P

peloj

So I recieved my letter from the University of Utah about three weeks ago and have been waiting to see if anyone had gotten one. If you have, fess up and make a post, it would be cool to get to know my future classmates a little. And if you have any good recomendations on where to live that would be helpful as well.:clap:

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Status (Visible)
Are you in-state? The only reason I didn't apply was because I was under the impression that out-of-staters can only apply to the MSTP program.

rgporter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2003
C-ville, VA
Status (Visible)
Congrats, quite an accomplishment. :clap:
I'm in state and I did my undergrad there but I didn't apply there because I felt the need for change. And also because I couldn't aquire all 6 LOR's they require. Good luck and congratulations again.

About the Ads
P

peloj

I was out of state. I went to UVA for undergrad, but have family in utah so I could apply while claiming ties to utah. Anyone have ideas on where to live?

themann

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I interviewed there in October, but they told me they won't tell most people until April. So I wait... If you don't mind commuting you can live in a lot of cool places (Bountiful, etc). As a matter of fact I don't think you can really screw up too bad anywhere you live. You get more for your money if you live west of I-15 like West Valley and West Jordan, but some people don't like those areas as much. Congrats on getting in from out of state, not an easy task!

rgporter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2003
C-ville, VA
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by peloj
I was out of state. I went to UVA for undergrad, but have family in utah so I could apply while claiming ties to utah. Anyone have ideas on where to live?

Even more impressive. It's kind of funny because I'm going to UVa for medical school. We swapped alma maters. I would say that West Valley is a little unstable. If there is a criminal/gang element in Utah, then WV is where it's at. My friend had her car stolen there last month. I lived in West Jordan, it's not so bad but it's 30 minutes from the U.
To the OP, send me a PM with your name and adress and I'll send you an apartment guide if they still distribute them (they probably do).

japhy

Ski Bum
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 1999
Alta, Ut
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
best places to live would include the avenues area or in sugarhouse. both places have cool, funky houses, good neighborhood restaurants, etc. You should be able to find a 1 bdrm for $5-600. PLus, both locations are fairly close to campus (5-10 minutes).

i am a current student at utah, but i am on leave right now. however, i will be back to join your class for third year. i hope that you have a cool class.

let me know if you have any questions about the school, salt lake, skiing, whatever. i think you will have a great time. i have loved my time at the u.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.