In at USN

I am in also. I got the call from Dr. Harman today. I can't wait!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews. I decided to apply to this school late in the app cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews. I decided to apply to this school late in the app cycle.
I don't think they are interviewing anymore.

Hang in there. I have feeling alot of spots will open up once they ask for their deposits.

I will 99.9% give up my spot if they ask for deposit, I know 2 more people that will do the same...

We are waiting for our #1 choice school to get back to us by beginning of April. Hopefully USN wont ask a deposit until then.:)

I will 99.9% give up my spot if they ask for deposit, I know 2 more people that will do the same...

We are waiting for our #1 choice school to get back to us by beginning of April. Hopefully USN wont ask a deposit until then.:)

Do you know if all of their spots are taken? I have emailed Amanda, but I haven't heard back from her yet. I am curious of how many people will drop their spot.

I got the call and I'm in! Now I just need to decide if I go here or to USC. Does anyone know if there is a facebook group yet?

i just my call! I interviewed on Feb. 4th

Congrats too all the new accepted applicants! I'll see yall in August! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call and I'm in! Now I just need to decide if I go here or to USC. Does anyone know if there is a facebook group yet?

I vote for USC. I got my alternate list letter today.

For those that are in, where do you guys plan to live at and do you know how much a furnished place would cost?

I'm waiting for some sort of social network or something from USN before deciding on where to live. It'll definitely be cheaper to have roommates and I'd personally prefer to live with some people from our class. Something is in the works, just need to wait a little bit longer..

Has anyone received their financial aid package email yet? Francisca said she will start sending them out today(Friday the 13th)?

no one has received their financial aid package yet?

I just recieved my award letter. I am kind of confused.. I was only awarded a total of 8.5K of subsidized loans. Does this mean the rest of the money I take out will start occurring interest right away? That is a ton if that's the case! someone please help.. Do you pay interest right away with the Direct Grad Plus Loan?

I just recieved my award letter. I am kind of confused.. I was only awarded a total of 8.5K of subsidized loans. Does this mean the rest of the money I take out will start occurring interest right away? That is a ton if that's the case! someone please help.. Do you pay interest right away with the Direct Grad Plus Loan?

yes. 8.5 k is the max amount of subsidized amount that can be awarded. the rest of them has either 6.8% interest or 7.9% interest.

Did anyone receive any form of grant or scholarship in their financial aid package? Does USN even offer grants or scholarships?

Is that how it is with all loans at Other schools? 7 percent on that much money for 4 years is a Ton of money...

Is that how it is with all loans at Other schools? 7 percent on that much money for 4 years is a Ton of money...

The interest rates are the same for all schools since they are government money and the government is setting them at 6.8% and 7.9% respectively.

Has anyone done the BLS training yet? How much does it cost and what course are we required to take?

Has anyone done the BLS training yet? How much does it cost and what course are we required to take?

Forgive me for speaking out of place as I do not know this specific to USN, I just follow this thread because I hope to go to USN next cycle.

I would assume you need BLS for Healthcare Providers. It is significantly different from the CPR course my wife took as a teacher. Seems like for CPR courses for the general public that have eliminated rescue breathing and some other things.

The BLS for Healthcare Providers I have had to take was available through the Red Cross through dozens of facilities in the metro area I live in. I would start by contacting the Red Cross and they can probably give you a list of people that provide the training. Mine cost less than $75, but can't remember the exact price.

Sorry if this info is wrong, run it by USN first, but it would make sense to me that you need BLS for Healthcare Providers.

Does anyone know if anyone has started a fb group? If not I'm thinking to do so

This may be a really dumb question, but do any of you know if there is some sort of dress code for USN?

That Idk but they just had us pick out sizes for polo which Idk what for, but all I know is that it goes to our fees. I think it would be wasteful if they had us order scrubs too. I don't even know if were going to be wearing scrubs