-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
USUHS Clinical Psychology 2023
Started by dakki016
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Gibstc
Full Member
I'm also anxiously waiting! Is this your first time applying?Hey y’all. I’m just starting this thread to start a discussion on this years application. I applied for the military attack under the Navy. Anxiously waiting for that invite everyday.
It is! I have been reading threads from years ago about when invites are supposed to come out. From what I've read they should be coming soon. Around the 2nd to 3rd week of January. How about you?I'm also anxiously waiting! Is this your first time applying?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Z
Zachary Wilbur
I’m in the same boat with you all! I have been stressing this holiday season with anticipation. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully we will be hearing good news soon!It is! I have been reading threads from years ago about when invites are supposed to come out. From what I've read they should be coming soon. Around the 2nd to 3rd week of January. How about you?
broKEN0587
New Member
I, too, am joining the boat with each of you! I am applying for an Active Army slot in the program. Like Gibstc said, I think we should be hearing back within the next 1-2 weeks. Fingers crossed that we can all score interviews!I’m in the same boat with you all! I have been stressing this holiday season with anticipation. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully we will be hearing good news soon!
Z
Zachary Wilbur
Nice to meet you all! Active Navy here.Same everybody. I literally called them every week to check my application status. Active Air Force applied for the Air Force slot
I’m active navy going for a navy spot!Nice to meet you all! Active Navy here.
broKEN0587
New Member
How many people do ya'll think are applying this year? I heard somewhere that historically there is approximately 175+ civilian slot applicants (see below). Also, I joined GradCafe and responded to this thread below to hopefully (if they respond 🙂) get an idea of how many military applicants there are 🤞
Last edited:
Hi, did you get invited via email, mail or phone call? I’m patiently awaiting mineI got my invitation today!
I got an invite via email. This is what it looked like.Hi, did you get invited via email, mail or phone call? I’m patiently awaiting mine
Attachments
Thank you, and good luck! Hopefully I’ll get one too.I got an invite via email. This is what it looked like.
Z
Zachary Wilbur
Congratulations! Hopefully the rest of ours will be coming soon! 😬I got an invite via email. This is what it looked like.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
broKEN0587
New Member
CONGRATULATIONS!I got an invite via email. This is what it looked like.
For everyone’s SA, got an email from the registrar
“The program is presently reviewing applications. From now until the end of January they will make contact for a February interview. If you haven’t heard anything by 01 Feb, email: [email protected]”
Not sure if this is army peeps specific but it’s something! Holding onto hope!
“The program is presently reviewing applications. From now until the end of January they will make contact for a February interview. If you haven’t heard anything by 01 Feb, email: [email protected]”
Not sure if this is army peeps specific but it’s something! Holding onto hope!
broKEN0587
New Member
Greetings! Are you active military and/or have you applied to the program before? Best of luck, either way!Hey y’all, applied in November. Patiently waiting to hear!!
I am active military and this is my first time applying. What about yourself?Greetings! Are you active military and/or have you applied to the program before? Best of luck, either way!
broKEN0587
New Member
First time applying, too! I am active Army going for an Army slot 🙂I am active military and this is my first time applying. What about yourself?
Have you heard back from Admissions about an interview, by chance? I think only one of us (above) has so far. We're still anxiously waiting!
Current applicant and have interviews tomorrow. I can confirm (from multiple current students) that admissions decisions are made within a week to a week and a half after the interviews are completed. The trip at the end of February is for those who are accepted to 'double-check' their fitment, and for those on the waitlist to do the same if they get a chance to fill a spot (that an accepted student does not want). This year there are 9 total slots spread across the 3 branches and are roughly 25-28 interviewees. So, things will get fairly chirpy here soon as decisions are made.
Last edited:
I was told there were somewhat 20 interviewees from the Navy side. I saw that there were at least 50 people in the orientation yesterday. Minus professors so I’m assuming there’s more than 25-28.Current applicant and have interviews tomorrow. I can confirm (from multiple current students) that admissions decisions are made within a week to a week and a half after the interviews are completed. The trip at the end of February is for those who are accepted to 'double-check' their fitment, and for those on the waitlist to do the same if they get a chance to fill a spot (that an accepted student does not want). This year there are 9 total slots spread across the 3 branches and are roughly 25-28 interviewees. So, things will get fairly chirpy here soon as decisions are made.
You just made my day. I ain’t complaining. I hope you had a great interview!Those were students and others in the background waiting to interview applicants. The admissions office let me know in the fall that they only invite around 30 applicants for interviews out of 300, on average.
I did see on fb that someone got an acceptance a few days ago, but I’m not sure if they were civ or mil track. I applied to military track and haven’t heard anything yet.Hello! Has anyone heard back about acceptances post interview for military track yet?
CDM19
New Member
I got an email on Jan 31st that was from DODMETS which is the medical evaluation system. It had a heading that statedHello! Has anyone heard back about acceptances post interview for military track yet?
"DODMETS.com | Applicant Approval Letter"
You are authorized to take a Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DoDMERB) medical exam as part of your application to a Service Academy, ROTC, USUHS, or other military program.No official acceptance or denial from USUHS however. Did anyone else receive this medical exam email?
Last edited:
Gibstc
Full Member
I also received that. From my understanding, that's just to get a start on the medical portion for those currently military.I got an email on Jan 31st that was from DODMETS which is the medical evaluation system. It had a heading that stated
"DODMETS.com | Applicant Approval Letter"
You are authorized to take a Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DoDMERB) medical exam as part of your application to a Service Academy, ROTC, USUHS, or other military program.
No official acceptance or denial from USUHS however. Did anyone else receive this medical exam email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also received that. I saw the person on facebook got an army slot as well. I reached out to my host and she informed me that she believes that they have sent acceptances out.I also received that. From my understanding, that's just to get a start on the medical portion for those currently military.
CDM19
New Member
Army for sure has released the acceptances as i know one who has already been confirmed. Havent heard of any acceptances or wait lists in the Navy or Air Force however.Yeah. I know someone who got waitlisted. But I think they’re civilian. I’m hoping that they sent civilians the results first as I was reading from past forums. Still clinging to little hope until I get that rejection letter.
D
deleted1096363
Received my non-selection for Army as well. Great program, just difficult to get in. Good luck to your future endeavors!Received my non-selection letter today for AF. Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back! Here's to applying again.