UT Southwestern Open House

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Telekinesis

Gig 'Em
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UT Southwestern is having an admissions open house on Oct 15. An admissions officer in the minority affairs office invited me. I plan to take the MCAT next year sometime and I plan to apply in the 2013 cycle. I have been emailing my contact about info and what not. Should I go to the open house although I'm not ready to apply yet?
 
Last edited:
I think you should, my advisor told me they are searching hard for blacks to come and they offer generous scholarships
 
I always think getting face time is priceless. Imo, so long as you're moderately normal, anytime someone in a position of power is able to put your face and personality to a name on paper is a bonus.
 
So how should I go about letting the admissions committee see me and get to know me at the open house. Would it be improper to drop my name over and over again?