UT College of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this mean those of us who are getting interviewed in the second round will find out on march 23rd if we have been accepted?
usually balab the acceptances from the previous round will go out before the invites for the next round.

Members don't see this ad.

usually balab the acceptances from the previous round will go out before the invites for the next round.
hey tabouli! how was your flight? i'm sorry i had to go see my grandparents or we could have had dinner or something before your flight...

hey guyz for those of you that interviewd at UT this year how many questions were you asked during your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey tabouli! how was your flight? i'm sorry i had to go see my grandparents or we could have had dinner or something before your flight...

oh no problem thanks for the ride you saved me like 30 bucks :), I was able to catch that flight that was leaving at 5:55pm so i basically went inside then ran to the terminal.

hey guyz for those of you that interviewd at UT this year how many questions were you asked during your interview?

I know you were directing this at people who interviewed this cycle, but I interviewed last year, and I think I can add something to this--

Everyone's interviewer is different. Some people are only asked four or five questions and the rest of the interview is just more chatty/conversational. My interviewer, on the other hand, was firing question after question at me. I think he must have asked me at least ten or so questions. And my interview lasted about 45 min. whereas everyone else around me seemed to get out in about 30 minutes. So you just never really know. Length of the interview really has nothing to do with how well you're doing, IMO.

Just my two cents:)

I know you were directing this at people who interviewed this cycle, but I interviewed last year, and I think I can add something to this--

Everyone's interviewer is different. Some people are only asked four or five questions and the rest of the interview is just more chatty/conversational. My interviewer, on the other hand, was firing question after question at me. I think he must have asked me at least ten or so questions. And my interview lasted about 45 min. whereas everyone else around me seemed to get out in about 30 minutes. So you just never really know. Length of the interview really has nothing to do with how well you're doing, IMO.

Just my two cents:)

Thanks I am just getting a little nervous

oh no problem thanks for the ride you saved me like 30 bucks :), I was able to catch that flight that was leaving at 5:55pm so i basically went inside then ran to the terminal.
Wow...that's awesome! I'm glad you got to leave early.

Hi everybody!
While [not] studying for my midterm today, I decided to join SDN and see what all the hype/addiction is about (and I must say, I have a feeling I'll be addicted). Wanted to say congrats to those people that already got in! I'm applying this year as well and have my interview this weekend! :eek: Hope to see a few faces around?

Good luck to everybody as well ~ I'm anxious and nervous as ever and the butterflies haven't stopped hitting the walls of my stomach since I got my invite.

Hi everybody!
While [not] studying for my midterm today, I decided to join SDN and see what all the hype/addiction is about (and I must say, I have a feeling I'll be addicted). Wanted to say congrats to those people that already got in! I'm applying this year as well and have my interview this weekend! :eek: Hope to see a few faces around?

Good luck to everybody as well ~ I'm anxious and nervous as ever and the butterflies haven't stopped hitting the walls of my stomach since I got my invite.

Well the butterlies are a normal feeling, but try to relax as much as possible. The interview itself is not stressful at all! Good luck this weekend.

Wow, you guys are really quiet...by this time last year, we had busted out a 20 page thread! I guess that's good for you guys--you're probably studying and being productive rather than compulsively checking SDN every 10 seconds:)

Wow, you guys are really quiet...by this time last year, we had busted out a 20 page thread! I guess that's good for you guys--you're probably studying and being productive rather than compulsively checking SDN every 10 seconds:)

20 pages?!!! Wow thats a lot! I am just trying to patiently wait for some word from Austin...should hear something March 13th...come on march 13th...:scared:

Haha to our defense, though, you guys had a disgruntled poster amongst your ranks.

Well I have so many questions now that ive been accepted! Mainly about housing...anyone live in West or North campus? How is it there?? Any good places for 1/1? And does anyone live out at far west or arboretum ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha to our defense, though, you guys had a disgruntled poster amongst your ranks.

omg...that schmo. I remember him. lol:) Good point!

Well I have so many questions now that ive been accepted! Mainly about housing...anyone live in West or North campus? How is it there?? Any good places for 1/1? And does anyone live out at far west or arboretum ?

I currently live in West Campus, and it's worked out okay, but I'm actually moving to North Campus next year. West Campus can get a little loud, and I actually live on the so-called "quiet" side. North Campus has more grad/law/engineering students and tends to be quieter.

Far West is nice, and you can find some good deals there, but it's, well, kind of far. Ditto for the arboretum. I would suggest living closer--I actually lived in South Austin for a while last semester, and considering the amount of time you spend on campus the first year, I thought it was just too far.

If you have any specific questions, PM me!:)

pharm doc did you call all the other schools you got interviews at and tell them you don't want to go there :( please the rest of us are dying in agony.

pharm doc did you call all the other schools you got interviews at and tell them you don't want to go there :( please the rest of us are dying in agony.

I'm sorry lol...I am 99% sure I am going to UT. By the weekend I will have denied UH if I think it's definitely not the right choice for me. I don't like to keep you waiting, sorry. Hang in there.

Have you interviewed?

I just wanted to wish luck to everyone who has interviews this weekend. Maybe I will see some of you this weekend as well.

you know who i don't see around here though...where is REDLEY?

Here I am!! :p I thought I'd stop by and wish everyone who has an interview this weekend good luck! :luck:

Far West is nice, and you can find some good deals there, but it's, well, kind of far. Ditto for the arboretum. I would suggest living closer--I actually lived in South Austin for a while last semester, and considering the amount of time you spend on campus the first year, I thought it was just too far.

The good thing about Far West is that there's a UT shuttle every 5 minutes.

