USN class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You have no idea. I think I had this prof for a day or maybe two. I spent the whole day thinking, "OMG, I could be his mom." Nothing makes you feel old like thinking you could be a professor's parent. I think he is older than he looks though so I can't actually be his mom but it was still VERY distracting.

kullgren_justin_thumb.jpg

he interviewed me LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
I got a call from Dr. DeYoung on Friday and accepted to Henderson campus. I'm half excited and half worry now. I've heard a lot about exam last Friday (nutritional block) from quite a few of P2 students. There is a P2 that I know who had never fail, but need to remediate this Monday. They all said what Mr. Bla's said about the exam. I just hope that by the year I got to P2, there will be more quality professors.

Congrats :D. Where you waitlisted? If so what rank were you (i.e. top 50)?

Hi guys,
I got a call from Dr. DeYoung on Friday and accepted to Henderson campus. I'm half excited and half worry now. I've heard a lot about exam last Friday (nutritional block) from quite a few of P2 students. There is a P2 that I know who had never fail, but need to remediate this Monday. They all said what Mr. Bla's said about the exam. I just hope that by the year I got to P2, there will be more quality professors.
congrats!!!!!
may i know your waitlist number . jUst to guess if i will get a call soon or not..

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
yes... do tell, please :D

Thanks guys, I was top 25 on the wait-list...and the day after I submitted the waitlist, I got call from Dr. DeYoung. So I don't know whether he got my mail or not.

Hang in there guys and good luck for all.

Thanks guys, I was top 25 on the wait-list...and the day after I submitted the waitlist, I got call from Dr. DeYoung. So I don't know whether he got my mail or not.

Hang in there guys and good luck for all.

Congrats again...Did he tell what rank specifically you were?

Well all I know is that I was pretty unsatisfied with my interview experience. Not only were the 2 P1's that interviewed me seemingly very incompetent (one of them asked me the exact same question twice in a row and obviously wasn't paying attention half the time), but so was the professor. Plus they seemed very unwelcoming and unfriendly. The other 3 schools I interviewed at were much more appealing. Very friendly and happy to have me there to interview (or at least they acted like it). And they only interviewed about 10-15 kids per day which gave me a much better opportunity to ask questions and get to know the professors. The only reason I was considering USN is because it is closer to home and is a 3 year program. I am on the wait list now, but I think I may still move 1500 miles to go to Butler even if I get in at USN.

-Note: I don't say all this just because I got wait-listed. I came home and told my wife the very same things right after the interview. I only say this now because the subject came up in this thread. I am also sure that others had a better experience than I did. Just check the interview section on SDN, opinions of the interview process seem to really vary. I think it largely depends on who interviews you.

Well all I know is that I was pretty unsatisfied with my interview experience. Not only were the 2 P1's that interviewed me seemingly very incompetent (one of them asked me the exact same question twice in a row and obviously wasn't paying attention half the time), but so was the professor. Plus they seemed very unwelcoming and unfriendly. The other 3 schools I interviewed at were much more appealing. Very friendly and happy to have me there to interview (or at least they acted like it). And they only interviewed about 10-15 kids per day which gave me a much better opportunity to ask questions and get to know the professors. The only reason I was considering USN is because it is closer to home and is a 3 year program. I am on the wait list now, but I think I may still move 1500 miles to go to Butler even if I get in at USN.

-Note: I don't say all this just because I got wait-listed. I came home and told my wife the very same things right after the interview. I only say this now because the subject came up in this thread. I am also sure that others had a better experience than I did. Just check the interview section on SDN, opinions of the interview process seem to really vary. I think it largely depends on who interviews you.

I think it's "YMMV" with any interview...I loved my interviewees...We were joking around and having fun.

Let's go make our pity party together fellow Arizonan!!! I'm in the East Valley. You?!

Stinks about retaking classes and do it ALL OVER again, huh?!

Yes i am in east valley, Private message me.

