This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lunar24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Is there anyone on here from UTMB or TWU's DPT Program that would like to share how they like their program so far? Any opinions? I would really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having the same dilemma I got into UTMB but if I get into TWU, I won't know which one to pick because I live in Houston and I'm trying to stay in Houston

I'm having the same dilemma I got into UTMB but if I get into TWU, I won't know which one to pick because I live in Houston and I'm trying to stay in Houston

Congratulations!!:) I got into UTMB as well but I ended up accepting because it was my top school but it's a hard decision!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why was UTMB your top choice? TWU and UTMB are my top choices, but tuition and other costs are my main hindrances from picking UTMB. However, I really like the culture and atmosphere at UTMB.

Why was UTMB your top choice? TWU and UTMB are my top choices, but tuition and other costs are my main hindrances from picking UTMB. However, I really like the culture and atmosphere at UTMB.
I think they both have their strengths in culture. The island laid back culture of UTMB that comes with Galveston is great, and the fast paced down to business culture of TWU being in the heart of the med center is also interesting. Both are great options to be honest.

TWU was always my first choice but once I started interviewing and visiting schools I fell in love with UTMB. Here's why:
  • relaxed island atmosphere
  • more of a bigger campus feel but with adults (med/grad students)
  • more interdisciplinary "mingling" - I understand they take their Gross Anatomy with students from other programs which I think is great for making more friends
  • they have intramural sports that they take very seriously!!!
  • their degree plan seems to be more spaced out with much more breathing room IMHO
  • away from home- I'm from DFW
  • good, solid program
Funny thing is I ended up choosing TWU Dallas because
  • it just made financial sense for me, UTMB was pricier
  • has a REALLY good reputation
  • every therapist I shadowed graduated from TWU and they were all great clinicians
  • it was my 1st love-period
I think TWU should start doing interviews/ mandatory Open House sessions or something. I know people in my class who set foot inside the building for the first time during orientation. Having applicants visit the school should definitely make for a much easier decision making process. What I am trying to say is, visit TWU before you make your final decision. It's a great program, with wonderful teachers. They go out of their way to work with you. TWU has been what I expected and more. Of course I will always wonder what my experience would have been like at UTMB but I am happy at TWU and loving everything about the school.

Reactions: 1 users
TWU was always my first choice but once I started interviewing and visiting schools I fell in love with UTMB. Here's why:
  • relaxed island atmosphere
  • more of a bigger campus feel but with adults (med/grad students)
  • more interdisciplinary "mingling" - I understand they take their Gross Anatomy with students from other programs which I think is great for making more friends
  • they have intramural sports that they take very seriously!!!
  • their degree plan seems to be more spaced out with much more breathing room IMHO
  • away from home- I'm from DFW
  • good, solid program
Funny thing is I ended up choosing TWU Dallas because
  • it just made financial sense for me, UTMB was pricier
  • has a REALLY good reputation
  • every therapist I shadowed graduated from TWU and they were all great clinicians
  • it was my 1st love-period
I think TWU should start doing interviews/ mandatory Open House sessions or something. I know people in my class who set foot inside the building for the first time during orientation. Having applicants visit the school should definitely make for a much easier decision making process. What I am trying to say is, visit TWU before you make your final decision. It's a great program, with wonderful teachers. They go out of their way to work with you. TWU has been what I expected and more. Of course I will always wonder what my experience would have been like at UTMB but I am happy at TWU and loving everything about the school.
Great advice! Although I haven't got accepted at TWU, I'm having trouble deciding just in case I do accepted because I have less than a month to decide between the two.