UT College of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys... got some... neutral news? hah

I've been deferred. :oops:
I guess this just brings more excitement to my life for a little while longer. :)

Oops, just read this...I guess refer to my previous post for the little encouraging bit about a few people you know who were deferred last year....

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

BTW quick question for whoever might be able to chime in. So for the people that got deferred I hear that they get reviewed before the second rounders... Does this mean that the next set of acceptances would a decent look at if we are to get in or not? Are there normally many people who get deferred more than once or does the admissions team generally know after two meetings whether they want that candidate?

Thanks guys!

As far as I know, very few people get deferred more than once. The idea behind deferral most of the time is just that they didn't get to re-review every application package for every interviewee after each round. So naturally that would lead to a pretty big build up of applications if they were all just shelved until the end. Generally, if you were deferred, the admissions committee will look at your application the next round...that's the goal anyway.

Yay got deferred and not rejected...anyone else got into UH but deferred from UT?...anybody anybody? lol...Happy Hounds if the admissions committee meets March 12 (according to Dr. Wilcox) after that how long till 2nd acceptances sent out do you know? Thanks for all your help, by the way, its been more than helpful and awesome through this crazy time!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey whooppharmd, did you find out about your deferring through a mass email or did you emailed Dr. Wilcox and he emailed you back? I'm just wondering because I haven't receive any emails about my status yet.

I had to email him about my situation so he told me via email not mass email. He said next admissions meeting is March 12th. so I am assuming from that, if it goes according to what it did the first round, that the 2nd acceptances would be sent out the following Monday the 16th? Maybe... possibly...hopefully...lol.

I wish my friend would not have told me about sdn....because I am officially, unhealthly, addicted to it... haha just kidding I love it!

hey guyz I just got my ut invite yeah :D:D:D:D:D

I got an interview as well.....yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy :) :) :)

Does anyone know if the interview invites are being sent out all at once? or throughout the day?

Does anyone know if the interview invites are being sent out all at once? or throughout the day?

I am not 100% positive but it said to:undisclosed-recipients, so that may mean it was a mass e-mail but don't take my word for it. Good luck, though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not 100% positive but it said to:undisclosed-recipients, so that may mean it was a mass e-mail but don't take my word for it. Good luck, though!

well even if it was a mass email, we all wont receive it at the same time. I remeber someone saying they got theres by 5pm, so just wait n be patient before you draw conclusions...

Last edited:
thanks! and congratulations! now i just have to slowly die of a heart attack for the next few hours...

You had mentioned you're using your January scores, right? *just making sure*

If you are, they won't look at your application until the scores come in, and that's when they'll make an interview decision. I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't want you to have a heart attack, lol:)

You had mentioned you're using your January scores, right? *just making sure*

If you are, they won't look at your application until the scores come in, and that's when they'll make an interview decision. I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't want you to have a heart attack, lol:)
Don't worry. I was teasing with the heart attack...ha ha ha. I'm just anxious because I am really hoping to get in this year. I just wasn't sure if they would send an invite without my Jan score since they know me from two years ago and my previous score wasn't as pathetic as the one this past October. Maybe it's because Tech gave me an interview even with my awful October PCAT so I was keeping my hopes up. :)

I think it is a mass email only because they can not let one applicant have more time to prepare than another which sorta makes sense. thats my 2 cents!

Congrats guys on the interview guys! I just found out I got deferred (keeping my head up :D) :)

^^

Congratulations to everyone that is getting interviews today!

If we didn't get an invite today, does that mean the adcom hasn't had a chance to look at our apps? in the worst case that they have but the applicant's not qualified for an interview, they will tell us right? :(

I would think that you wouldn't hear anything back until the last round has gone out. There are still other rounds that you potentially could be up for.

Congrats guys on the interview guys! I just found out I got deferred (keeping my head up :D) :)

^^
How do you know you get deferred? Do you get email from UT automatically or they reply you after you ask them by email? I have not got any information from UT after 1st round interview. Will UT send rejection email to any applicant, or, no news means rejection? Thanks for any clue.

for those who have received invites, when did y'all submit your complete application?

How do you know you get deferred? Do you get email from UT automatically or they reply you after you ask them by email? I have not got any information from UT after 1st round interview. Will UT send rejection email to any applicant, or, no news means rejection? Thanks for any clue.

I got an email that said

"Dear Applicant,

Due to the large number of applicants interviewed, the Admissions Committee was unable to discuss your application at the first meeting. The Committee will make every effort to make a decision on your application at its next meeting on March 12, 2009."

I received an email from UT automatically. I would not know how they handle the rejection email, I think a couple of P1 students here would answer that question better than me.

Also, for any P1 here, the email said that I'll receive my decision by U.S. mail. Is that the norm for 2nd round? I thought they would communicate by email.

Thanks

they don't send rejections over emails

Last edited:
Ok...just received an e-mail from Dr. Wilcox and FYI...they aren't going to look at my application until my January scores are in. This news is better than waiting. :)

Goodluck to everyone else!

Yah i was a little bit confused about the US mail deal too. As far as I understood i thought they sent emails to deferrals and acceptances and sent rejections through snail mail.