I'm 100+ on the waitlist :(.

Last edited:
If you don't turn in your waitlist email do you get passed up? For example: if someone was #15 and didnt turn in their waitlist form yet, would # 25 who did turn in his waitlist form get "the call" first?

If you don't turn in your waitlist email do you get passed up? For example: if someone was #15 and didnt turn in their waitlist form yet, would # 25 who did turn in his waitlist form get "the call" first?

I don't think so...Only if you don't turn it in by May 21st, you'll get kicked off the waitlist (they'll withdraw your application).

Members don't see this ad :)
After reading all this bad stuff about USN, I am really worried.
I am applying in few months for the Fall 2011. USN is the only school that I am applying to. I live in Las Vegas and my husband and I can't move anywhere else at the moment so I don't have a choice.
I really want to go to Pharmacy School, so I guess I am gonna have to get over the fact that USN might not be the best choice.

I really want to get in. I am taking my PCAT on June 19th. This is my first time taking it. Does anybody know how they calculate the PCAT score if I end up retaking it? Will they look at the higher score or will they take the average?

I am applying in few months for the Fall 2011. USN is the only school that I am applying to. I live in Las Vegas and my husband and I can't move anywhere else at the moment so I don't have a choice.
I really want to go to Pharmacy School, so I guess I am gonna have to get over the fact that USN might not be the best choice.

I really want to get in. I am taking my PCAT on June 19th. This is my first time taking it. Does anybody know how they calculate the PCAT score if I end up retaking it? Will they look at the higher score or will they take the average?

I don't know HOW they calculate it, but they will take the higher composite score for sure.

When I applied this year, at first they required the PCAT score to be from 2009. Later, they stated the Jan scores would be accepted also. Before I recieved my scores (Oct PCAT), I called to ask which one they would take if I retested in Jan, they told me they would only take the most recent.

Did the policy change? BTW, I obviously had no desire to take it again once I got my score (one day of that was more than enough stress).

Have you considered Creighton's Distance Pathway?

Have you considered Creighton's Distance Pathway?

I have seen that. The fact that there is now a Pharmacy program offered online really has me concerned:confused:

I have seen that. The fact that there is now a Pharmacy program offered online really has me concerned:confused:

We had a student from that program come rotate through our hospital and the pharmacists gave a lot of praise on the student's performance. The students that graduate from that program also have a high NAPLEX pass rate (although I am not sure how much of an indicator that is of a quality program). We do, however, have two pharmacists from Creighton (the on-campus PharmD and the non-traditional PharmD for one pharmacist who had a BSPharm). They are both excellent pharmacists and one is a critical care pharmacist who has a LOT of respect from the docs on ICU. I have learned so much from him.

The pharmacist I was shadowing was the preceptor (i think that is what its called) for a 4th year from the Creighton online program. Creighton's distance pathway is the only fully accredited online pharmacy program in the US. The student was telling me that the professors post all their ppt slides and a video of them lecturing so its kind of like still being in a class room. then each summer you go to the main campus for a couple weeks straight to do all the labs. I applied but got rejected because it is VERY competitive to get in.

I know it is eay to get intimidated by the negative things being said about USN, but don't discount the fact that there are PLENTY of students that graduate and pass their NAPLEX and go on to work as pharmacists. If you have already been accepted then you already know you have the ability to work hard and get good grades. Do not sell yourselves short and go into this experience with a chip on your shoulder or setting yourselves up to fail.

This is my dream so I am trying to stay encouraged and positive and know that I will work hard to meet my goal. I am a bit older so I know that in life you will face all sorts of adversities so if USN does turn out to be more difficult than you thought it would, rise to meet the challenge because trust me there will be many more to come.

Ok, that was my motivational piece for today!

