid and used secrets for a bit.

USMLEWORLD: 63%
USMLE CD: 91% avg
NBME 1: 231 (10 days prior)
NBME 2: 222 (7 days prior)
Step 1: 221/90

life is good....:laugh:

congrats, goldengate- had you taken it 3 times prior? well done- at least its over. and, great score.
Thank you...yes, it was 3 FAILS, that's why I had become so skeptical of being able to finally PASS this exam. I just hope that selection committees will now be forgiving enough to give me a chance.

Just got my score today. 240/97. I didn't use world, which I was very concerned about. I had heard so much how it was "identical to the real thing" and all that. I only used Q-bank. I trusted this because I used it for step 1 and was satisfied with my results (228/92). I only studied for step 2 for about 3 weeks and it was pretty half-a**ed at that. I was worried because I am a DO applying to anesthesia (ACGME only) and, therefore, have to perform better than my MD counterparts for equal opportunity. Hopefully all my hard work will eventually get me matched to a good program.

alright....i've been following this thread, unfortunately, for way too long, and although i hate my friking usmle scores, i will share them only because i know there are obsessed med students out there following this thread and will make some mistakes that i did.....hopefully this message will help one person with their studying/scores.

my main point of this message is that the usmle world average has NO CORRELATION to usmle score.....trust me. I'm not sure what will predict your score (if anything) as is noone on this site....were all med students....but i can tell you my experience.

i'm a very average med student mostly bc i choose to be....i like my life and love my wife....and i choose tv, wife, and dog every night over library....shoot me. i went to work each day during third year and was mostly enthusiastic and always attentive while at work; did nothing at home or weekends, and received passing but not stellar shelf scores:
SURG - 62
OB - 70
PEDS -65
PSYCH - 79
INT MED - 84

I think this (shelf scores) is the key to your step 2 score (almost positive)...the reason i say this is because i busted ass directly after last rotation for 3 weeks solid 10-12 hrs/day. did all usmleworld 1.5x, first aid 3-4 times, and some b & w, and blueprints peds and ob. this was probably most ive ever studied for anything in my life and got about 61-62% on usmleworld with mostly high 60s low 70s near end.

I took exam on 8/21 and walked out thinking i did really well.....felt confident about 80% of questions on every section. got a 210. goal was 230 and if you look at people that post messages on here with a 61-63% average on uw, you wont find another score like mine (theyre all like 220-250). my point is that either other people who score like me just dont post or people posting are full of crap, most likely the former....so i wanted to let you readers know that just because you have a certain uw average, it means nothing.....best predictor is most likely studying throughout 3rd year....cramming can pass this badboy, but not smoke it....

good luck.

my main point of this message is that the usmle world average has NO CORRELATION to usmle score.....
if you look at people that post messages on here with a 61-63% average on uw, you wont find another score like mine (theyre all like 220-250). so i wanted to let you readers know that just because you have a certain uw average, it means nothing
I do agree w/ you in that UW should not be used as a predictor in performance on the exam, because test day is a different animal. When I ended up w/ a 64% avg on UW and looked at other people's correlations, I saw scores like 240-250...but I really doubted I would get something that high, and I didn't...I got a 221...which in fact is very close to the results from http://www.medfriends.org/step2_estimator/ which estimates a 224 based on my UW %. In my case, I guess it did predict my score very well. The R value is 0.72 after all. But I didn't put my money on it.

Literally just got home after taking that bad boy.

Damn was there a lot of freaking OBGYN (my worst subject other than neuro). A very few surgery ?s, and a lot of cardio. Quite a bit of ID in there too. I'm so glad it is finally over after my 3-scheduling-dates disaster. I studied with First Aid and UW, finishing with an avg of 61%. I barely hit average on my shelf exams. Btw, is there a new rule that says you can't wear any watch? Because halfway through the exam, the admin told me to take my analog Fossil watch off. I was like, "Are you kidding? It's just a regular watch! You just checked it this morning!" Jerk.

Kind of scared of seeing the score. I hope it turns out well!

kaplan qbank: 66% (75% completed)
nbme1: 191 (10 days out)
nbme2: 202 (8 days out)
nbme3: 231 (4 days out)
step 2: 224

Got my scores this week -
3 weeks of incredibly half-assed, not really daily studying using First Aid and Usmleworld

UW: 53%, about 60% of questions of completed
Step II - 214

Which is about the same as Step I, so I'm happy. I wasn't looking to change the world, just remain on par

I got my scores in the mail today. I am an average U.S. grad going into Anesthesia.

Here are my stats:
Studied for 3.5 weeks (~6 hrs daily)
Books used: Crush (read 3 times) Read some of the chapters in First Aid and B&W
UW score is about 62%. Completed about 90% questions.
Did not attempt any of the NBME exams
Step II CK: 227/92

Good luck everyone.

I appreciated these posts and used them to guide my studying. I spent 2 weeks using Step II Secrets & Usmleworld, and glanced at obgyn, peds, and er/surgery sections of First Aid to make sure I didn't miss anything (didn't--it's all there). Besides Secrets & usmleworld, getting a better night's sleep was huge--that test is LONG! Took the test on 7/24.

Step I = 228
Usmleworld = 60s - low 70s
Step II = 248

Repetition on Obgyn and ER/trauma chapters panned out I think, as they were over-represented on my test too. Good luck everyone!

Hi, I'm a DO student going into anesthesiology.

Step1 227/92
comlex1 620/90

UW 64%
Read BW and step-up to medicine
Studied for about 6 weeks during my anesthesia and plastic surgery rotations. did 1300 UW q's timed mode.

Step2 226/92
comlex 2 still waiting

I wanted to do better, but I'm satisfied. At least my 2-digit score stayed the same.

I just finished taking CK and wanted to share a few thoughts.
-I'm not really good about remembering the specifics of tests, but in your review, definitely pay attention to "what do you do next" type questions. This isn't what really happens on the floor where multiple actions happen essentially concurrently so most maddening thing about the exam is that you have to select the next best *single* action.
-The test did seem pretty OB heavy to me.
- On the more logistical end, I'm a bit of a space cadet and almost forgot my orange ticket this morning. Also, I would go through the tutorial, even if you think you remember it from last year. I hit the button in the right hand corner thinking that was how to end a block but it was actually to start an unauthorized break. (FYI-if these happens, just talk to the center folks so that they can record that you didn't leave the room and it wont be recorded as an irregularity)

So, my numbers, I'll post the outcome as long as its not too embarrassing (which apparently here means anything lower than 250 ;) )

Kaplan Qbank- 63% (all random timed blocks,unused 94% complete)
UW- ~59% (80% completed, mostly random timed blocks,unused then combo of incorrect /subject specific for last three days)
NBME 2- 215 (two days before)
NBME 1&3- Didnt take

Got scores back 222, 90. Step I 208, 84.

just took the nbme 3 yesterday... didn't think it was that bad - predicts a 210. i'm taking the exam on thursday and would like to break a 220. found myself with 20-30 minutes left per block. anyway, nbme tells me i don't know jack scrote about:

gynecologic disorders
pregnancy/childbirth
obstetrics and gyn

wow- looks like there's a theme there. time to sack up and make this exam my bit.ch.

p