This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alessandra20

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)
I am in the works of applying for the upcoming pharmacy cycle and there is a question regarding if I have received any academic violations of which I was on academic probation as well as received 1 F and 1 XE (failure to show up to final(i contracted cellulitis and was unable to show)). How do I address these without being too wordy? it was my first semester of college and I did not take my classes seriously and was still mentally in my senior-itus mindset. However, I did show clear academic success and there has been a positive trendline of my grades, I used to be at a 1.75GPA and now I am at 3.34 cumulative and have been on the dean's list 3 times. I managed to get 4 letters of recommendation, 2 in the biology department, 1 from a physician I shadowed, and 1 from a pharmacist I shadowed. I am also in multiple organizations and am the president of a minority relief program at my university as well as have been volunteering at multiple pharmacies since 2019. I just don't know how to address these concerns without sounding pathetic and stupid. The programs I (so far) plan to apply to are Wayne State, University of Michigan, Ferris State, UIC, and Toledo school of pharmacy. Any advice would help!

p.s I know that the job is very overly saturated but please keep in mind my family runs over 5 privately owned pharmacies, each inside a physician's office. All are very successful and even are in the works of opening a 6th one in a new upcoming hospital in my state. so in terms of job opportunities, I am pretty much covered and have a job that is waiting for me when I graduate. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Have you received any academic violations of which you were on academic probation? Yes

2) Explain: New undergraduate student who struggled to make adjustments to college life during first semester of school. Received an XE (Failure to show up to final) due to contracting cellulitis and never reported it to the professor & school administrators.

Just like that.

Then proceed to the rest of the PharmCAS application.

Reactions: 1 user
1) Have you received any academic violations of which you were on academic probation? Yes

2) Explain: New undergraduate student who struggled to make adjustments to college life during first semester of school. Received an XE (Failure to show up to final) due to contracting cellulitis and never reported it to the professor & school administrators.

Just like that.

Then proceed to the rest of the PharmCAS application.
will pharmcas contact me for proof regarding the cellulitis? i am not sure how to prove that aspect to them if i get contacted regarding that issue.

will pharmcas contact me for proof regarding the cellulitis? i am not sure how to prove that aspect to them if i get contacted regarding that issue.

PharmCAS will never reach out to you in that regard - they're simply a hired mail delivery system that auto-generates grades / essays / geographic info on behalf of pharmacy programs you apply to.