UT Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey Frank,
Do you know anything about deferrals at UT? Is it possible at all ?
I might have to take some foreign language in the summer otherwise i'd be gone for a vacation.
Enjoy your summer!

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone else get that letter that they will wait for your semester grades?

I Still Haven't Gotten Anything! Arghhhh

haha why won't it let me do all caps?

Members don't see this ad :)
My fiance hasn't gotten anything yet, either. This is absolutely agonizing. We are trying to arrange our future plans around all this (my job situation, when the wedding will be, etc.). Good luck to everyone! :)

Frank...you're such a nerd! LOL! You know I'm just kidding with you. This is Elaine by the way. Anyway, I can't believe this is happening to me. I feel like I'm living a nightmare. Let me know what you plan on doing.

littleangel said:
My fiance hasn't gotten anything yet, either. This is absolutely agonizing. We are trying to arrange our future plans around all this (my job situation, when the wedding will be, etc.). Good luck to everyone! :)

littleangel, where are you and your fiance residing? Are you in or outside of Austin?

we are outside Austin...check your PMs.

Called this morning -- more info:
All letters have NOT been sent out yet. There is another admissions committee meeting on Tuesday 5/25 and we can expect to get letters by Thursday-ish. These will be both admittance and denial letters.

I am so frustrated!

I love UT...but right now I could just scream.

I love UT too but right now -- ARGH!!
If anyone else calls, could you please ask how many seats in the class have been filled? I would like to know but I did not think to ask.
S

Shanana said:
I love UT too but right now -- ARGH!!
If anyone else calls, could you please ask how many seats in the class have been filled? I would like to know but I did not think to ask.
S

Shannon,
PM me the number you are calling and I will call and ask.

Shannon,

Whoever the woman is that answers the phone wouldn't transfer me to Ann. All she could tell me was the same info about there being one more meeting on tuesday. When I asked about the seats she said she had no idea. Maybe someone else could try and get through...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,

For those that havent heard, Do you have all your preREQs done?
I think they only sent the letter that they will wait for those who haven't finished. I don't know, but i feel sorry for y'll b/c of the long wait. At least we now know that we will all hear the final result at the same time. :)

Sandy,
My prereqs are all done!
Shannon

I just finished my prereqs this past spring.
Does anyone actually know of people who have received rejections that had been interviewed?

I haven't heard anyone with rejections yet.....

Yes I know a person who got a rejection letter.
He said that the letter actually told him which specific classes he should take in order to strengthen his application for next year, which is nice.
S

That's the good thing about UT, it will tell you why they rejected you to improve for next year. However, i heard if that you never got an interview before you got the rejection letter, unfortunatley (sp) you're chances aren't that high. Did anyone else hear this. It was in the Lppa meeting when Ut admissions gave us a visit. Dr. Richards, I believe, said that if they don't give you an interview then they are not interested. My friend at work never got an interview last year, she took some extra science classes but she was still rejected pretty early this year. I don't know her grades or gpa though.

Shanana said:
Yes I know a person who got a rejection letter.
He said that the letter actually told him which specific classes he should take in order to strengthen his application for next year, which is nice.
S

Shannon, how long ago did your friend receive that letter? When did he interview?

He said he got the letter a couple of weeks ago. I think he interviewed in the 3rd round.
Sorry I can't give you more specific info -- I work with this person and we work different shifts so I don't get to talk to him much.
S

Shanana said:
He said he got the letter a couple of weeks ago. I think he interviewed in the 3rd round.
Sorry I can't give you more specific info -- I work with this person and we work different shifts so I don't get to talk to him much.
S

Shannon, I spoke with Ann Spencer this morning (for transcript delay reasons) and I asked her if she happened to know how many seats were left and she said she did not know at the moment. Sorry I couldn't get an answer, but I tried! :D
We should all know, at latest, by friday.

The admissions office updated their automated voice message. Now it says: "All Fall 2004 applicants will be mailed a letter by May 28."

