Other OT-Related Information UTMB, UTHSCSA Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kika100

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I will be applying to OT school this summer and my top two choices are UTMB and UTHSCSA. I was wondering if those of you that have been accepted can share their stats. I just want to see how competitive I am and what else I can do to be a better candidate.

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everyone!

I will be applying to OT school this summer and my top two choices are UTMB and UTHSCSA. I was wondering if those of you that have been accepted can share their stats. I just want to see how competitive I am and what else I can do to be a better candidate.

Thank you!!

Hi! I was accepted to both programs this year and will be attending UTMB. Here are my state:

Major: psychology
Overall GPA: 3.78
Pre-req: 3.3-3.6, depending on school
Gre: 149 quant, 157 verbal, 4.5 AWA
Observation: a little over 200 in pediatric, SNF, and hand clinic
Extras: captain of my college dance team, consecutive member of deans list, graduated Summa cum Laude, member of psi chi and alpha chi honor societies, TA for child development course
LOR’s: 2 from professors, 1 OT from pediatric clinic, and 1 from dance coach

Definitely not the most impressive stats, but I worked really hard on my personal statement & prepped a ton for the interviews.

Hi! I was accepted to both programs this year and will be attending UTMB. Here are my state:

Extras: captain of my college dance team, consecutive member of deans list, graduated Summa cum Laude, member of psi chi and alpha chi honor societies, TA for child development course

Definitely not the most impressive stats, but I worked really hard on my personal statement & prepped a ton for the interviews.

Thank you so much!! I am scared that my GPA is not the best but these are my stats. Is there anything you would recommend me to do?

Major: Psychology with Biology minor
GPA: 3.73
Pre-req: 3.7 avg
GRE—pending
Observation: will hopefully have 200 by the time I apply
Volunteer: I have over 300 volunteer hours with different organizations and I also taught English for a month in Taiwan
Extras: Research assistant, worked as an ABA therapist for a year, officer of the Rehab Club at my university

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much!! I am scared that my GPA is not the best but these are my stats. Is there anything you would recommend me to do?

Major: Psychology with Biology minor
GPA: 3.73
Pre-req: 3.7 avg
GRE—pending
Observation: will hopefully have 200 by the time I apply
Volunteer: I have over 300 volunteer hours with different organizations and I also taught English for a month in Taiwan
Extras: Research assistant, worked as an ABA therapist for a year, officer of the Rehab Club at my university

I think your GPA is fine! I talked to someone in admissions at UTMB last year and she said it depends every year, but usually a 3.5 and up is considered competitive. Just study and do well on the GRE (especially the writing portion) and write a killer personal statement. Really highlight what makes you unique and why you love OT. :)

What did you take for the prerequisites for UTMB. Specifically human movement or physics and neurological basis for human behavior? These classes seem to be available at separate universities and it looks like UTMB hasn’t updated their information since 2010. Thank you!

What did you take for the prerequisites for UTMB. Specifically human movement or physics and neurological basis for human behavior? These classes seem to be available at separate universities and it looks like UTMB hasn’t updated their information since 2010. Thank you!
I believe I took Introduction to Physics and motor learning, both of which worked for that prerequisite, and for the other I took behavioral neuroscience.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who applied or are current students at UTMB, what do you think of the doctoral transition?

Reactions: 1 user