UT Houston Class of 2009! part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdovez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Either I missed something, or y'all slept on creating a forum for next year. What's up people? I thought you guys were excited!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey.. Excited? That's just the beginning of it. I've wanted to go to UT-Houston for so long and after this long and drawn out process it's finally all over with. One of my friends from undergrad is going to UT-Houston as well, so I already see the beginning of a great class. See everyone there.

Hi! I am SOOOO excited too. I guess I just already thought there was a thread and I couldn't find it in all the excitement. What are you guys going to do today?

Members don't see this ad :)
neoncandle said:
Hi! I am SOOOO excited too. I guess I just already thought there was a thread and I couldn't find it in all the excitement. What are you guys going to do today?

Getting my work on. The real world is a cold cruel place. But, on the bright side, I work near UT-H and am considering going over there later in the week or next week to gather some additional info. What info? Not really sure. But info nonetheless.

Part of me saw all the excitement the UTSW people were creating and I feel like maybe that would have been a better choice. I need you guys to help excite me about the school!!!

Hey Everyone! We're going to UT Houston!!!! Was this everyone's first choice??? It was for me.

Emily

Ylime said:
Hey Everyone! We're going to UT Houston!!!! Was this everyone's first choice??? It was for me.

Emily

It was my first, but it was a last second decision between this and SW. I'm starting to feel the excitement here, but gimme more people!!!

Unfortunately I'm at work today as well. UT-Houston was definately my top choice. It was a toss up for a while between Houston and San Antonio, but in the end I realized that there was so much more to love in Houston. I'll check back on the forum later tonight after work. Congrats again to all of us. This is just one more step towards acheiving our dreams.

jdovez,
Classes on streaming video anytime we want! What more could you want??

Emily

I picked UTSW first, but I live in Dallas and could have mooched off of my parents better there.

We are going to have a rockin' time in Houston. I can't wait to get an apartment picked out and all. This is going to be truly fantastic. The medical district in Houston is unique and huge and we are all going to find our niche there. They have every specialty you could think of and many you may not even know about even if you work in the medical field already.

Here's to taking the "wham bam tram" to school!

That's no lie Emily. Classes over the internet, awesome student body, the Texas Medical Center, being close to friends and family... perfect. I can't wait to meet everyone. We should have a meet up for all of us to celebrate and get ready for 4 great years together. I'm not from Houston so I'm not sure on any good places.

Well neoncandle had said something about a get together after the match a while back. Anyone else in DFW going to UTH?? We should all get together for sure...

Emily

Ylime said:

Emily
of course it was, but 2 long yrs ago ;) but most importantly I would still rank it #1 if I had it to do all over again knowing what I know now :)

:clap: congrats everyone and welcome to a great school!!!!!! :clap:

I think there might be a SDN celebration tonight somewhere near the Village for all SDNers so look in the Texas thread because I think details will be poster there later! :D

Ylime said:
jdovez,
Classes on streaming video anytime we want! What more could you want??

Emily

Oh yeah.....NOW I remember what helped motivate that last minute change from SW to Houston. Streaming video.....mmmmm

Members don't see this ad :)
No work today! I knew a couple weeks ago that I would need this day off - either to start making plans or to formulate a convincing reason as to why I didn't match (they lost my application?).

I'm positively elated I matched with my number 1. My selling points for UT-Houston: TMC, nice area surrounding school, not an overly competetive student body, TMC, attractive hospitals, good amount of PBL, thorough curriculum, streaming videos, new cadaver room and the TMC.

Can't wait til I get my acceptance letter. Congratulations everyone!!!!!!!!! Y'all have definitely earned it.

jdovez said:
Either I missed something, or y'all slept on creating a forum for next year. What's up people? I thought you guys were excited!!!

Hey jdovez, yeah we're excited...just hung over! Last night was a long night, but I'm glad I matched to UT-Houston. It was #1 for me as well. Just think...in 4 years we are going to be M.D.'s! :)

Count me in. I can't wait to see you guys in the Fall! If you don't already live there, when are you guys moving there? I was thinking of moving in mid-July. Maybe we should try to go out for drinks or something before med school starts.

RangerD said:
Hey jdovez, yeah we're excited...just hung over! Last night was a long night, but I'm glad I matched to UT-Houston. It was #1 for me as well. Just think...in 4 years we are going to be M.D.'s! :)

That's a beautiful dog on your avatar, RangerD

UT-Houston, C/O 2009, BOOM SHOCKALOCKA! #1 choice and in six months I will no longer be relegated to a life of checking salt and pepper levels and pretending to know a thing about wine.

So what's up classmates? Here's to five years of living in a cubicle in the LRC! KICK ASS

AJ

Is anyone still in disbelief?? I was so worried about not matching anywhere. I just knew I'd open the page and it'd say "no initial match". I still don't think I get it completely... It hasn't sunk in. We're going to be doctors!

Emily

I just want to welcome you all to UT Houston. You picked an awsome school to go to and I know you will all love it. Make sure you come to Welcome Weekend this March. Great chance to meet your new classmates as well as some of the current 1st and 2nd years. So again, welcome to UT Houston, Class of 2009! :D

Hey all UT-Houston future M1s!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so pumped I can hardly explain it. UTH was my first choice and when I saw it on the match page it nearly knocked the wind out of me.
I think we should definately all get together sometime and start getting to know each other.

