UTenn, Louisville, VCU, Indiana?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorchc27

Linda
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here attending any of these schools and would like to give me some feedback on how they like it? How are the faculty, academics, technology (simlabs?), city?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at TN, Faculty wise it's great except for two professors that I can't stand because they're the worst people I've ever heard lecture. All the other professors are willing to help you in any way possible.

Academics is pretty useful the way it's set up, the courses do prepare you for boards and although it's a lot of classes, it's manageable.

Technology is good. Dentsim is worthless, so i'm not getting into that, but you do start doing operative preps the first month or so of school and they have a full Kavo lab which gives you a pretty good feel of real life environment.

The city is all right. The school is set right in the middle of downtown which is spending quite a bit of money to renovate a lot of places. Of course memphis has it's bad areas like any city, but it's not bad. A lot of students live on Mud Island which is a nice little suburb area with a short drive to campus. The Grizzlies and Redbirds Stadium are also downtown for some relief if need be.

Anyways, I like it, It was a better choice than my state school, and my classmates have been good for the most part.

CJWolf said:
I'm at TN, Faculty wise it's great except for two professors that I can't stand because they're the worst people I've ever heard lecture.
Let me guess...Blankenship, Evans, or Harris?

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, no, they aren't they bad. Harris tries to scare everyone but he isn't that bad once you get to know him.

Lewis is my least favorite professor however ... well, levitan's not very nice either but he's an endodontist after all ...

CJWolf said:
Actually, no, they aren't they bad. Harris tries to scare everyone but he isn't that bad once you get to know him.

Lewis is my least favorite professor however ... well, levitan's not very nice either but he's an endodontist after all ...
Be careful around Levitan...he will screw you over if it benefits his career. He did it to me but it's a long story. And he looks like one of the Mario Bros.