We had a student from that program come rotate through our hospital and the pharmacists gave a lot of praise on the student's performance. The students that graduate from that program also have a high NAPLEX pass rate (although I am not sure how much of an indicator that is of a quality program). We do, however, have two pharmacists from Creighton (the on-campus PharmD and the non-traditional PharmD for one pharmacist who had a BSPharm). They are both excellent pharmacists and one is a critical care pharmacist who has a LOT of respect from the docs on ICU. I have learned so much from him.

Well, regardless of all that, I think the part that I'm concerned with is that Pharmacy education will start heading into the direction of the University of Pheonix and Capella's of the world. What did that do for degrees like Doctor of General Psychology and MBA. ?? Turned them into a joke that anyone can easily access and complete.

Well, regardless of all that, I think the part that I'm concerned with is that Pharmacy education will start heading into the direction of the University of Pheonix and Capella's of the world. What did that do for degrees like Doctor of General Psychology and MBA. ?? Turned them into a joke that anyone can easily access and complete.

You don't see this happening with the M.D. degree or even degrees like Doctor of Optometry or Chiropractic. I don't see why it should happen to Doctor of Pharmacy. It's certainly not any less in importance than those degrees are and takes much more skill and expertise.

I agree with you on your comment about anyone being able to access these online programs but to complete is a whole other ball game. I can peak for University of Phoenix personally because I received my MBA there. While I did my program on campus I know a lot of my classmates who switched from the online program because it was very difficult. I can only imagine since the classroom program was very rigorous. And now I teach for their AA program and trust me it is no cake walk.

With that being said, I think people assume a lot about online programs because they are online but I find that most people are wrong in their assumptions. So I think that having a distance learning program for Pharmacy is very doable without diminishing the quality of the education.

BTW, I never had any problems securing positions with my MBA from University of Phoenix so not everyone thinks they are a joke.

I agree with you on your comment about anyone being able to access these online programs but to complete is a whole other ball game. I can peak for University of Phoenix personally because I received my MBA there. While I did my program on campus I know a lot of my classmates who switched from the online program because it was very difficult. I can only imagine since the classroom program was very rigorous. And now I teach for their AA program and trust me it is no cake walk.

With that being said, I think people assume a lot about online programs because they are online but I find that most people are wrong in their assumptions. So I think that having a distance learning program for Pharmacy is very doable without diminishing the quality of the education.

BTW, I never had any problems securing positions with my MBA from University of Phoenix so not everyone thinks they are a joke.

Saying what's on your mind will always have you run the risk of potentially offending others, and I'm sorry if I've offended you since you have completed your degree online. You may have a point regarding completing the program, but I am one of those people that thinks when a program is offered online, it does diminish the respect for it, and it saturates the related profession because YES it's that much more accessible and doable. From the standpoint of a working mom or housewife that cannot possible attend a campus, sure it's great, but this is not a good thing in many other respects. You may have been lucky enough or savvy enough to secure positions with an MBA but I can tell you of MANY people who haven't. I personally worked for a University that offered Psychology programs online (Masters and Doctorate) in varying areas of concentration. As opposed to students coming after the degree, they had us calling people from lists several times a day to get a hold of them to try to "get them to sign up". We were literally running after people and had "sales" goals to meet. If you didn't find someone to enroll you would be written up. That's where I learned that online programs were treated as more of a product that you need to push to sell to people. I just hope that Pharmacy will never be headed anywhere near that direction and the online offering will be limited to Creighton for a LONG time. As you may have already read from the other forums, we may already be faced with the threat of oversaturation and the chance of actually not finding employment after years of work and over $100k in expenses.:cool:

Hi all...

All this talk about the PCAT and USN reminded me of a conversation I had with Dr. DeYoung on my interview day.

I asked him specifally why they had chosen to start making the PCAT mandatory and his answer made me think that the PCAT was strictly for accreditation issues. Something about how to be granted accreditation, some sort of writing exam was mandatory... since the PCAT encompasses this exam, he said it was just easier to make the PCAT mandatory for future students.