YAYAYA. We are going to be docs!!

---sorry...i'm just really excited :p

Ylime said:
Classes on streaming video anytime we want!

Which is why I'm sitting at home right now instead of in class. Lousy weather + warm bed at 8am + streaming lectures = skipping class

Does anyone know if the letter will arrive at the permanent or mailing address?

PeterGriffin said:
Which is why I'm sitting at home right now instead of in class. Lousy weather + warm bed at 8am + streaming lectures = skipping class

Man I am feeling that. But in all honesty, I just decided to go to the school with the student that had the best avatar. And you my friend have the best avatar!!!

*Edit* Followed very closely by Brain!!!

jdovez said:
Man I am feeling that. But in all honesty, I just decided to go to the school with the student that had the best avatar. And you my friend have the best avatar!!!

I'd be offended that you didn't like my avatar... Only I don't have one! :)

PeterGriffin said:
I just want to welcome you all to UT Houston. You picked an awsome school to go to and I know you will all love it. Make sure you come to Welcome Weekend this March. Great chance to meet your new classmates as well as some of the current 1st and 2nd years. So again, welcome to UT Houston, Class of 2009! :D

Yeah, that'll be fun. I can't wait to get the letter! :D

Ylime said:
Is anyone still in disbelief?? I was so worried about not matching anywhere. I just knew I'd open the page and it'd say "no initial match". I still don't think I get it completely... It hasn't sunk in. We're going to be doctors!

Emily

*raises hand* I'm just hoping that that acceptance letter shows up soon and puts to bed these sneaking suspiscions that a letter explaining that my acceptance was a mistake is going to show up instead :D

AJ

Heck ya! We're going to Houston! Can't wait to meet you guys! We'll have an awesome class!

ajnak182 said:
*raises hand* I'm just hoping that that acceptance letter shows up soon and puts to bed these sneaking suspiscions that a letter explaining that my acceptance was a mistake is going to show up instead :D

AJ

I know, I checked my match page like ten times to make sure I read it right! Then I made my boyfriend get on his computer and check it for me to make sure!

Emily

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!

Now, Come Celebrate Your Acceptance And Meet Your New Classmates!!
We Are Meeting At Trudy's On 30th Street In Austin At 9pm Tonight

Wonder when we'll get our acceptence letters...

Hey guys,

Sounds like there are a lot of girls from SDN going to Houston. Let's do an age/gender thing and see if us women are taking over the medical field (haha)

me: 21/F

Keberson said:
Hey guys,

Sounds like there are a lot of girls from SDN going to Houston. Let's do an age/gender thing and see if us women are taking over the medical field (haha)

me: 21/F

I'm game. 22/F

21/F/working slob

A.J., I think I know who you are...was your UTSW interview on the first interview day (9/11)?

p.s. does that sound creepy?

Stitch626 said:
21/F/working slob

A.J., I think I know who you are...was your UTSW interview on the first interview day (9/11)?

sorry to skew things back to the maler gender
25/m/I work hard for my money (ok....sometimes hard)

Congrats guys!!

I'll see you next semester ~!~!~ :laugh:

PeterGriffin said:

Houston here I come!! When is Welcome Weekend??

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to say hi to all my future Houstonians. I hope you are all as pumped as I am about matching at Houston :D . Is anyone else having a really hard time getting anything productive done today?

And for what its worth 20/f/student

jdovez said:
sorry to skew things back to the maler gender
25/m/I work hard for my money (ok....sometimes hard)

its okay...we need some men too, hahah.

does anyone actually live in houston NOW???

21/m (It was great turning 21 a couple days before the match.. :thumbup: ) I don't think this week could get any better...

23/F for what it's worth. I made the decision to apply to med school in grad school. Now I have to get back to writing my thesis :(

jdovez said:

Thanks, although it does give away my plot to take over the world :)

Stitch626 said:
21/F/working slob

Keep guessin', I interviewed in December. And yes, it does sound creepy, but is it even creepier that I kinda like it? :smuggrin: :D

21/M, flowing mane of brown hair, flawed personality/servant (man-*****?) to the rich a.k.a. waiter

-Me

Keberson said:
does anyone actually live in houston NOW???

I do, though sometimes I don't like to admit it, as I used to live in more habitable places (like California). I live right by the med center

bluerose said:
Houston here I come!! When is Welcome Weekend??
sometime toward end of March

Ylime said:
Well neoncandle had said something about a get together after the match a while back. Anyone else in DFW going to UTH?? We should all get together for sure...

Emily

Hi !! I'm going to school in the DFW and I'm going to UTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhh I"m so excited

anyone who is in Houston today should come to the meetup tonight. I'll be in clinicals next year so this may be my only chance to meet you, lol.

COME! :smuggrin:

Hey guys! I also matched at UT-Houston. It was my third choice but I am still very excited about it. I was so worried that I wouldn't match, LOL. A little about me, I go to Univ. of Houston (GO COOGS!) but my state of legal residence is Nevada, so I'll probably be the only out-of-stater in the class. Anyways, you guys seem like a great group and I'm very happy to be a part of it! :) :)

Woo hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.