usmlesteps123.com VS usmleworld for Step3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

citarita

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have heard some people say usmlestep123.com from Student Consult is better than usmleworld as a question bank and simulated cases for step 3. Can anyone comment on this? Thanks : )

Members don't see this ad.

I think usmlesteps123 is a more professional and better site overall. No offense to anyone, but when I go through Usmleworld, it seems like it is written by FMGs who can barely speak english. But each has its own strengths and weaknesses. The CCS cases on usmlesteps123 are much better and the questions are closer to the actual exam, however the explanations are probably better on usmleworld. If you pick just one, I'd go with usmlesteps123.

I think usmlesteps123 is a more professional and better site overall. No offense to anyone, but when I go through Usmleworld, it seems like it is written by FMGs who can barely speak english. But each has its own strengths and weaknesses. The CCS cases on usmlesteps123 are much better and the questions are closer to the actual exam, however the explanations are probably better on usmleworld. If you pick just one, I'd go with usmlesteps123.

FMGs that can barely speak English????

that is an incredibly racist and ludicrous comment. :thumbup: good for you scopehound. Shows your qualities as a future physician, proud to be part of your crowd. Did an FMG steal your residency spot or sleep with your wife? sure sounds like it.

to recap, the best mcqs by far on the planet for step 3 are USMLE World. Do not touch Kaplan Qbank, it is outdated and debilitated.
USMLE Steps123.com from student consult is much much better for the ccs portion of the examination, albeit the software is different than that of the actual examination, but it offers great great practice, understanding your strengths and weaknesses. First Aid for ccs is quite good too.

The questions on USMLE Steps123.com are closer to the actual examination than USMLE World??? you sir are most definitely somebody that has no clue whatsoever what you are talking about. Usually at this level people dont make *****ic claims as foolish as that.

There is no "one" source that is better than the next Mr. Scopehound, USMLE World for mcqs, and USMLE Steps123.com for ccs. Lost and staggered, please do not give false information. In other words put up or shuttup.