UT Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Longhorn23 said:
Nope! Nothing about that. I really wanted to ask Dr richards but she seemed kind of in a hurry so I am gonna call them on Monday and find out :)
All I heard was gossip (frm other students), so I am not going to write about that because there is no use stressing you guys for something which might not be true.

Yea! could you pm me too i'm curious too! THanks if you can :)

Members don't see this ad.

Here is Florida, clinical pays about 15K less than retail. It's still good money, if that's what you want to do. I didn't like clinical when I shadowed this year. Maybe I'll like it better once I start rotations.

dgroulx said:
Here is Florida, clinical pays about 15K less than retail. It's still good money, if that's what you want to do. I didn't like clinical when I shadowed this year. Maybe I'll like it better once I start rotations.

dgroulx, where did you shadow, if you don't mind me asking? I work for All Children's Hospital, and I was just curious if you shadowed here. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I shadowed at St. Joseph's in Tampa and Plant City Baptist. Both rotations were in adult medicine. People were very sick. I didn't like being surrounded by the dead and dying. It's probably a much nicer atmosphere at All Children's. I was admitted there twice as a child for different surgeries. My niece had heart surgery there a couple of years ago.

A classmate of mine's husband works as a pharmacist at All Children's. His last name is Haines.

Anyone else heard from UT Pharmacy yet? Let me know!

I haven't heard anything. Are you in LPPA? How many people do you know that have gotten in, Frank? :)

utlonghornsandy said:
I haven't heard anything. Are you in LPPA? How many people do you know that have gotten in, Frank? :)

Hee hee Frank is the Vice President! =) I haven't heard anything yet... :( I haven't heard of anyone getting a letter since around the time you (Frank) got accepted.

Ok, for those of you who are still waiting for news from UT I have some news from the source herself...Dr. Richards.
Less than half of the seats have been filled...only 130 seats are going to be filled. Everyone will know their status by Mid-May, whether rejection, acceptance or alternate status. There is only one more interview date, that will be this saturday and they won't be interviewing anymore for this coming fall.
Everything is weighted equally...interview, writing sample, grades, PCAT..etc.
People are being selected by their added up scores. Right now it seems that they are being very selective in handing out their acceptances, once May comes they will start going down the list.
Good Luck to everyone

Talking of LPPA the president Dawn was interviewing at the same day as I was!!! I thought Frank was somehow related to LPPA!!

Wow emogrrrrl thanks for the info. I love to hear information straight from the official source!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Shannon

emogrrrrl said:
Ok, for those of you who are still waiting for news from UT I have some news from the source herself...Dr. Richards.
Less than half of the seats have been filled...only 130 seats are going to be filled. Everyone will know their status by Mid-May, whether rejection, acceptance or alternate status. There is only one more interview date, that will be this saturday and they won't be interviewing anymore for this coming fall.
Everything is weighted equally...interview, writing sample, grades, PCAT..etc.
People are being selected by their added up scores. Right now it seems that they are being very selective in handing out their acceptances, once May comes they will start going down the list.
Good Luck to everyone

Hey Frank or anyone that's been accepted,
do they email you as well as send you by mail?

thanks.

I just heared from a classmate of mine who interviewed with me last week at UT-Austin that when she sent an e-mail to DR Richards about when she was going to get a decision, she said that they needed her Spring semester grades before they can offer her admission.
I am totally confused because nowhere in their website do they mention that they need the previous semester grades in order to get accepted. What sort of rule is that? I thought they would offer a conditional acceptance or some thing. Anyone aware of this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Longhorn23 said:
I just heared from a classmate of mine who interviewed with me last week at UT-Austin that when she sent an e-mail to DR Richards about when she was going to get a decision, she said that they needed her Spring semester grades before they can offer her admission.
I am totally confused because nowhere in their website do they mention that they need the previous semester grades in order to get accepted. What sort of rule is that? I thought they would offer a conditional acceptance or some thing. Anyone aware of this?

It sounds to me that it may be one of two things. 1) For those who were not given immediate acceptance from their interviews, the spring semester grades will be used to determine who will fill the remaining seats. 2) Also along those lines, spring semester grades will be used to determine the ranking of those who will be put on alternate status.

Just my thoughts...

utlonghornsandy said:
Hey Frank or anyone that's been accepted,
do they email you as well as send you by mail?

thanks.

No, just by mail. (but right before I found out, they sent an email similar to the one they sent me when I submitted my app say they've received all docs, etc, and my app is complete....it was weird)

Has anyone heard yet from UT? I think they sent out another round of acceptances yesterday. I've heard of a few that received letters yesterday...

