Usn Academic Rating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gvsk

pharMAFIA!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How good is USN compared to other private institutions and also other state schools..

I am purely taking academics into consideration here... Please do post where it stands academically, curriculum wise and also program wise here

Members don't see this ad.

You're annoying here. Who will be able to answer such question ? Now I wonder why USN even accepted you in the very first place where u are just clueless about asking an articulate question. I even noticed u asked where the ping pong table is in the USN. Heck! Find out yourself. And yeah...keep waiting for NOVA....good luck

You're annoying here. Who will be able to answer such question ? Now I wonder why USN even accepted you in the very first place where u are just clueless about asking an articulate question. I even noticed u asked where the ping pong table is in the USN. Heck! Find out yourself. And yeah...keep waiting for NOVA....good luck

I agree that no one will be able to answer this question other than perhaps students that have graduated from USN and who are in the working world. Pharmacy school is what you make of it. Study hard and master the material and you will be a great pharmacist (academically speaking).

USN's Naplex passing rate is 97% which is higher than the national average. That should be an indication of the success of the program and how competent the graduates are. RANKINGS MEAN NOTHING....

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that no one will be able to answer this question other than perhaps students that have graduated from USN and who are in the working world. Pharmacy school is what you make of it. Study hard and master the material and you will be a great pharmacist (academically speaking).

USN's Naplex passing rate is 97% which is higher than the national average. That should be an indication of the success of the program and how competent the graduates are. RANKINGS MEAN NOTHING....

well the tests nowadays are easier to pass. i was at UCSF and a person said that before the naplex and the current tests now (there were the old tests), the passing rate is not this high. in cali, only usc and ucsf had a high passing rate in the 90s. schools like western, pacific didn't (like 40-50s). now every school is like 95% passing rate w/ the new tests.

HAHAHAHAHA I'll high-five to that. :laugh:

sorry guys,,,, i did realise that i was taking a big risk of getting assaulated here by askin such kind of a question.. You see i am an international student and finding some suff on my own is tough.. so sorry and i wont post suh threads again ,,

i asked about ratings cos i found a link where the had like ratings of most colleges state and private and USN wasnt on that..

Any way take care..

Oh come on...don't say "sorry". It shows u're weak. You don't wanna be weak, especially in the pharmacy profession. Imagine yourself in a situation where another pharmacist filled a wrong prescription, the pt comes back and gets mad....and it isn't even your fault...You can't just say "sorry". That guy would be all over you. Or even in the hospital, the nurse will swallow you up if you can't show u're firm enough.

Anyway, USN isn't on the top pharmacy school nor on the list because USN is still a very new school. That has something to do with reputation, funding, "popular" professors, naplex scores, and research, etc... Apparently, since USN is so new (7 yrs around, just got fully accreditation in 2004!!!)....it's already hard to make the name known, whereas UCSF, USC, etc..have been known for 100 yrs!!!!.

Now, the reason why i picked on you because of the way you asked your question. "How good is USN compared to other private institutions and also other state schools. I am purely taking academics into consideration here". Nobody will know...unless there is someone who was a USN student at year 1,2 ; then transfers to another pharmacy school in Hawaii or another state, then he/she can compare and answer you. Or might as well u ask a pharmacy director who happened to interview 2 candidates: One from USN, and another from school B(for exampl) and he hired one of them after a bloody interview...just purely asking academic questions (like what is the molecular weigh of Heparin....or what is the stereochemistry difference between Xopenex vs. Proventil)....then u maybe, just may be able to compare them. But again, also...maybe he just interviewed a not very bright student from school B....or a very smart guy from USN (like me...ahahaha j.k). So u have to take some standards into consideration also.

Here's the fact: if you're willing to learn and willing to adapt the changes (just like water), then you'll be fine...doesn't matter where you come from. And if you come from a popular school with fully advantages, well-equipped, but u don't know how to ultilize it....then it's such a waste. Think like this:
School will provide you materials, ink, equipments for you to pain a picture. But whether or not you can master the skills and willing to work hard to pain a masterpeice of artwork or just a plain ugly picture is up to you.

Anyway, end of discussion....good luck with USN.