Shanana said:
The admissions office updated their automated voice message. Now it says: "All Fall 2004 applicants will be mailed a letter by May 28."

Good luck Everyone. Please post once you get a letter!

Sandy

HEy everyone,

I got accepted!! :) they sent my letter out on wednesday and i got it Thursday. Has anyone else heard? My last name starts with B, so if you haven't heard, maybe they are going by the alphabet? Good luck everyone!! Don't worry if you haven't heard yet, they still have until the end of today to send letters.

Today my letter came in the mail. I will see the rest of you in the fall down in Austin. UT College of Pharmacy Hook'em Horns!!!! This coming from an Aggie. Whoop! :)

I got a letter today that said "Thank you for applying...According to our records, your application was incomplete at the time we finalized our admissions decisions, and all available spaces for the 2004 summer and fall semesters have been filled. We assume that you have chosen a school that you feel better meets your needs and goals, and we wish you well on your educational journey."

What, are they psychic? Why wouldn't they just assume that I just forgot to send in my fall transcripts? Thanks for the early warning, UT. :laugh: This was not from the COP, though; it was from UT's undergraduate admissions office. I got a letter from the COP last month that said my app was incomplete and would no longer be considered for fall '04 (this was after all interview invitations had been sent out).

Moral of the story: future UT applicants, make sure you follow up after your transcripts were sent to make sure they were received...you will not be warned before it's too late. It's a good thing they were right...I was accepted elsewhere, where I will be much happier and graduate 1 year earlier. :thumbup:

congratulations guys! at least your long wait wasn't done in vain. :)

congrats sandy!!!! and docrx :) i'm so happy for you guys

Thank you maggie and other forum members it has been a long road to get to this point. I wish everyone else good luck!!! :luck:

CONGRATS! CONGRATS! :thumbup: See you all in the Fall! And everyone else who's still waiting.....hang in there and GOOD LUCK....

CONGRATULATIONS to all! Look forward to seeing everyone in the fall!

if there is ANYONE besides myself who is still waiting for a letter, I spoke to Dr. Richards today and she said all the letters were sent out TODAY (not last Friday).

Hello All,

I was *finally* informed today by Dr. Richards that I was denied admission.
Here's some other info I got from her:
--All letters were mailed today (like maggie said above)
--They are operating a waiting list -- so there might be hope for some of you... possibly.
--They received 670 applications and interviewed 336 people for 130 spots.
well no worries. Does anyone have any advice about moving across the country? The only school I was accepted to was the University of Maryland, so I'll be either reapplying next year or moving to Baltimore.
good luck
Shannon

Shanana said:
Hello All,

--They are operating a waiting list -- so there might be hope for some of you... possibly.
well no worries. Does anyone have any advice about moving across the country? The only school I was accepted to was the University of Maryland, so I'll be either reapplying next year or moving to Baltimore.
good luck
Shannon
I'm sorry Shannon. Did she give you a reason? I don't know anything about moving, but good luck if you go to that school.
sandy

Shanana said:
Hello All,

good luck
Shannon

I don't think you should reapply to UT. Go to the University of Maryland! Don't waste another year. I know you love Austin, but I've heard Maryland is really beautiful too. I think it's bull that they didn't accept you, and you went to UT for undergrad. It's their loss! Don't give them any more $$$ next year. You can always move back to Austin after you graduate. UT reserves way too many seats for the UTEP students (I got my BS from UTEP but I still think that's bull too). :thumbdown:

I didn't get accepted either, and I'm pretty unhinged about it (you would think being a UT alum would make a difference). At least you can go to a city like Baltimore rather than moving to the middle of nowhere.
Like I keep trying to convince myself, maybe it was all for a reason that you only got into Baltimore. Life has it's loopy ways of showing us these things.
I have too much I'm leaving behind, but I guess it will only be 4 more years. One thing I'm definitely not looking forward to, aside from the location, are the 19-22 hour semesters. If I can survive that I know I can get through anything. :scared:
My best of luck to you Shannon, I hope everything pans out for you. :luck:

