UTMB-Galveston

Started by match2007
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

match2007

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an invitation from UTMB-Galveston recently. Does anyone know about this program or ever interview with them?

Since the spot is only offered PGY2-4, I am really concerned about finding the first year of PG1 position on my own. In the website, they mention they might offer the preliminary internal medicine position in their affilliated hospitals but it is not guarantee and I have to apply for the program separately. I have not applied for the preliminary position yet.

Is it the wise decision that I go to the interview before applying for preliminary internal medicine? Or should I apply the preliminary interinal medicine before interviewing?

I am just afraid of ending up with the different locations. My wife will kill me if I let her take care of the little baby after working all day long without any help. 😕

I need suggestion as soon as possible.
 
Apply to both and get it out of the way. If they take you in their neuro program, they will most likely take you as a prelim.
 
Anyone know about this spanking new program with 3 slots? I'm sure it has kinks to work out during its infancy but any info would be awesome.