I still believe like most people have already explained that your GPA, and most importantly your interview scores are the most important factors in gaining admission... at least for the near future.

The transition to making PCAT mandatory still leads me to believe its really not that heavily weighted at this point...

-Link

Saying what's on your mind will always have you run the risk of potentially offending others, and I'm sorry if I've offended you since you have completed your degree online. You may have a point regarding completing the program, but I am one of those people that thinks when a program is offered online, it does diminish the respect for it, and it saturates the related profession because YES it's that much more accessible and doable. From the standpoint of a working mom or housewife that cannot possible attend a campus, sure it's great, but this is not a good thing in many other respects. You may have been lucky enough or savvy enough to secure positions with an MBA but I can tell you of MANY people who haven't. I personally worked for a University that offered Psychology programs online (Masters and Doctorate) in varying areas of concentration. As opposed to students coming after the degree, they had us calling people from lists several times a day to get a hold of them to try to "get them to sign up". We were literally running after people and had "sales" goals to meet. If you didn't find someone to enroll you would be written up. That's where I learned that online programs were treated as more of a product that you need to push to sell to people. I just hope that Pharmacy will never be headed anywhere near that direction and the online offering will be limited to Creighton for a LONG time. As you may have already read from the other forums, we may already be faced with the threat of oversaturation and the chance of actually not finding employment after years of work and over $100k in expenses.:cool:

Oh no worries, I took no offense. I respect your opinion.

Hello Hello,

Congratulations for the incoming students to USN. It has been quite some time since I've been on this forum. I have been too busy studying for all the exams that we have. I still can't believe that we only have 3 more weeks of school and then i'm going on rotations for the 3rd year already. P2 year is definitely much harder but it's also more interesting. And this year has gone by way too fast. But i'm excited because I don't have to study as much as I do now.

I know that there are a lot of skeptical things regarding USN and the whole 90% passing rate. I just felt that if you try to learn and make the best of your education, then, it's very much do-able. If you can get an A in your undergrad classes, then you can also do it here. It's the same concept except for the fact that you have to pass every two weeks.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, I will try to respond promptly.

Goodluck to everyone!!! :luck:

Here is what I received from my email today from other fellow classmates, names have been changed. "Nutthuggers" mean what it means, people to blinded by their loyalty to a institution that they can't see whats going on around them. Wait til you are in your p2 year, and you will understand. Enjoy the reading. Sorry the cut and paste got messed up.

Now I came to a point in my life where all i wish for is to get the
F**k out of this school ASAP. I have seen people crying/worried @ exam
today and it was quite unusual for the whole remediation class to be
on the verge of failing a block ( seriously at one point there were
rumors flying around, suggesting only one student passed out of 50 or
60 something students)

There were lot more problem solving type questions today then what we
had on friday which I think is super ridiculous ( given we only had 2
hrs to take the test) and on top of that I was never sure of my
answers for those problems. ( I later figured that everyone in the
class were in the same boat unfortunately ).

Now I wonder..
How can we be tested on stuff that we don't have a f**kin clue about.
Why is Dr.F teaching this block in the first place ?
Are we some kind of lab rats for the school to test on ?
Why weren't we given any sample problems or quizzes (that actually
mimick test questions) ?
I dont understand how Dr.F managed to have a 2 hr pre exam review in
the morning and be totally useless.

Now thinking forward, as a class we got to do something that should
stop this school from hurting its own students.

How about writing some good/awesome prof reviews on wednesday
morning ?..So don't forget to be there in class and
please..please..dont be nice when you write those reviews..

I hope this school takes our reviews seriously.

student xxxxx

Hi all...

All this talk about the PCAT and USN reminded me of a conversation I had with Dr. DeYoung on my interview day.

I asked him specifally why they had chosen to start making the PCAT mandatory and his answer made me think that the PCAT was strictly for accreditation issues. Something about how to be granted accreditation, some sort of writing exam was mandatory... since the PCAT encompasses this exam, he said it was just easier to make the PCAT mandatory for future students.

