Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Other OT-Related Information UTMB, UTHSCSA Acceptances

Discussion in 'Occupational Therapy [ O.T.D ]' started by kika100, Apr 15, 2018.

1. kika100

Pre-Occupational Therapy
    Hey Everyone!

I will be applying to OT school this summer and my top two choices are UTMB and UTHSCSA. I was wondering if those of you that have been accepted can share their stats. I just want to see how competitive I am and what else I can do to be a better candidate.

Thank you!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. otwannabe96

Pre-Occupational Therapy
    Hi! I was accepted to both programs this year and will be attending UTMB. Here are my state:

Major: psychology
    Overall GPA: 3.78
    Pre-req: 3.3-3.6, depending on school
    Gre: 149 quant, 157 verbal, 4.5 AWA
    Observation: a little over 200 in pediatric, SNF, and hand clinic
    Extras: captain of my college dance team, consecutive member of deans list, graduated Summa cum Laude, member of psi chi and alpha chi honor societies, TA for child development course
    LOR’s: 2 from professors, 1 OT from pediatric clinic, and 1 from dance coach

Definitely not the most impressive stats, but I worked really hard on my personal statement & prepped a ton for the interviews.

4. kika100

Pre-Occupational Therapy

Thank you so much!! I am scared that my GPA is not the best but these are my stats. Is there anything you would recommend me to do?

Major: Psychology with Biology minor
    GPA: 3.73
    Pre-req: 3.7 avg
    GRE—pending
    Observation: will hopefully have 200 by the time I apply
    Volunteer: I have over 300 volunteer hours with different organizations and I also taught English for a month in Taiwan
    Extras: Research assistant, worked as an ABA therapist for a year, officer of the Rehab Club at my university

5. otwannabe96

Pre-Occupational Therapy
    I think your GPA is fine! I talked to someone in admissions at UTMB last year and she said it depends every year, but usually a 3.5 and up is considered competitive. Just study and do well on the GRE (especially the writing portion) and write a killer personal statement. Really highlight what makes you unique and why you love OT. :)