UToledo MedStart Program 2019-2020 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I still really wanna hear back this week, but at this point I feel like we're gonna be waiting at least another week...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like it’s going to be in the end of February bc- 6 weeks from January 10th

but then again people from the October interview for regular admissions have been hearing back, so maybe they will be looking at the medstart now. I was hoping for today :’/

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I was also hoping for today too, but it might take until the end of the month. All the previous years' forums have people hearing back from February 20 - Early March...

It looks like they are done dealing with pre-interview regular admissions applicants (sent out final pre-interview R's and final II's), so maybe they will be able to get through final evaluations quicker?

Has anyone gotten in touch with them recently? I've called every day for the past three days and nobody has answered the phone.

For those that were at the Nov and Jan interview dates, do you remember what states students came from specifically for MedStart?

When I emailed they told me they were trying to send out the decisions the week of the 17th so it might be even later than that but at least we know not to stress this week

Reactions: 2 users
When I emailed they told me they were trying to send out the decisions the week of the 17th so it might be even later than that but at least we know not to stress this week
When did you email them?

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully this is the week good luck guys

Reactions: 2 users
good luck everyone! it seems like no one from the regular cycle has heard back today either- so hopefully Wednesday!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah it seems like we will be waiting at least another week, maybe longer depending on whether we are prioritized over the remaining regular cycle applicants or not...

Just called them and they said they’re waiting for final evaluations next week. Id take that with a grain of salt though

So they are only going to be at final evaluations next week-or decisions?

I called them too. The lady said the deadline for sub-committees to release their results is next Friday 2/28/2020 and the final committee will review them and release results. She also said some results are already being reviewed and said results are prolly gonna be released next week or the week after on a rolling basis.

I'm planning on applying this fall. I'm just curious, what were the additional essay questions for this cycle?

I called them too. The lady said the deadline for sub-committees to release their results is next Friday 2/28/2020 and the final committee will review them and release results. She also said some results are already being reviewed and said results are prolly gonna be released next week or the week after on a rolling basis.

maybe they will release the November/ December decisions this week and the rest of the December and the January decisions the following week :thinking:.
In the regular admissions it seems like they generally send out acceptances chronologically on a rolling basis- and acceptances seem to come before rejections.

I'm planning on applying this fall. I'm just curious, what were the additional essay questions for this cycle?
How (if at all) are you connected to Toledo, Ohio. Personal statements like what makes you you. I can't remember if they had an essay on research experience?

why Toledo/ personal connection to Toledo/northwest ohio , personal background/hardships, cultural competency
personal statement: why med

good luck!

Looks like at least another week. I’ve never had to wait so long on something lol

I feel like I've heard "this Wednesday" every week for the past month and a half haha. Really hoping that this is the final week of waiting.

I think medstart isnt rolling, they told me that for medstart it doenst matter if u interviewed in november december or january, you are all comparred to each other at same time.

Hopefully this week, we all get our results

i feel ya, i was saying that because the word rolling admissions , especially in regular admissions, means that earlier applicants and interviewees get an "advantage". Just making sure that in this case its different, cause obviously everyone should have the same chance, regardless of interview date

yeah- I have seen from the regular admissions that not everyone that interviews gets the acceptance on the same date- they seem to give out the decisions as they review.

but I do agree- everyone should have a fair chance especially after such a long wait!

I have not, I'm assuming you didn't either? I guess another week?

Yeah I have not- I can’t believe how long this is taking! Next week will be ~14 weeks!

I feel like they're just gonna say final evals again since that's what we have been hearing for the past month or so, but it doesn't hurt I guess since those were technically supposed to be done last week and they said we would hear back either last week or this week.

Yeah I feel like they are going to say final evaluations- I think someone mentioned that the subcommittee evaluations were due on 2/28 which was only a few days ago and the final committee still needs to review. I think that they probably need another week. I just wished that they told us from the very beginning that we were going to be waiting until mid March rather than 4-6 weeks!

Yeah, it seems like it was gonna take this long from the start anyway considering how extensive their evaluations are.

Also- they weren’t done interviewing until January 10th. So it would’ve been impossible to give us our results 4-6 weeks later

Yeah, that's also true. Honestly at this point I wouldn't really be surprised if it takes more than one week considering it's been "one more week" for over a month now...

I understand they’re very busy with their evaluations but I know other Early Assurance Programs that gave their students back decisions within 2-4 weeks after interviews. It’s not like normal apps where they have to review applications from June to March and interview on a rolling basis so its harder for me to see why it takes as long.

Its' all right guys i had a dream last week that they're just gonna accept everyone they interviewed. We are all fine, no need to worry

Reactions: 3 users
Hopefully we will hear back tomorrow. Good luck everyone!!!

Did anyone hear back? I wonder if decisions will be delayed bc of corona

Yeah looks like it might not be this week. Unfortunately now that we didn't hear back this week, I think the decisions could very well be delayed for a long time.

I’m surprised bc regular admissions did hear back this week and they did say this week for us too