I still believe like most people have already explained that your GPA, and most importantly your interview scores are the most important factors in gaining admission... at least for the near future.

The transition to making PCAT mandatory still leads me to believe its really not that heavily weighted at this point...

-Link

I could be wrong, but I doubt it has much to do with accreditation since, if that were the case, schools in California and Mass that don't yet require the PCAT, would require it. I don't know...just a thought...

and another email:

I absoultely agree with all of what you said XXXXXX.
We ALL need to show up wednesday morning and right a serious review
for Dr. F. We don't pay 40k+ a year to go to class be totally confused
with his scatered thoughts and be insulted by how we will have the
same degree as him in a year. He thinks he is all that, well he might
be, but what he is not is a good teacher. Honestly any of us could
have read the material ahead of time and taught it to everyone with
less confusion. So my point is: BE SURE TO SHOW UP WED AND RIGHT AN
HONEST REVIEW ABOUT HOW LECTURE AND MATERIAL WAS HANDLED. Could it be
the notes that wasn't his and have several mistakes on them? Or Maybe
his incompetance to teach the material and causing massive confusion
to everyone? Or his unprofessionalism in class and the way he dealt
with students?

Anyways, more importantly if you really feel that there is more to be
brought up than just on evals come talk to me and if you guys want me
to set up a meeting with Dr. C. to bring up these issues let me know.

Finally, if you failed by just 1 or 2 questions and have anything to
appeal let's all work on it together. I know with the decent arguments
and factual support Dr. J. will accept your appeal. Let me know if you
need help with anything.

And lastly to everyone don't let this bother you. What is done is done
and we will see what we can do about it. But now let's focus on
finishing up the year strong. Get IPC stuff done, and let's get the
last exam out of the way!

xxxxxxx

By the way, our class president today came by and tried to get an appointment with the school president (Dr. Rosenberg) to get some answers as to why our class is being treated this way, and Metzger straight up barged into the class, and told her "Don't do that again!!!!" in front of pretty much half the class. I guess there is no "open door policy at USN" or maybe Metzger is the man running the show at USN. Either way, he's a 2 faced @#$@#$@#$

She didn't deserve to be embarrassed like that, especially by Metzger, who by the way is the Dean of Academic Affairs.

I know that some of us have been quite concerned about some of the talk that was surrounding the P2 term at USN (Nevada). I too was very concerned about this and still am. I attempted to contact 8 people through facebook whom I found on the old page. As of yet I've only heard back from one, who told me he'd graduated back in 05. He basically said that it's not as bad as some people try to make it seem as it is. I basically gathered that there is likely some exaggeration going on, but who knows. I am hoping to hear back from more people. I can't see why they wouldn't want to give me their input since they've already graduated, but perhaps they don't check their facebooks too often. I'll keep updating.

Oh my God here we go again.......

I could be wrong, but I doubt it has much to do with accreditation since, if that were the case, schools in California and Mass that don't yet require the PCAT, would require it. I don't know...just a thought...

Its part of accreditation. USN just got renewed last year, and it was part of an agreement with the ACPE. It's done I believe every 4 or 5 years, and I guess thats what USN had to do, to get its accreditation renewed.

Funny thing is during that time, faculty was so nice, and helpful. Oh, things have changed. Once the ACPE left our campus, things turn to POOP>

I know it is eay to get intimidated by the negative things being said about USN, but don't discount the fact that there are PLENTY of students that graduate and pass their NAPLEX and go on to work as pharmacists. If you have already been accepted then you already know you have the ability to work hard and get good grades. Do not sell yourselves short and go into this experience with a chip on your shoulder or setting yourselves up to fail.

This is my dream so I am trying to stay encouraged and positive and know that I will work hard to meet my goal. I am a bit older so I know that in life you will face all sorts of adversities so if USN does turn out to be more difficult than you thought it would, rise to meet the challenge because trust me there will be many more to come.

