UToledo MedStart Program 2019-2020 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, it's weird cause there were definitely multiple weeks in February when we were under the impression that we were gonna hear back. I think they just say "next week" when we ask cause they probably aren't sure themselves when they will be done reviewing everyone. I mean there aren't even too many regular cycle applicants to review but for medstart they have to finish like ALL ~36 before they can send final decisions, and it's been VERY slow for regular applicants too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
But this week someone called and they actually said this week- which is odd bc if they didn’t know then I would think they would say next week again

And the latest I’ve seen medstart get decisions was March 9th a few years ago

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep the latest I've seen too was March 9th and that year had their interviews at the end of February! But hey if someone called this week and they confidently said this week then maybe it doesn't have to be a Wednesday, apparently last year they released it on a Monday according to someone else here, so it is certainly possible to still hear this week. What I'm most afraid of is that if they don't push out decisions ASAP the Corona stuff will prevent them from meeting together to make decisions.

What day did someone call when Toledo informed them this week?

It has been a long and grueling wait everyone and I am so glad to have been able to maintain my sanity with you guys in this thread!! ACCEPTED!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations!! The wait was well worth it!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I'm not sure where to post this because I'm a rising junior and I just wanted to try applying this year. I'm applying to the Medstart program now, does anyone who applied to the medstart program know where we were supposed to upload our personal statements? Like we have the 4 supplementary essays + 1 covid essay, but I don't see a place to submit our personal statement into the AMP portal. Is there not a personal statement anymore for the Medstart program this year? Are we not supposed to be using the AMP portal? I know it may have changed from your application years, but idk who to ask.