USN dental interview 2/4/11

I don't know about the rest of the class, but as for my stats, I was interviewed and accepted in January with a 3.3 overall, 3.2 science, and 19 avg on DAT (21 in sciences). Hope that helps!

Do you guys know what kind of stats people have been admitted with? I'm thinking that most people with decent to good stats have been accepted somewhere and if offered an interview at this point probably won't go. I wonder what type of candidates they will invite for their final interview slots.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, I have somewhat similar stats to yours with a little lower gpa. Did you have a masters or a postbac? Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to get one of those last interviews...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted yesterday and according to Dr. Harman the class is full as of now. The first waive of deposit is due in the next two weeks, and they will go off the waitlist from there.

I have been put on the alternate list. Is anyone in the same situation?

Me too...... Amanda said i was in the upper third.... Anyone else?

How did you figure it out? Called them?

are there any apartment complexes right next to the school?

The closest that I know of are a few blocks away. Sterling Village (801) 576-8500 and Pinnacle Southtowne (801) 253-5800. I don't know anything about these places, but I drive by them frequently. In Salt Lake there is a website called KSL.com, it has a classified section similar to craigslist in other cities. There are a ton of apartments in peoples basements, etc. here is the link. http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=13

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

Looking for a place to rent ? I have a P3 friend who will be graduating next June and will have her townhouse available for rent. It’s an 1,100sq.ft. 2 car-garage 1 master bedroom home located 12 miles from school in the Inspirada Community near Seven Hills Henderson, NV. If you are interested e-mail [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Ramzy, thanks for the heads up, but the dental school is in Utah...not Nevada.. lol

and does anyone know how much the deposit is?

Hmm, I have somewhat similar stats to yours with a little lower gpa. Did you have a masters or a postbac? Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to get one of those last interviews...

Nope, no master's. I took some classes for a year after graduating though, but they were all undergrad classes.

I also got accepted on the 29th. I'm also accepted at OHSU, and I think I will go there instead. Hope my spot goes to somebody who really deserves it. My overall gpa was 3.5, science about 3.4, DAT ranging from 16-23, mostly 20s though. Hope this helps all those who were wondering still, and best of luck to everybody. I really wanted to go here and help make a name for the school, and I really like the way they are teaching...but with my goals set on oral surgery, I'd rather not take the risk of going to a thus-far-no-name school and potentially decrease my chances for post-doc programs. I'm sure this school will be great someday...I just can't wait around for that to happen.

I also got accepted on the 29th. I'm also accepted at OHSU, and I think I will go there instead. Hope my spot goes to somebody who really deserves it. My overall gpa was 3.5, science about 3.4, DAT ranging from 16-23, mostly 20s though. Hope this helps all those who were wondering still, and best of luck to everybody. I really wanted to go here and help make a name for the school, and I really like the way they are teaching...but with my goals set on oral surgery, I'd rather not take the risk of going to a thus-far-no-name school and potentially decrease my chances for post-doc programs. I'm sure this school will be great someday...I just can't wait around for that to happen.

Best wishes

Just received a call from Dr. Harmon this morning. Accepted!!!

Last edited:
Has anybody received any additional information on student loans? I filled out my fafsa but haven't heard anything back from the school, Im not sure if I need to do anything else. Also, does anyone know how many seats are still available in the class? I thought they were full.

Has anybody received any additional information on student loans? I filled out my fafsa but haven't heard anything back from the school, Im not sure if I need to do anything else. Also, does anyone know how many seats are still available in the class? I thought they were full.

I received an email from Francisca Aquino on May 2nd. In essence, it stated -

"Based on this estimated cost of attendance; you can apply for the following federal loans for the academic year 2011-12:
Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan - $8,500
Direct Unsubsidized Loan - $38,667
Direct Plus loan - $54,875
For students who indicated in their FAFSA that they will be living with parents, the maximum grad Plus that they can borrow is $41,375.

Your award letter will follow soon.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact me."

I'd call Francisca if you have any other finance questions. Good luck -

Has the school decided on what the final cost of attendance is going to be? not the estimated cost of attendance. Anybody know?

Hey spanish I got the same email a well. How do we apply for the needed loans?

Another question.. does anyone know what kind of computer we will be using? I know usn typically uses Dell, but in the survey it seemed like they were trying to figure out what most people like... Hopefully they switch to apple!

Hey spanish I got the same email a well. How do we apply for the needed loans?

I've never done it before - but when speaking with Francisca a while back, she told me she would start meeting with us (dental students) or contact us individually to hammer out those details some time this month. We still need an award letter from her first. We'll see what happens.

Another question.. does anyone know what kind of computer we will be using? I know usn typically uses Dell, but in the survey it seemed like they were trying to figure out what most people like... Hopefully they switch to apple!

I sure hope they allow us to use macs. I'll be pushing for it -

Hello USN College of Dental Medicine c/o 2015.

Do you know if there's a facebook page for our class?
If not, maybe we should create one. I'm looking for a roommate if you're interested.
Thanks