Ok, that was my motivational piece for today!

Uh okay.......... I'll tell that to my friends that dropped out, or better yet tell that to the 30+ or so of my classmates that aren't here anymore. I'm sure all of my classmates didn't come to USN and spend 80K in tuition and not graduate.

FYI, pretty much all the west coast schools have +90% rates, but you want to go to a school where your chances of not graduating are much higher........ You will do well at USN.

Those who want to go to USN, by all means go. I'm giving you the heads up, and its not for my benefit. I'm just warning you. After all I'm some dood on the internet. I ain't your momma or your daddy, but my desire to do whats right is the only reason I come here and warn you (and yes, I do have a chip on my shoulder, a big one). I got nothing to gain, and hell, I'm done with my p2 year in 2 weeks, so what do I have to gain by warning all of you. I have no more tests to take, I don't have to see these @#$@# professors anymore. I'm going back to cali, and be done with USN, until graduation. I have no summers, but you know it sucks that half your class is stuck in remediation because faculty can't teach.

If you are already accepted, then take this as your heads-up warning, of what can happen when a school doesn't care for its students anymore (only applies to Henderson).

Alright, I'll do you guys a favor, and leave this thread alone, but If you end up at USN and they treat you or your class like crap, have the balls to stand up and warn others.

Sorry if I offend at times, I"m a Ahole when I try to get my point across. By the way, my point is neither objective nor is it non-biased

Last edited:
and another email:

I absoultely agree with all of what you said XXXXXX.
We ALL need to show up wednesday morning and right a serious review
for Dr. F. We don't pay 40k+ a year to go to class be totally confused
with his scatered thoughts and be insulted by how we will have the
same degree as him in a year. He thinks he is all that, well he might
be, but what he is not is a good teacher. Honestly any of us could
have read the material ahead of time and taught it to everyone with
less confusion. So my point is: BE SURE TO SHOW UP WED AND RIGHT AN
HONEST REVIEW ABOUT HOW LECTURE AND MATERIAL WAS HANDLED. Could it be
the notes that wasn't his and have several mistakes on them? Or Maybe
his incompetance to teach the material and causing massive confusion
to everyone? Or his unprofessionalism in class and the way he dealt
with students?

Anyways, more importantly if you really feel that there is more to be
brought up than just on evals come talk to me and if you guys want me
to set up a meeting with Dr. C. to bring up these issues let me know.

Finally, if you failed by just 1 or 2 questions and have anything to
appeal let's all work on it together. I know with the decent arguments
and factual support Dr. J. will accept your appeal. Let me know if you
need help with anything.

And lastly to everyone don't let this bother you. What is done is done
and we will see what we can do about it. But now let's focus on
finishing up the year strong. Get IPC stuff done, and let's get the
last exam out of the way!

xxxxxxx

By the way, our class president today came by and tried to get an appointment with the school president (Dr. Rosenberg) to get some answers as to why our class is being treated this way, and Metzger straight up barged into the class, and told her "Don't do that again!!!!" in front of pretty much half the class. I guess there is no "open door policy at USN" or maybe Metzger is the man running the show at USN. Either way, he's a 2 faced @#$@#$@#$

She didn't deserve to be embarrassed like that, especially by Metzger, who by the way is the Dean of Academic Affairs.

This email seems to contradict an earlier point about how the appeal process is rigged and there is a 99% chance that Dr. Jorvig won't even read the appeal. This writer doesn't seem to feel that way. "I know with the decent arguments and factual support Dr. J will accept your appeal." How can that be if he doesn't even read them? I have to admit that I thought the appeal process was rigged but then I kept hearing about people who had retroactively passed the assessments because they won their appeals. I have a few friends who get to not spend an extra week in the summer at USN because of the appeals process. And after hearing some of the crazy arguments people make to try and get a point, I'm not surprised that some of them fail.

Are there no books or other type of material to consult? Do students rely solely on what comes out of the instructors' mouths? So if the instructor is crap they're screwed? Can you clarify this, Mr. Blu?

Well there's that library that they have.....I guess you can look up information on topics you don't understand...

As for books, from what I understand when I went to the interview, they have everything online, which is why they don't have you pay for books in the first place.

Well there's that library that they have.....I guess you can look up information on topics you don't understand...

As for books, from what I understand when I went to the interview, they have everything online, which is why they don't have you pay for books in the first place.

Ya now that you mention I think I recall overhearing that. I do prefer to study from hard copy stuff like from the ice age.

Ya now that you mention I think I recall overhearing that. I do prefer to study from hard copy stuff like from the ice age.

You have access to the online books which is convenient from home but you can also check out books from the library. In my experience so far, all the information you need is on the powerpoints. Old exams are helpful too to see what kinds of questions the prof writes but if they are new that always isn't an option. In that case, I just know my material more in depth than I would for a prof who doesn't ask highly detailed questions. And if a prof is confusing, I just go learn it myself. The resources are there.

You have access to the online books which is convenient from home but you can also check out books from the library. In my experience so far, all the information you need is on the powerpoints. Old exams are helpful too to see what kinds of questions the prof writes but if they are new that always isn't an option. In that case, I just know my material more in depth than I would for a prof who doesn't ask highly detailed questions. And if a prof is confusing, I just go learn it myself. The resources are there.

thanx Diastole. I'm confused about one thing though. My understanding is that some students are failing because supposedly profs are not putting EVERYTHING they need to know on powerpoints right???? in that case you can't rely on them......or is that everything IS on powerpoint yet the prof does an inaccurate and misleading review of which power point info will be included on the test? how is it that some people are so lost come exam time..if all info is on pp???

Hey Everyone!! I just joined SDN. It is soo nice that you can connect with students. I asked Dr. Deyoung about a facebook page for students, like Pacific University does but he said they didn't have a page!! Just wanted to say hi and I was accepted to USN back in Feb. I am a little nervous now reading previous posts, but I am going to stay optimistic as I have already paid my deposit and have decided on USN! It was one of my top choices anyways! Hope to connect to more class of 2013 students!! :)

Last edited:
Things are just not adding up. What you're saying contradicts what the other guy claims???? If everything that you need is on PP then WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE SUPPOSEDLY FAILING? maybe P2 is different from P1 in this regard. In which case again, I have to politely ask you, Diastole, to stop putting input from P1 when the topic of concern here is P2. Sorry to be a b.... but I think at this point everyone is concerned about P2 and that's the only information we're concerned about hearing....

The info can all be there and yet people can still fail. On our first exam we had about 40% failure rate yet all the info was in the slides. People just didn't learn it adequately or didn't understand what was there. With the amount of info we get, it isn't a stretch to think that some people didn't have time to learn it all.

With all due respect, I thought the topic of this thread was USN. I never claimed to speak for the P2 year. I was talking about my experiences only. I'm not going to stop posting because your interest is only on the P2 year. Perhaps some people are interested in different perspectives or want to know what is going on in the P1 year. Besides, I like to post.

I sent my wait list paperwork today, but haven't heard much else.

I like hearing info about both p1 and p2...and p3 if anyone can contribute.

I guess in a nutshell, USN is gonna be HARDER than other schools. We already know Pharm school is hard, that's a given. In addition, the difficulty level is kicked up a knotch b/c of the 3 year 90% P/F system. And to add a cherry on top, is the lack of/weak support system from faculty and admin. I'm sure there are good profs at usn, but it's hard to say they dominate the pool of faculty, when i repeatedly see the bads, and not the good ones. nor is there overwhelming wave of rebuttal from previous students and grads.

I was told Pacific univ in oregon assigns an advising professor to each student and there's little barriers for the student to get help/clarification. They have the same accelerated grading/curriculum format.