I have to add this...I have one thing to say about UT's process...if anyone knows me they know I bleed orange and that I would have given just about anything to get into their COP. That said....if they say they are going to send out decisions at a given time, they need to do so rather than make students wait 4 months later without even telling them what the hell is going on. I know alot of students were interviewed, more than they had expected and that many students were qualified..etc, etc, etc, but they could have handled things alot better. At UT you're only a # and it's always been that way, but I still hold so much love for them. Also, giving out the rejections after finals was just plain ridiculous..if anything I think it causes more stress to have to make people wait. If they would have sent me my letter 2 months ago I would have been much happier.
That's something I have to say about Tech, they were extremely nice and were more than happy to let students know what was going on, what they should expect, where they were on the waitlist...those types of things. I know they received around 600 apps this year as well. I called to ask a question today and the director of admissions (who I have never personally spoken to) actually knew who I was, where I lived and things of that nature...kind of weird, not used to that sort of thing, but it was nice to know they are that involved with their students.

Sorry for my rant....but that's just my .02

I'm sorry to hear the bad news everyone .. :(

Does anyone know the average GPAs and PCATS?

Anyone with decent stats that got denied? What are they looking for???

Hi UT people !!

Just wanted to say "hi" from a fellow longhorn (who's now a fourth year optometry student at UH)

remember: wherever you go for grad school... we're all horns at heart :horns:

HOOK 'EM!! }:8

Shanana said:
Hello All,

good luck
Shannon

Shannon,

Sorry to hear about that. I know how it feels. I agree with Roxicet and Emogrrrl, though. I'd definitely go ahead and attend Baltimore. There's a benefit in starting school now, since you have been accepted somewhere. And who knows? You may end up LOVING Baltimore and/or the surrounding areas or any area in which you do rotations your fourth year. I definitely wouldn't pass up that opportunity. Hope this helps. :) :luck:

I'm really sorry to hear that Shannon and Em, it's ok though, you'll do good wherever you go :)

I wonder if that means all the letters they are sending out are rejections/waitlist...

All,
Thanks for the encouraging words and advice. I can use all the advice I can get right now! I have not yet decided whether I will be going to U of Maryland or reapplying to UT next year -- I have a very tough decision to make!

Found out some interesting info from Dr. Richards today about the status of TX schools for next year -- apparently A&M Kingsville has not gotten funding approved from the Legislature yet to start a class in 2005. She said that the University of Incarnate Word was more on track to start a class than A&M Kingsville -- and I think UIW is not supposed to start until 2006. Dr. Richards also confirmed that Texas Tech is not going to start a Dallas campus for incoming 1st year pharmacy students - this idea was not approved by the Legislature.

She also told me that UT is planning to increase the size of its incoming class next year to 135 students and that other TX schools are also planning to increase class sizes by 10-15 spots.

Thanks for being such a supportive group!
Shannon

**Bump** You guys ready for orientation? Catch you all in a few days, Jason

Congratulations to all that were accepted to UT! I was wondering when did you all apply? I know that the application cycle just opened on the 1st and they always say apply early. I'm hoping to have all my materials in my the end of the month. I was just wondering when do they start interviewing? Alos, for those of you who are attending now, how do you like it? Any pros/cons to the program? Just wanted an insiders point of view.
Thanks

Hi Setor,

I'm starting my first year at UT this year and it's been going smoothly. Exams seem to never stop (because we have one like every week).

I don't see any cons with the program yet so I wouldn't worry about that (we're ranked #2). Although I think UT's Admissions process is a bit unorganized compared to all other pharmacy schools from what I've heard.

I sent in my application right before the priority deadline (late January) because I didn't start working on my personal statement until christmas break. There are 3 interview rounds(I got the 2nd)- one in February, March, and April.

I hope this helps. Good Luck this year.

Hey everyone. I'm applying to UT Pharm school right now :) Just finishing up on my essay this weekend, hopefully. Anyway, did Shanana decide on The University of Maryland? My friend from college is a 1st year student there. Just curious....
-Gizmo