Here I am!! :p I thought I'd stop by and wish everyone who has an interview this weekend good luck! :luck:
glad you're back! it's too bad i didn't get an interview this time around. :( I'm hoping to get in in the last round. UT is waiting for my Jan PCAT score. Anyway...mock interview was awesome. I wish I did that two years ago :p

I currently live in West Campus, and it's worked out okay, but I'm actually moving to North Campus next year. West Campus can get a little loud, and I actually live on the so-called "quiet" side. North Campus has more grad/law/engineering students and tends to be quieter.

I live in South Central Austin and I absolutely love it, tho it is a bit of a drive/bus ride in the morning. I use the bus ride for studying flashcards, so it's kind of like mandatory study time. If money looks like it will be an issue, you can get a 3 bedroom duplex for the same price as some people pay for one bedroom in a four bedroom place in West Campus.

Hey guys, hope your interviews went well! I also hope you guys are partying it up now that there is a huge weight off of your shoulders and that is why it is so quiet in here.

Hey guys, hope your interviews went well! I also hope you guys are partying it up now that there is a huge weight off of your shoulders and that is why it is so quiet in here.

I don't think the weight is of our shoulders yet, because now we wait this is the hardest part.

Last edited:
I don't think the wait is of our shoulders yet, because now we wait this is the hardest part.

I agree, waiting is going to take forever, especially if the adcom doesn't get to review my application the next time they meet and I have to wait even longer. I'll party it up once I get my response....hopefully :xf:

I just want to chime and wish everyone who's applying to UT-Austin good luck.

It's my Alma mater, and I have very fond memories. It's a great school. Cheers.

I agree, waiting is going to take forever, especially if the adcom doesn't get to review my application the next time they meet and I have to wait even longer. I'll party it up once I get my response....hopefully :xf:

That is what I did!

To anyone who got their acceptance packet last week in the mail...is the little postcard we have to send back binding? I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools and don't want to be 'stuck' if I can't get out of it. Thanks! :oops:

To anyone who got their acceptance packet last week in the mail...is the little postcard we have to send back binding? I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools and don't want to be 'stuck' if I can't get out of it. Thanks! :oops:

no but if you go somewhere else they keep your seat deposit

I called to ask them the same question. Its not binding. But they do expect you to be professional and let them know, in case you decide against going to UT.

Also, you don't have to pay the $200 deposit until May 1st. The deposit is connected with UT and not the College of Pharmacy. The college of Pharmacy only requires the postcard by the date specified

Guess who's back?! LATERALUS that's right. I dun wanna study for antibiotics so ima check in on u future P1s. W/E u do make sure to read the sampe interview questions here on the website they will make u PWN ur interview.

Hi,
I am a P1 and I live in a great apartment complex if you need a quiet place to live that is walking distance (10-15 min). I was not from Texas so I had absolutely no idea where to live and this place works out great for me. They have efficiencies (basically a studio) for $625 and that includes all bills and parking (internet, water, gas, electric, etc). Most of the students renting there are graduate/professional and I have never had any noise issues. If you want more info or have questions feel free to email me at [email protected]. Congrats!
PS I don't work for this complex or anything I just really like it

Hey guyz y is our thread slowly dying?

I don't know about everyone else, but p1s have 3 exams this week.
It'll pick up again Friday when acceptances are sent out.

SO it has been confirmed that friday is the day we find out?

It will be nice to find some more future classmates. Remember to join our facebook page if you get accepted! :horns:

When I called a couple weeks back they said Friday is when the stuff goes out but don't count on anything until the following Monday. So my money is on Monday ;)

Does anyone know when they plan on sending out the next round of invites? Is there only 1 round remaining?

Does anyone know when they plan on sending out the next round of invites? Is there only 1 round remaining?

There is only one more round and the invites are scheduled to go out on March 24. The actual interviews will take place April 3-4.

There is only one more round and the invites are scheduled to go out on March 24. The actual interviews will take place April 3-4.

Only 3 rounds of interviews for 250 interviewees? Sounds like a lot per day and I only remember there being like 12 students during my half of day interviewing. Well at least everyone will know their status soon enough.

Only 3 rounds of interviews for 250 interviewees? Sounds like a lot per day and I only remember there being like 12 students during my half of day interviewing. Well at least everyone will know their status soon enough.

Yea but there's two days of interviews per round. And you choose a time..I know on the day I interviewed I was able to choose a time from anywhere between 10am and 5pm, so I know I didnt see alot of people interviewing that day. Hopefully a lot of interesting people are getting in :thumbup:

It does seem like our thread is dying out...I was reading last year's thread b/c of another previous post. Anyhow, I thought the acceptance/deferrals will go out with the next round of interview invites. I think the decisions will go out next week...hopefully it is good news. :xf:

It does seem like our thread is dying out...I was reading last year's thread b/c of another previous post. Anyhow, I thought the acceptance/deferrals will go out with the next round of interview invites. I think the decisions will go out next week...hopefully it is good news. :xf:
I would like to talk more about UT. :) Unfortunately, UT has a very spread out schedule. So I think as soon as people hear anything, they post it on here. But many of us are waiting for any decision.

I'm thinking the decisions will go out either this Friday or March 23, since UT is on spring break 16-21.

I'm thinking the decisions will go out either this Friday or March 23, since UT is on spring break 16-21.

That would suck if they didn't tell us till after spring break. I dont know if I can wait that extra week

Yea I guess there isnt any action right now for invitations. I know the current students have had a lot of tests lately, so maybe that's why it's been quiet in here too.

haha i check up on this thread at least once a day. I just don't post anything because i don't really have anything useful to say....like now....

My vote is for Friday news though. Last round's acceptances were done the day after they said they would meet. They said they would meet on Thursday so Friday is my guess.