I got an official email telling me of my deferral earlier today so I think that now no news is not good. I don't know anything though.

Ok...just received an e-mail from Dr. Wilcox and FYI...they aren't going to look at my application until my January scores are in. This news is better than waiting. :)

I'm in the same boat as you. When do you suppose that our scores will be received? Do you think we will only be looked at for the last round?

That's a good idea. I should do that too, but I am hesitating for some reason.

I'm in the same boat as you. When do you suppose that our scores will be received? Do you think we will only be looked at for the last round?
i think it depends on where you are. they should start sending them out by next week, probably starting 2/24. last time, i took it was october 18(?) and i received my scores on november 19th...

and yes i think that they will only look at us for the last round

my application was submitted around 1/20 and was complete at that time, references and all.

my application was submitted on dec 12 but my last rec didnt go in until 01/27

Yay got deferred and not rejected...anyone else got into UH but deferred from UT?...anybody anybody? lol...Happy Hounds if the admissions committee meets March 12 (according to Dr. Wilcox) after that how long till 2nd acceptances sent out do you know? Thanks for all your help, by the way, its been more than helpful and awesome through this crazy time!

You know, honestly I don't know how soon after the meeting they will send out acceptances or rejections.

does anyone know when UT will be sending out third round interview invites?

So does anyone in here know the first place I could start in looking for housing in Austin? I guess since I'm not in Austin, and until I can actually get up there to look, is there somewhere on the internet or something that I can use to start looking? Thanks.

So does anyone in here know the first place I could start in looking for housing in Austin? I guess since I'm not in Austin, and until I can actually get up there to look, is there somewhere on the internet or something that I can use to start looking? Thanks.

Well that depends on whether you want an house, condo, apartment, loft, or shack. :)

If you want a general overview of apartments in austin by region you can always go to www.apartmentguide.com and www.apartments.com. If you googlemap "student apartments + austin, tx" you can probably find some student housing locators. You can always apply to live in one of the dorms on campus if that's more your speed. Contact the Department of Student Housing at UT and check out http://www.utexas.edu/student/housing/ for more on student and graduate housing. Last year, through the UTCOP 2012 Facebook account, students posted "roommate wanted" type ads to get several pharmacy students together.

www.realtor.com is always good for houses in Austin if you don't mind the commute and want a backyard...

third round invites don't go out until march 24th per wilcox

:confused:Hi Guys,

I just joined sdn, and I have an interview for UT next week. I had a question if anyone can answer it, the people who were deferred did they have an interview? Or were the applications deferred because they have not had a good chance to review the application?

Also, does anyone know how many students UT COP interviews?

third round invites don't go out until march 24th per wilcox

Does this mean those of us who are getting interviewed in the second round will find out on march 23rd if we have been accepted?

:confused:Hi Guys,

I just joined sdn, and I have an interview for UT next week. I had a question if anyone can answer it, the people who were deferred did they have an interview? Or were the applications deferred because they have not had a good chance to review the application?

Also, does anyone know how many students UT COP interviews?

those of us who were deferred already had interviews. In my deferral letter it said that UT hadn't discussed my full application yet and that those whose application they hadn't gotten to in the first round will probably be looked at first in the second round.

Does this mean those of us who are getting interviewed in the second round will find out on march 23rd if we have been accepted?

YEAH!!! pretty cool huh lol. Sorry I was deferred and counting down the days til the next admission meeting which is March 12th...So i am assuming they send out acceptances the following monday the 16th like the last time.

YEAH!!! pretty cool huh lol. Sorry I was deferred and counting down the days til the next admission meeting which is March 12th...So i am assuming they send out acceptances the following monday the 16th like the last time.

so I still don't get it do we find out on march 16th or march 23rd?

so I still don't get it do we find out on march 16th or march 23rd?
Sometime between the 16th and 23rd. I am sure stay tuned to SDN and they will keep us updated on the EXACT day. :thumbup:

According to the schedule I have:

Round 2 acceptances sent out March 13 (email + snail mail)
Round 2 denial letters sent March 16 (snail mail)
Round 3 invites sent out March 24 (email + snail mail)
Round 3 acceptances sent out April 17 (email + snail mail)
Round 3 denials sent April 20 (snail mail)
Final acceptances sent out May 4 (email + snail mail)
Final denials sent May 5 (snail mail)

This is not set in stone, however.

Last edited:
This is not set in stone, however.
hey mike...i scanned the thread, but couldn't find when are the exact dates for the april interview? (just wanna make sure i don't schedule myself at work....just in case :)

hey mike...i scanned the thread, but couldn't find when are the exact dates for the april interview? (just wanna make sure i don't schedule myself at work....just in case :)

Round 2 will be Feb. 27-28 and Round 3 will be April 3-4.

Also, just want to say that things are getting pretty stressful right now, so you if you post a question or send me a PM I may not get to it right away. I'll try to answer any PMs within a week of receiving them.

Last edited:
Thank you Mike36. Just anxious now, the waiting is going to get to me. I wanted to also extend my congratulations to all of the students who have been accepted. In addition, good luck to all those who have received interviews, maybe I will see some of you guys this weekend.