You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UTSD-Houston Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
predentalco24
New Member
Accepted at midnight! So incredibly excited, good luck to you all!
I got the email at 12:01!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted as well!
Accepted 12:01!
ACCEPTANCE 12:01!!!!!!!!!!!
FOURTH TIMES THE CHARM!!!!
FOURTH TIMES THE CHARM!!!!

accepted 12:01!!
Accepted at 12:01!
Received my acceptance at 12am. Congrats everyone!
Congrats guys! When did y'all interview?
This is totally true! I have a friend at UT Houston and he could barely sleep 3 hrs during finals! This should also be true for any other dental school in the nation but lets just be happy for a short time 😀 .Received my acceptance at 12am. Congrats everyone!View attachment 325106
Ty! Mine was October 20th, hopefully you hear good news very soon!Congrats guys! When did y'all interview?
Thanks! I interviewed at the end of October, and still haven't hear anything yet.Ty! Mine was October 20th, hopefully you hear good news very soon!
I know it sucks to say so and its cliche but please dont think too much about it and just enjoy your holiday! Your acceptance is right on the corner!Thanks! I interviewed at the end of October, and still haven't hear anything yet.
have they asked for a deposit or have i missed that part lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’d probably check the email again. Paying the deposit is what secures your seat.No there is no deposit.
I'll be turning down my acceptance. Hope one of y'all can grab my spot!
There’s no deposit for HoustonI’d probably check the email again. Paying the deposit is what secures your seat.
Thanks for confirming. I sent an email and the school has confirmed this as well.There’s no deposit for Houston
Sorry, looks like a made a mistake!There’s no deposit for Houston
Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances are going out?
Hey does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate for the school?
I heard last year they interviewed around 300 applicants and accepted around 100.Hey does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate for the school?
For those that have interviewed already, how many interviewers did you have?
I had 2 interviewers. It was 1 call with both faculty members present taking turns asking questions.For those that have interviewed already, how many interviewers did you have?
Yeah for my interview day I only had one interviewer for the whole hour but they just emailed me saying I had to schedule another interview with another faculty🤦♂️. Kinda sucks
I don't think that's true. I think it is more like they interviewed 160 students and accepted 100. Also, the admission data straight from UTSD doesn't match with the data on TMDSAS. The number of applicants on TMDSAS is about 1000. On UTSD fact book, that number is around 1500. There are some inconsistencies with these data. I will go with TMDSAS data because your application will not be considered if you apply through any other platform for Texas dental schools.I heard last year they interviewed around 300 applicants and accepted around 100.
Its actually true. They interview about 300 people, I saw this on one of their cataloges. TMDSAS only reports texan applications. There is actually many oos students applying through Adsas. Only texas students should apply through Tmdsas, its just recommended for oos students to use Tmdsas.I don't think that's true. I think it is more like they interviewed 160 students and accepted 100. Also, the admission data straight from UTSD doesn't match with the data on TMDSAS. The number of applicants on TMDSAS is about 1000. On UTSD fact book, that number is around 1500. There are some inconsistencies with these data. I will go with TMDSAS data because your application will not be considered if you apply through any other platform for Texas dental schools.
Even if that’s true. Only 1 oss applicant was matriculated last year. So let’s just say that 100 of those 300 interviewed are oss, only 1 will have the chance to get in.Its actually true. They interview about 300 people, I saw this on one of their cataloges. TMDSAS only reports texan applications. There is actually many oos students applying through Adsas. Only texas students should apply through Tmdsas, its just recommended for oos students to use Tmdsas.
I don't know what point you wanna make out of this. Yes its really hard to get in Texas schools as an oos. But your stats are not right. Based on Adea explorer they got 1493 applicants, 854 is and 587 oos. They interviewed 279 people. 256 is and 23 oos and they accepted 7 oos students. So it seems once an oos gets an interview he actually has a good chance to get in.Even if that’s true. Only 1 oss applicant was matriculated last year. So let’s just say that 100 of those 300 interviewed are oss, only 1 will have the chance to get in.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything about when second rounds might be going out?
My undergrad's pre-dental advisor said second round of acceptances might be going out in mid-February.
Sorry about that. I read it wrong
88 in-state students were enrolled in Fall 2019. But the thing is, a lot more applicants than that are probably accepted because some applicants will turn down their acceptance to attend other schools. I'm guessing at least 120-130 in-state students will end up getting accepted. Your chances are pretty good then. Around 50%. Don't worry too much Tariq, your stats are pretty good. You should get into at least 1 school in Texas.I don't know what point you wanna make out of this. Yes its really hard to get in Texas schools as an oos. But your stats are not right. Based on Adea explorer they got 1493 applicants, 854 is and 587 oos. They interviewed 279 people. 256 is and 23 oos and they accepted 7 oos students. So it seems once an oos gets an interview he actually has a good chance to get in.
Hey guys! I received an acceptance email yesterday. I interviewed in December.
therealmeg
Full Member
Congratss!!! is the second round out already? I called and they said it was going to be in February.Hey guys! I received an acceptance email yesterday. I interviewed in December.
Hey, thank you so much! I actually don't think second round has gone out yet. I believe it really will be in February. Good luck! 🙂Congratss!!! is the second round out already? I called and they said it was going to be in February.
Wait what? so do you get accepted or not? If you did, then you would have been in the first round of acceptances which is not possible since it was on December 15th.Hey, thank you so much! I actually don't think second round has gone out yet. I believe it really will be in February. Good luck! 🙂
Hey! So I’m not exactly sure why the timing was such, but yes, I did get accepted.Wait what? so do you get accepted or not? If you did, then you would have been in the first round of acceptances which is not possible since it was on December 15th.
Did anybody send a letter of intent? I know some oos schools want applicants to send such letter, but I don't know if this is a thing for the Texas school?
So I would take this with a grain of salt, but I think I remember Dr. Cooley saying in one of the intro sessions during my interview that UTSD doesn't even give out 100 acceptances during the first round, and before the second round comes out only about 60 seats are filled.Does anyone know how full the class is so far (or the other TX schools)
I agree. My friend interviewed in mid January last cycle, and she said at her interview Dr. Cooley said the class is less than 70% full. At my interview in November, Dr. Cooley said they are sending out less acceptances during the first round this cycle.So I would take this with a grain of salt, but I think I remember Dr. Cooley saying in one of the intro sessions during my interview that UTSD doesn't even give out 100 acceptances during the first round, and before the second round comes out only about 60 seats are filled.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is only about 40 people in the accepted class group me if that helps at all. I also will more than likely be giving up my seat so I hope it can go to one of you all. Good luck!I agree. My friend interviewed in mid January last cycle, and she said at her interview Dr. Cooley said the class is less than 70% full. At my interview in November, Dr. Cooley said they are sending out less acceptances during the first round this cycle.
Anybody know if Houston has sent out their second round of acceptances?
Just received my acceptance email at 12:15pm today (interview date on 1/14)! This is my top choice so I'm super excited! Good luck to everyone else🙂
Congrats! Does that mean the second round went out?Just received my acceptance email at 12:15pm today (interview date on 1/14)! This is my top choice so I'm super excited! Good luck to everyone else🙂
Thanks! I'm not sure if they're staggering invites throughout the week but I assume that the second wave should be out really soon if it's not here already.Congrats! Does that mean the second round went out?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K