UT Houston Class of 2009! part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
txkiwieyes said:
Hi guys!

almost time for school to start!!!! Comp Orientation is MONDAY for me, and I STILL don't know where I'm going! (I'm directionally handi-capped)

anyhow... I live on the corner of EL PASEO and CAMBRIDGE! I think someone mentioned before that there's a shuttle on EL PASEO, but at what intersection???

I need to know before monday! haha... Also, is it the UT shuttle or City Shuttle, and how often it comes by to scoop up students???

anyone know?

There's a UT shuttle bus stop at the northwest corner of cambridge and el paseo

Members don't see this ad.

PeterGriffin said:
There's a UT shuttle bus stop at the northwest corner of cambridge and el paseo

muchos gracias Peter!!! :)

So uhmm... I know its a little early to be asking this, but how mandatory/useful are lectures?

And computer orientation tomorrow. WOOWOO. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any suggestions on a type/style of bookbag to get? I'm not sure how many (if any).. books we'll be bringing to class and if I should get one to carry the laptop in as well.. Any suggestions would be helpful.

UT_mikie said:
So uhmm... I know its a little early to be asking this, but how mandatory/useful are lectures?

And computer orientation tomorrow. WOOWOO. :cool:
some people will feel completely neurotic and strung out and as if they were missing something if they didn't go to class. personally, my best classes were the ones I didn't attend. you also always have the option of watching on video if you want which I recommend till you get a feel for the individual classes. you do need to go to labs and required activities but skipping classes gives you so much more free time.

computer orientation gets you your password and iKey which is needed to get your grades come test time.

LanceP97 said:
Does anyone have any suggestions on a type/style of bookbag to get? I'm not sure how many (if any).. books we'll be bringing to class and if I should get one to carry the laptop in as well.. Any suggestions would be helpful.
whatever you like best. you can haul as much or as little as you want back and forth with you every day.

So what'd everyone think of retreat? I thought it was a great time and really enjoyed meeting everyone.. including some of you on here.. Well.. just one more day of freedom before it starts.. need to rest up to enjoy tonight to its fullest...

Status
Not open for further replies.