USUHS letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoosePilot

Y Bombardier
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone had gotten accepted to USUHS without letters from science professors. I haven't had a science class in 8 years. I'm trying to remedy that, but it's by correspondance, which doesn't make a letter of rec really reasonable.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Members don't see this ad.

well, i got accepted with no clincal letter. I wrote a little blurb about why I didn't have one available and sent it in with my secondary. Also, just call up and ask the admin asst. about it, she's really nice and I'm sure she'll give you some solid advice or will refer you to Mrs. Stearman, who is super-friendly and super-helpful and will let you know what to do.

G'luck, Moose! :luck:

DrYo12 said:
well, i got accepted with no clincal letter. I wrote a little blurb about why I didn't have one available and sent it in with my secondary. Also, just call up and ask the admin asst. about it, she's really nice and I'm sure she'll give you some solid advice or will refer you to Mrs. Stearman, who is super-friendly and super-helpful and will let you know what to do.

G'luck, Moose! :luck:

I talk to Mrs. Stearman pretty comfortably. They're an awesome admissions office, aren't they? She told me not to worry, but I'm not sure if that was "Well, if you can't, you can't, you still have a .00005% chance of getting in."

It makes me feel better to hear you didn't have a clinical letter! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
MoosePilot said:
I talk to Mrs. Stearman pretty comfortably. They're an awesome admissions office, aren't they? She told me not to worry, but I'm not sure if that was "Well, if you can't, you can't, you still have a .00005% chance of getting in."

It makes me feel better to hear you didn't have a clinical letter! Thanks!
what can I say...misery loves company! :laugh:

DrYo12 said:
what can I say...misery loves company! :laugh:

Yeah, but you got accepted. That's not misery, that's hope!

dizzydog said:
Are you guys pretty serious about going there? I interviewed in Dec so I think I will hear soon. I am struggling with the decision if I get admitted to more than 1 school....the standard of living while your a student sounds awesome. Do you guys have any reservations?

I won't be able to apply until 2006. I'm active duty military now. I do have some reservations, because I know how restrictive military life can be. I want to finish out my 20, though, and I think I'll like military medicine. Standard of living is great for a student! I know, I lived on that salary before :thumbup: