UTSD-Houston Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official UTSD-Houston Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

My school acknowledged the receipt of my application but I haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is radio silence from SA and Houston!

Someone on the interview invites tracker thread posted they received an interview on August 18th!

Interview # 4
School: UTSD
Notification date: 09/03
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: 05/24
Application complete date: 06/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/21/26/None
Interview date: 09/15
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 2 users
Interview # 2
School:
UTSD
Notification date: 09/03
TMDSAS mail-out date: june 10
Application complete date: July 24
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/22/None
Interview date: 09/22

Last edited:
I got the same email. Go to your TMDSAS and get in contact with them cause your application is not getting processed if you dont verify your residency. Im pretty sure you have done this by now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview # 2
School:
UTSD
Notification date: 09/15
TMDSAS mail-out date: June 1
Application complete date: July 6
GPA (science, overall): 3.74, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/22/22/30/None
Interview date: 09/29

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4
Notification Date: 09/15
Method of Notification: Email
TMDSAS mail-out date: 05/30
Application complete date: 06/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/19/22/29/none
Dates of Interview: Sept 29

Interview #1
Notification Date: 09/22
TMDSAS mail-out date: 07/09
Application complete date: 08/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/21/20/none
Dates of Interview: Oct 6

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1
Notification Date: 09/22
TMDSAS mail-out date: 07/09
Application complete date: 08/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/21/20/none
Dates of Interview: Oct 6
Congrats! Im a little confused. What do you mean by application complete date? Did you take DAT later? Because application is complete when TMDSAS mailed it out.

Congrats! Im a little confused. What do you mean by application complete date? Did you take DAT later? Because application is complete when TMDSAS mailed it out.
Thanks! I submitted my application on 07/09, but it was processed and transmitted to school on August 19th!

Thanks! I submitted my application on 07/09, but it was processed and transmitted to school on August 19th!
Your DAT is way higher than mine (22,22) Im not that smart :) . But your mailed out date is 5 days after mine. So fingers crossed, hopefully i get hear back over next two weeks :) .

Your DAT is way higher than mine (22,22) Im not that smart :) . But your mailed out date is 5 days after mine. So fingers crossed, hopefully i get hear back over next two weeks :) .

what are your stats Dr.Deadpool97? and what school did you go to? and what state you in?

what are your stats Dr.Deadpool97? and what school did you go to? and what state you in?
Based on your massage on UoP (and you havent answered my questions yet :) ) you are a D3 at UoP, why do you even care about my stats? 22 AA TS and 4.00 GPA, TX, One of the top schools.

Based on your massage on UoP (and you havent answered my questions yet :) ) you are a D3 at UoP, why do you even care about my stats? 22 AA TS and 4.00 GPA, TX, One of the top schools.

because it's fascinating and i'm curious. yes, a d3

• Care
Interview #2
School:
UTSD-Houston
Notification date: 10/05/2020
Application submitted: 5/26
GPA (overall, science): 3.26, 3.06 (Masters - 4.0)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/20
Method of Interview: Virtual

• Care
Guys who has already done their interviewes, How many people did they interviw on that day with you?

When I interviewed less than a month ago there was an OOS interviewee!

Guys who have already interviewed, did y’all have to do a virtual one on one visit with Dr. Cooley?

For the people who have interviewed so far, can you guys please share the interview format? I'm not sure what to expect with virtual interviews.

Does anyone have any info on how the clinicals/clinical requirements differ between the 3 TX schools? I feel like Houston lacks clinically when compared to SA and Dallas from what I've heard and read. They also haven't updated their curriculum like SA and Dallas have for the new integrated boards? Any feedback?

Does anyone have any info on how the clinicals/clinical requirements differ between the 3 TX schools? I feel like Houston lacks clinically when compared to SA and Dallas from what I've heard and read. They also haven't updated their curriculum like SA and Dallas have for the new integrated boards? Any feedback?

Hey, I hope you are staying safe. As a dental student at UTSD who just started clinic, I can tell you my experience and my views. Currently, all dental students at all schools are facing some sort of challenge due to COVID. However, to answer your question, I know that the first-year curriculum at UTSD has been altered in many ways for the integrated boards. For example, radiology is taken early and other classes have changed their Powerpoints to be more relevant to the boards. The pass rate at Houston this year was 98% and I know they want it to be highest as possible. Houston has a laidback atmosphere but at the same time super friendly. In terms of clinical requirements, we all have competencies but the requirements have changed. My two cents is this: go to the school where you are most comfortable. I would always choose the school closest to home if you are a Texas resident if that is what you would like. All 3 schools are great and I can imagine that TTU will be good also. Message me if you have any questions, need help narrowing down school, etc.

Hey, I hope you are staying safe. As a dental student at UTSD who just started clinic, I can tell you my experience and my views. Currently, all dental students at all schools are facing some sort of challenge due to COVID. However, to answer your question, I know that the first-year curriculum at UTSD has been altered in many ways for the integrated boards. For example, radiology is taken early and other classes have changed their Powerpoints to be more relevant to the boards. The pass rate at Houston this year was 98% and I know they want it to be highest as possible. Houston has a laidback atmosphere but at the same time super friendly. In terms of clinical requirements, we all have competencies but the requirements have changed. My two cents is this: go to the school where you are most comfortable. I would always choose the school closest to home if you are a Texas resident if that is what you would like. All 3 schools are great and I can imagine that TTU will be good also. Message me if you have any questions, need help narrowing down school, etc.
Thank you for responding! I will message you

Interview #4
Notification Date: 10/27
TMDSAS submitted date: 06/10
Application transmitted date: 07/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/20/18/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Nov 10th

Hey guys I'm new to SDN, but I thought I'd share my experiences since I'm an aspiring dental student.

School: UTSD- Houston
Notification method - email
Interview offer date: 10/14
Interview date: 10/27
Method of interview: virtual
Application Submitted: 5/31 (although my last letter of rec. didn't get in until September)
Undergrad GPA (overall ; science) - 3.6 ; 3.7
Post-bac GPA: 4.0
Masters GPA : TBD
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Math/any section below 17): 23/21/22/24/25/none

School: WLHSDM - El Paso
Notification method - email
Interview offer date: 9/29
Interview date: They sent out multiple options for me to choose from ranging from early October - early November
Interview method - virtual/in person (they give you a choice ; they are very accomodating to everyones preferences)

I have not heard from San Antonio or Dallas.

Good luck everyone! This is round two for me.

Hang on. I though that only Texas A&M School of Dentistry has a supplemental application (secondary application) among four Texas Dental Schools. Is that right?

Who else is really nervous about Dec 15th?
I already can't sleep very well in anticipation of that day. Tomorrow is my last final for the semester and am making a list of things to keep myself busy for a week until the 15th.

Find something to distract yourself. For example Im waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 :D
Got my hands on Reverb G2 so am gonna be playing Half Life: Alyx, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond which is coming out on the 11th. "Modern problems require modern solutions"!

• Haha
What are our chances of getting in if we got an interview in mid December?

Hi C/O 2025, UTSD D1 secretary here! Preemptively posting the C/O 2025 Facebook for accepted students here: Facebook Groups
Good luck tonight, wishing you all the best! Stay safe. If you have any questions, you can message me here. Thanks!

Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance received 12:00
Also SA same time

Good luck to all!!