UT Memphis Apartments

Started by AllTeeth
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I know a few people who live at the Grove and they like it OK. Also there are a few people who live at the Bristol on Union which is just around the corner from the school. They are really nice apartments. I personally live in the Bartlett area. It's about 20-25 minutes away but the rent is much lower. Hope this helps and welcome to UT! 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I lived in the Midtown area. It's just as close as Mud Island but cheaper, in general. I also didn't have to fight downtown traffic every morning. I could set my alarm for 7:30am, be out the door by 7:45 and be in my seat for lecture at 8:00.
 
toofache32 said:
I lived in the Midtown area. It's just as close as Mud Island but cheaper, in general. I also didn't have to fight downtown traffic every morning. I could set my alarm for 7:30am, be out the door by 7:45 and be in my seat for lecture at 8:00.

Any safety issues regarding the Midtown area? I have heard Mudd Island is more secure than the Midtown area.
 
Dr. Dai Phan said:
Hello,

What year did you graduate? DP
2002


AllTeeth said:
Any safety issues regarding the Midtown area? I have heard Mudd Island is more secure than the Midtown area.
This is probably true, but Memphis is one big ghetto any way you cut it.
 
Hi - I'm a D2 and I live on Mud Island at the Estates at River Pointe. It's super nice, but with a nice price tag as well. Tons of students live out here and I absolutely love it. Its very safe and so pretty too. Its like a little sanctuary away from the trash that is Memphis. It depends on if you want to come home to a nice, secure, and quality place and spend more $$ or if you want to go cheap and live like it. The price I pay is $750/mo for a one bedroom. This includes all except electricity, phone, and cable. Its very roomy and spacious. I have a laundry ROOM (not closet doors) with w/d included, nice architecture, huge walk in closet, garden tub, huge deck, etc. The club house has a really nice workout room, theater room that you can reserve, billiards/party room, etc. YOu can rent movies, bicycles, etc for free. There's a car wash on-site too. For me, it was worth the price tag for all that I get. But it's not for everyone.
 
I will be attending Memphis next year. Anyone know what I can expect to pay living on Mud Island for two people (my wife and I) around 1000 sq. feet. Thanks