Yea, they said everyone will find out by mid may.... I think UT is taking WAY TOO LONG to let ppl know. Students need to make decisions on where they want to go early..... Dr Richards was saying they didn't want to send out the rej letters until after finals (for obvious reasons) but I think that's bull because waiting sucks....

Good luck to everyone!

Frank

Hey Frank,

Do you know the Gpa's of the people that go accepted?
I would rather know if i got rejected or not before my registration, which is tomm.

sandy

does UT require students to finish all science prerequisites the spring prior to starting pharmacy school in the fall. or can you finish science prereqs during the summer?

You get the summer to finish up. Have you heard from them emogrrrrl?

utlonghornsandy said:
You get the summer to finish up. Have you heard from them emogrrrrl?

unfortunately, no. i've only heard what i posted not to long ago. i think it's ridiculous that they are waiting to give out rejections after finals. i know i need to make some decisions very soon and it doesnt help that i have to wait another 2-3 weeks before i can even make a move.
i think they are actually making me more anxious for finals rather than relieving me of any stress by making me wait.

emogrrrrl said:
unfortunately, no. i've only heard what i posted not to long ago. i think it's ridiculous that they are waiting to give out rejections after finals. i know i need to make some decisions very soon and it doesnt help that i have to wait another 2-3 weeks before i can even make a move.
i think they are actually making me more anxious for finals rather than relieving me of any stress by making me wait.

I feel the same way. THe sooner i hear, the faster i can put it behind me if it was a rejection, and plan on what I want to do next.

Hi!
UT-FRANK,

Check your private messages(PMs).

Sandy, and everyone else who's waiting,

All decisions will be sent out the week of May 10th, and between now and May 7th there will be 2 more meetings.

Hope this helps.

emogrrrrl said:
Sandy, and everyone else who's waiting,

All decisions will be sent out the week of May 10th, and between now and May 7th there will be 2 more meetings.

Hope this helps.

THanks for the info. I heard one guy in my micro class got in. No one else though. I don't know what his GPA is but he interviewed the same day as me ( in march).

Someone I know got a letter from UT College of Pharmacy that said this:

At its most recent meeting, the Admissions Committee of the C of P at UT discussed your applcation but could not come to any decision because you taking courses this semester that could impact their decision. Because of the highly competitive nature of the applications for the Fall 2004 class and a desire to be consistent in its decision, the Admissions Committee has decided to delay its decision on your application...

The committee will reconsider your application at its final meeting on May 25, 2004. If the address that you......
if you do no recieve a letter from us by June 7, 2004 please call us immediately.

Therefore, looks like we won't find out until after May 25 :( I also heard of people getting rejection letters (from 2nd round of interviews) but no recent acceptances...

maggiemoo said:
Someone I know got a letter from UT College of Pharmacy that said this:

At its most recent meeting, the Admissions Committee of the C of P at UT discussed your applcation but could not come to any decision because you taking courses this semester that could impact their decision. Because of the highly competitive nature of the applications for the Fall 2004 class and a desire to be consistent in its decision, the Admissions Committee has decided to delay its decision on your application...

The committee will reconsider your application at its final meeting on May 25, 2004. If the address that you......
if you do no recieve a letter from us by June 7, 2004 please call us immediately.

Therefore, looks like we won't find out until after May 25 :( I also heard of people getting rejection letters (from 2nd round of interviews) but no recent acceptances...

I think that is for the people with borderline GPA that can fall below 3.0. Otherwise,they would have to tell everyone that b/c most of the pharmacy applicants are taking micro1 and 2, orgo 2, and the orgo lab and micro lab right now. I'm afraid to call and ask, they might write something in the folder.

Well the person who received that letter is only taking 1 prepharmacy prereq right now (Bio 226T)...so I don't know why that person got the letter because their grade won't change drastically. Me on the other hand, I'm taking 6 prereq's - 226R, 226T, 126L, ochem, ochem lab, AND english and I didn't get that letter. So I don't really know what's going on...

maggiemoo said:
Well the person who received that letter is only taking 1 prepharmacy prereq right now (Bio 226T)...so I don't know why that person got the letter because their grade won't change drastically. Me on the other hand, I'm taking 6 prereq's - 226R, 226T, 126L, ochem, ochem lab, AND english and I didn't get that letter. So I don't really know what's going on...

To be honest, I don't think anyone knows exactly how they are making their decisions...I don't think the committee even knows :D . This year's applicants are very competitive and everyone is so highly qualified that I think the committee is having a tough time making decisions. I don't think they want to make any haste decisions so they are taking everything into consideration. Although, I have to say I'm glad I didn't slack off this semester, b/c I was worried that they might ask for my spring grades in order to make a decision. Finals can still screw everything up though...

