UTSD-Houston Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Accepted at 12:01!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted at midnight! So incredibly excited, good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTANCE 12:01!!!!!!!!!!!

FOURTH TIMES THE CHARM!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
Received my acceptance at 12am. Congrats everyone!
Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 6.09.35 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I interviewed at the end of October, and still haven't hear anything yet.
I know it sucks to say so and its cliche but please dont think too much about it and just enjoy your holiday! Your acceptance is right on the corner!

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be turning down my acceptance. Hope one of y'all can grab my spot!

• Care
Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances are going out?

Reactions: 2 users
For those that have interviewed already, how many interviewers did you have?

For those that have interviewed already, how many interviewers did you have?
I had 2 interviewers. It was 1 call with both faculty members present taking turns asking questions.

Yeah for my interview day I only had one interviewer for the whole hour but they just emailed me saying I had to schedule another interview with another faculty🤦‍♂️. Kinda sucks

I heard last year they interviewed around 300 applicants and accepted around 100.
I don't think that's true. I think it is more like they interviewed 160 students and accepted 100. Also, the admission data straight from UTSD doesn't match with the data on TMDSAS. The number of applicants on TMDSAS is about 1000. On UTSD fact book, that number is around 1500. There are some inconsistencies with these data. I will go with TMDSAS data because your application will not be considered if you apply through any other platform for Texas dental schools.

I don't think that's true. I think it is more like they interviewed 160 students and accepted 100. Also, the admission data straight from UTSD doesn't match with the data on TMDSAS. The number of applicants on TMDSAS is about 1000. On UTSD fact book, that number is around 1500. There are some inconsistencies with these data. I will go with TMDSAS data because your application will not be considered if you apply through any other platform for Texas dental schools.
Its actually true. They interview about 300 people, I saw this on one of their cataloges. TMDSAS only reports texan applications. There is actually many oos students applying through Adsas. Only texas students should apply through Tmdsas, its just recommended for oos students to use Tmdsas.

Its actually true. They interview about 300 people, I saw this on one of their cataloges. TMDSAS only reports texan applications. There is actually many oos students applying through Adsas. Only texas students should apply through Tmdsas, its just recommended for oos students to use Tmdsas.
Even if that’s true. Only 1 oss applicant was matriculated last year. So let’s just say that 100 of those 300 interviewed are oss, only 1 will have the chance to get in.

Even if that’s true. Only 1 oss applicant was matriculated last year. So let’s just say that 100 of those 300 interviewed are oss, only 1 will have the chance to get in.
I don't know what point you wanna make out of this. Yes its really hard to get in Texas schools as an oos. But your stats are not right. Based on Adea explorer they got 1493 applicants, 854 is and 587 oos. They interviewed 279 people. 256 is and 23 oos and they accepted 7 oos students. So it seems once an oos gets an interview he actually has a good chance to get in.

Sorry about that. I read it wrong

Has anyone heard anything about when second rounds might be going out?

I just called Crystal Zarate, an admissions advisor who said sometime next month but she does not have an exact date.

I read the thread last year and people heard back earlier this month. Is this normal?

I think they might be coming late in terms of schedule because they started interviewing late

My undergrad's pre-dental advisor said second round of acceptances might be going out in mid-February.

Sorry about that. I read it wrong
I don't know what point you wanna make out of this. Yes its really hard to get in Texas schools as an oos. But your stats are not right. Based on Adea explorer they got 1493 applicants, 854 is and 587 oos. They interviewed 279 people. 256 is and 23 oos and they accepted 7 oos students. So it seems once an oos gets an interview he actually has a good chance to get in.
88 in-state students were enrolled in Fall 2019. But the thing is, a lot more applicants than that are probably accepted because some applicants will turn down their acceptance to attend other schools. I'm guessing at least 120-130 in-state students will end up getting accepted. Your chances are pretty good then. Around 50%. Don't worry too much Tariq, your stats are pretty good. You should get into at least 1 school in Texas.

Hey guys! I received an acceptance email yesterday. I interviewed in December.

Congratss!!! is the second round out already? I called and they said it was going to be in February.
Hey, thank you so much! I actually don't think second round has gone out yet. I believe it really will be in February. Good luck! :)

Hey, thank you so much! I actually don't think second round has gone out yet. I believe it really will be in February. Good luck! :)
Wait what? so do you get accepted or not? If you did, then you would have been in the first round of acceptances which is not possible since it was on December 15th.

Wait what? so do you get accepted or not? If you did, then you would have been in the first round of acceptances which is not possible since it was on December 15th.
Hey! So I’m not exactly sure why the timing was such, but yes, I did get accepted.

Does anyone know how full the class is so far (or the other TX schools)

Did anybody send a letter of intent? I know some oos schools want applicants to send such letter, but I don't know if this is a thing for the Texas school?

Does anyone know how full the class is so far (or the other TX schools)
So I would take this with a grain of salt, but I think I remember Dr. Cooley saying in one of the intro sessions during my interview that UTSD doesn't even give out 100 acceptances during the first round, and before the second round comes out only about 60 seats are filled.

So I would take this with a grain of salt, but I think I remember Dr. Cooley saying in one of the intro sessions during my interview that UTSD doesn't even give out 100 acceptances during the first round, and before the second round comes out only about 60 seats are filled.
I agree. My friend interviewed in mid January last cycle, and she said at her interview Dr. Cooley said the class is less than 70% full. At my interview in November, Dr. Cooley said they are sending out less acceptances during the first round this cycle.

I agree. My friend interviewed in mid January last cycle, and she said at her interview Dr. Cooley said the class is less than 70% full. At my interview in November, Dr. Cooley said they are sending out less acceptances during the first round this cycle.
There is only about 40 people in the accepted class group me if that helps at all. I also will more than likely be giving up my seat so I hope it can go to one of you all. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Just received my acceptance email at 12:15pm today (interview date on 1/14)! This is my top choice so I'm super excited! Good luck to everyone else:)