USUHS Clinical Psychology 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dakki016

Reaction score
Hey y’all. I’m just starting this thread to start a discussion on this years application. I applied for the military attack under the Navy. Anxiously waiting for that invite everyday.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey y’all. I’m just starting this thread to start a discussion on this years application. I applied for the military attack under the Navy. Anxiously waiting for that invite everyday.
I'm also anxiously waiting! Is this your first time applying?

I'm also anxiously waiting! Is this your first time applying?
It is! I have been reading threads from years ago about when invites are supposed to come out. From what I've read they should be coming soon. Around the 2nd to 3rd week of January. How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
It is! I have been reading threads from years ago about when invites are supposed to come out. From what I've read they should be coming soon. Around the 2nd to 3rd week of January. How about you?
I’m in the same boat with you all! I have been stressing this holiday season with anticipation. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully we will be hearing good news soon!

I’m in the same boat with you all! I have been stressing this holiday season with anticipation. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully we will be hearing good news soon!
I, too, am joining the boat with each of you! I am applying for an Active Army slot in the program. Like Gibstc said, I think we should be hearing back within the next 1-2 weeks. Fingers crossed that we can all score interviews!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! I applied this year as well. Currently active army, applying for active army:) Good luck to y’all, I hope we hear back soon! The holidays were a little more stressful than usual lol

Reactions: 1 users
Same everybody. I literally called them every week to check my application status. Active Air Force applied for the Air Force slot

How many people do ya'll think are applying this year? I heard somewhere that historically there is approximately 175+ civilian slot applicants (see below). Also, I joined GradCafe and responded to this thread below to hopefully (if they respond :)) get an idea of how many military applicants there are 🤞

1673302377028.png

Last edited:
Hi, did you get invited via email, mail or phone call? I’m patiently awaiting mine
I got an invite via email. This is what it looked like.

Attachments

• 4B85B5FF-FAD9-4C5D-B40C-AF693DDC900B.jpeg
    4B85B5FF-FAD9-4C5D-B40C-AF693DDC900B.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For everyone’s SA, got an email from the registrar
“The program is presently reviewing applications. From now until the end of January they will make contact for a February interview. If you haven’t heard anything by 01 Feb, email: [email protected]

Not sure if this is army peeps specific but it’s something! Holding onto hope!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey y’all, applied in November. Patiently waiting to hear!!

Greetings! Are you active military and/or have you applied to the program before? Best of luck, either way!
I am active military and this is my first time applying. What about yourself?

I am active military and this is my first time applying. What about yourself?
First time applying, too! I am active Army going for an Army slot :)

Have you heard back from Admissions about an interview, by chance? I think only one of us (above) has so far. We're still anxiously waiting!

We had our applicant talk yesterday. They’re doing an open house on the end of February for accepted and waitlisted students. So I’m assuming that acceptance letters would be sent between this week and that day.

Current applicant and have interviews tomorrow. I can confirm (from multiple current students) that admissions decisions are made within a week to a week and a half after the interviews are completed. The trip at the end of February is for those who are accepted to 'double-check' their fitment, and for those on the waitlist to do the same if they get a chance to fill a spot (that an accepted student does not want). This year there are 9 total slots spread across the 3 branches and are roughly 25-28 interviewees. So, things will get fairly chirpy here soon as decisions are made.

Last edited:
Current applicant and have interviews tomorrow. I can confirm (from multiple current students) that admissions decisions are made within a week to a week and a half after the interviews are completed. The trip at the end of February is for those who are accepted to 'double-check' their fitment, and for those on the waitlist to do the same if they get a chance to fill a spot (that an accepted student does not want). This year there are 9 total slots spread across the 3 branches and are roughly 25-28 interviewees. So, things will get fairly chirpy here soon as decisions are made.
I was told there were somewhat 20 interviewees from the Navy side. I saw that there were at least 50 people in the orientation yesterday. Minus professors so I’m assuming there’s more than 25-28.

Those were students and others in the background waiting to interview applicants. The admissions office let me know in the fall that they only invite around 30 applicants for interviews out of 300, on average.

Those were students and others in the background waiting to interview applicants. The admissions office let me know in the fall that they only invite around 30 applicants for interviews out of 300, on average.
You just made my day. I ain’t complaining. I hope you had a great interview!

Hello! Has anyone heard back about acceptances post interview for military track yet?

Hello! Has anyone heard back about acceptances post interview for military track yet?
I did see on fb that someone got an acceptance a few days ago, but I’m not sure if they were civ or mil track. I applied to military track and haven’t heard anything yet.

I got an email on Jan 31st that was from DODMETS which is the medical evaluation system. It had a heading that stated

"DODMETS.com | Applicant Approval Letter"​

You are authorized to take a Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DoDMERB) medical exam as part of your application to a Service Academy, ROTC, USUHS, or other military program.

No official acceptance or denial from USUHS however. Did anyone else receive this medical exam email?

Last edited:
I got an email on Jan 31st that was from DODMETS which is the medical evaluation system. It had a heading that stated

"DODMETS.com | Applicant Approval Letter"​

You are authorized to take a Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DoDMERB) medical exam as part of your application to a Service Academy, ROTC, USUHS, or other military program.

No official acceptance or denial from USUHS however. Did anyone else receive this medical exam email?
I also received that. From my understanding, that's just to get a start on the medical portion for those currently military.

I also received that. From my understanding, that's just to get a start on the medical portion for those currently military.
I also received that. I saw the person on facebook got an army slot as well. I reached out to my host and she informed me that she believes that they have sent acceptances out.

Yeah. I know someone who got waitlisted. But I think they’re civilian. I’m hoping that they sent civilians the results first as I was reading from past forums. Still clinging to little hope until I get that rejection letter.

Yeah. I know someone who got waitlisted. But I think they’re civilian. I’m hoping that they sent civilians the results first as I was reading from past forums. Still clinging to little hope until I get that rejection letter.
Army for sure has released the acceptances as i know one who has already been confirmed. Havent heard of any acceptances or wait lists in the Navy or Air Force however.

Received my non-selection letter today for AF. Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back! Here's to applying again.

Received my non-selection letter today for AF. Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back! Here's to applying again.
Received my non-selection for Army as well. Great program, just difficult to get in. Good luck to your future endeavors!

Hello! This will be my first year applying (Dec 2023) and I was hoping to see if anyone that is currently enlisted AD, would be willing to share what their application looked like and what all you included in your package. Thank you!