Crap I hope I don't get that letter..not doing too well in genetics right now :( A bit ironic considering I work in genetic research *doh*

Yes I got that feeling too. They are having a real hard time deciding who to accept/reject. Since I am not a resident I thought they would throw my application out but they actually sent me an e-mail asking if I would become a resident by Aug 25th.
I think it is totally fair to make sure that one is a resident before they accept someone but I am really grateful that they are at least looking into my application.

UT had a round of interviews on April 16, 17 and the 24th. Those were there last days ive heard. Atleast 10 people i know from my school were invited at those dates, including me but i turned them down. 2 of my friends who went to the UT interview on April 17th just got their acceptance letters a couple days back.

2 of my friends got accepted. I haven't heard anything yet. but they were from the first set of interviews. I was from the second set.
Shanana , maggiemoo, or emogrrrrl, Have you'll heard anything?

good luck :thumbup:

utlonghornsandy said:
2 of my friends got accepted. I haven't heard anything yet. but they were from the first set of interviews. I was from the second set.
Shanana , maggiemoo, or emogrrrrl, Have you'll heard anything?

good luck :thumbup:

When did they receive their letters?
I have not heard anything yet.
S

I had my interview during the second round and just got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. I thought it would never come.

Shanana said:
When did they receive their letters?
I have not heard anything yet.
S
Yesterday afternoon. But i haven't recievied anything, so i don't know how they are sending out the letters :confused: .
I don't think it's by alphabet, b/c my last name comes before hers.

It's definitely not by alphabet coz mine starts w/ a Z.

i have not received anything either, CONGRATS AGGIEDG02! :)

HAs anyone heard? Not yet for me, i'm very nervous now.
Frank, have your friends heard?

Sandy

Hey everyone, Ut was supposed to send out all the letters on monday. Has anyone gotten theres yet. my mailman delivered today, but i still haven't gotten anything. :confused:

Just hang in there...it'll come. Finals are here!! Concentrate on that for now.

Plus, it takes 2 days (i think) for the mail to come? So maybe today?

Good Luck everyone!

UT-Frank said:
Just hang in there...it'll come. Finals are here!! Concentrate on that for now.

Plus, it takes 2 days (i think) for the mail to come? So maybe today?

Good Luck everyone!

Hey,
It didn't come in my mail today(mine comes early). But anyways, I called them and they said there are some letters that haven't been mailed out yet. And there is basically no point in calling them again, b/c they can't tell you over the phone or in person. My orgo final is tomm, and i'm trying to concentrate on that.

Sandy,
What number are you calling when you call the school? I have tried to call the main number and get nothing but voice mail.
(I still haven't heard anything either!)
Shannon

Shanana said:
Sandy,
What number are you calling when you call the school? I have tried to call the main number and get nothing but voice mail.
(I still haven't heard anything either!)
Shannon

I call the number they gave us to call for an interview. It always picks up. Check your PMs. But its a dead end b/c they can't tell you anything about your status.

Shannon or Sandy, could you PM me the number to call because I need to change my mailing address. Thanks!

Update - Just talked to someone named Ann in the College of Pharmacy office - she said that all letters should be sent out today, Monday, or Tuesday. She said she was hoping to get them all sent out on Monday but that it might run into Tuesday.
CROSSING MY FINGERS!!
Shannon

I just called also, same as what Shannon wrote. But to add, they are still sending out acceptance letters on those days as well. so good luck to everyone, I bet we will all get our letters the same time.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! Let us know!

Enjoy your summer everyone. Finals are FINALLY OVER! (for me at least) :D

I got a letter today. they will wait until May 25 until my grades come out. I have a 3.6 gpa so it doesn't follow up with what they said in the interview, that they only send that letter to the people with 3.0. I'll keep you posted.
Sandy

Are you finished with all your pre-reqs? What do you think they'll say to those of us who still have to take a class over the summer?

Now I'm worried, after bombing genetics this past semester and having to retake it over the summer (hope they at least see that I got A's in all my other classes :scared: )

djbacklash said:
Are you finished with all your pre-reqs? What do you think they'll say to those of us who still have to take a class over the summer?

Now I'm worried, after bombing genetics this past semester and having to retake it over the summer (hope they at least see that I got A's in all my other classes :scared: )

I'm taking Orgo 2, orgo lab, micro 1, micro 2, and micro lab. and an extra class this semester. So i will be done with all my prereq by this semester.

What is your gpa? I have no clue to what they will tell you. I think that they were shocked that they got so many applications this year than last year that they don't know how to go about accepting people. B/c i know of people that are already accepted that have much lower gpa's than mine. I want to call monday and ask what the average entering gpa will be around.

I was under the impression that ppl who still had some pre req's left for summer were getting that sort of letter. Hmm the whole process is getting more confusing every year. :confused: